Please help! Black screen with red light!
Hey guys I thought I'd finally join crackberry after reading your posts for awhile, as I finally need help...
I decided to upgrade my 9780 bold to the 9900 bold 3 weeks ago, I LOVED the new design but with it always freezing I knew there was something wrong with it since day 1...
2 days ago as I was bbm'ing my boyfriend, it froze, after 5 minutes of waiting I decided to do the battery pull thinking everything would be solved. its bricked i think. or maybe I nuked it?
Once I turned it on again it kept freezing halfway on the blackberry loading page, the bar just wouldn't move, so thats when I decided to come here an look for answers, Im not that great with technology but I managed to download blackberry desktop manager for my MAC , it read the device and asked to repair it....after several attempts it did the trick and the phone came back alive! this time, seemingly wiped... when I noticed I had my bbm and all my contacts still there I immediately began to msg my boyfriend again, thats when it froze again and HAS BEEN DEAD SINCE
now I ended up getting my windows PC from the closet, did the whole BBSAK thing but then it couldn't recognize my black screen device. then I decided to still try the app loader thing everyone raves about, no luck. it kept going blank after i put my device password in, it doesn't start fixing my phone, everything goes grey and it lets me know I don't have the software or something like that... please help me! I'm at a loss for what to do!
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-30-2012, 12:26 AM #2
- 252 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issue with your device. If DM is telling you that you don't have a software, you probably need to do an OS re-install. You can get the latest OS for your device directly from your carrier website nor blackberry.com
guys I really need your help! i tried wiping the device but it won't recognize the device, however DM recognizes the device it just fails when it tries to repair and reload the os 7... and when I go through app loader it goes grey and blank, please help me I've been crying all night....i just bought this phone and its already garbage
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-30-2012, 06:54 AM #10
- 102 Posts
Compose yourself , its not the end of the world , bad comes to worse just go to where you bought it and tell them to fix it , its quick and easy , if you are fearful of doing this process yourself... then... >
Second of all , it seems you might loose ur contacts , unless you did a backup using DM before , if you did , then it should be located here - > C:\Users\<user name> \Documents\BlackBerry\Backup, In the following process I am going to tell you do uninstall DM , because it gave me trouble also , So first go to the directory I mentioned here , and copy all the files you find and keep it in on ur desktop , then go ahead and uninstall DM then... >
1. Uninstall DM from your computer - and restart
2. Go to your program manager on windows pc - Start > Control Panel > Program and Features > Blackberry Device Software 7.1.0... ( Uninstall it)
3. Use BBSAK to wipe device
4. Download https://www.threesixty.my/direct/dow.../vendelete.zip and keep on desktop
5. Download https://www.threesixty.my/direct/dow...S18.104.22.1682.exe ( when you go to the site , it will tell you some warning mesage , Ignore it and download it , ( i personally have done it , and this is from a famous forum in malaysia) ( then you must double click the file and install the os)
6. - Follow this procedure
INTRO 3) Don't forget your BlackBerry Apps World / BlackBerry Protect username & password.
Safest step-by-step starts now:
5) Go to (C --- Program Files --- Common Files --- Research In Motion --- Apploader --- DELETE vendor.xml (bottom file)
6) Go to control panel --- Folder options --- Show hidden file.
7) Go to (C --- Users --- [your computer name] --- AppData --- Roaming --- Research in Motion --- BlackBerry --- Loader XML --- DELETE vendor.xml
8) Instal JL_Cmder (any version will do, depends on your PC / Laptop)
9) Open JL_Cmder, connect your phone with USB, press any key to continue.
10) Password, yes or no. Press enter.
11) Type / choose number 4 to wipe, and wait until your phone TOTALLY EMPTY. (white screen and it will shows error)
12) Go to (C --- Program Files --- Common Files --- Research In Motion --- Apploader --- RUN LOADER.EXE
13) Choose any file u want to install. Take basic only such as BBM, APP WORLD, and so on. Click next next and wait the installation to begin and finish.
14) After watching the start up video, open BBDM, plug USB to your phone, wait for it to be connected, click DEVICE, choose RESTORE. Actually it's up to you to tick ALL / CHOOSE. I prefer to CHOOSE certain file to be restored, example: BIS, BBM, BB GROUPS, TEXT, SMS, MMS, SETTINGS, OPTIONS, SOUNDS only.
15) Lastly, download these apps
BBM 6.1 - http://www.blackberry.com/messenger
Sixtools - http://www.threesixty.my/download.php
MemBoo - search memory booster via apps world
QuickPull - search quickpull via apps world
16) SETTLE!!!!! Thank you, Thank you!
creds - LATEST STABLE BLACKBERRY OS & SOLUTIONS
Ask ur boyfriend or a male to help you , dont get me wrong women are far more intelligent then men in every sphere , its just you seem that you're not familiar with pc stuff, so find some guy who is into tech stuff.
Hope this helps , lets us know how it turns out
Last edited by phatmaan; 04-30-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Typos
are you sure this is going to work, I've already tried jl cdmr and guess what! nothing! it went back to the menu, and bbsak couldn't recognize my phone, I even changed the power setting to the ports like what was suggested in some posts but NOPE, nothing! i swear I'm making it worse..
- 04-30-2012, 08:07 AM #13
Excuse me for saying this,but it sounds like you don't know what you're doing, you've already said you're not great with technology. I would take the phone back to where you bought it or call CS for help. Good luck.
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-30-2012, 08:50 AM #15
- 106 Posts
If you follow the directions on this link, it should work. It will be frustrating and will probably take several attempts, but it did work for me. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ed-blackberry/
Everything you will need is in the article. Good luck.
- 04-30-2012, 11:56 PM #18BlackBerry 9900 BOLD (22.214.171.1241) (DIGICEL GROUP)
it won't turn on at all but why is the computer saying the phone is stuck on reconnecting to jvm then? I know a lot of people that have had this problem and it went unresolved. if i return the phone to rogers i know the warranty will be invalid because its an unlocked phone now. but will they notice? can i get away with it? maybe i should make another thread about this...
- CrackBerry User
05-01-2012, 03:50 AM #20
- 11 Posts
Same Problem Flashing Red Light Black Screen
Hi Crackberry, same problem with my 9930 it is stuck in a boot loop, BBSAK wont recognize the phone, so the WIPE feature wont work. When you hook it up to Windows PC, the Pin number shows up and it goes off and on (stuck in the boot cycle) I sent it for repairs, and the repair company said the firmware is fine, but no one seems to know how to delete the corrupt/bad software. It will try to load a new OS but fails half way thru, cant find JVM , Pulling the battery , while trying to get it load OS does nothing. I am afraid I have a lovely shiny paper weight, with a black screen, and blinking red light, but not a working phone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, my i- phone buddys are busting my chops, about BB means POS, so a solution, would be wonderful. thanks Director 447Director 447
- 05-01-2012, 07:48 AM #21BlackBerry 9900 BOLD (126.96.36.1991) (DIGICEL GROUP)
i repeat the instructions are NOT working because it gets stuck at "reconnecting to jvm" the final phase, prior I've tried wiping it with many different programs and even downloaded and re installed several times the DM and different OS'.....PEOPLE THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THOSE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE FAILED!!! its is not always the solution! search your forums and take alook at "reconnecting to jvm error" !!!! I must now try and get around my warranty! thanks for your time and help anyway! greatly appreciated
director 447, yes i have the same problem! it is the app loader error, I believe it may be something with the battery because now mine isn't booting at all. try trying it with a replacement battery just incase. oh FYI mine never was stuck in a boot cycle it was always recognized by the DM and app loader. just have corrupted un-wipeable software I presume. thanks anyways, good luck!
- 05-01-2012, 08:18 AM #24BlackBerry 9900 BOLD (188.8.131.521) (DIGICEL GROUP)