Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PLEASE HELP! ATT Unlocked 9900 for T-Mobile SIM not allowed:3

So I recently broke my Torch so my friend kindly loaned me his AT&T BlackBerry 9900 until BB10 come out. I unlocked the phone through freemyblackberry and everything is working perfectly in my house and around my neighborhood, which is only EDGE. When I travel to an area that has 4G for T-Mobile, I see it switch to the 4G network for about 1 minute, but then I'll get "SOS - SIM not allowed:3". (It even does it with EDGE sometimes not around my neighborhood) It will never try to find T-Mobile again unless I do a battery pull, which it will just cycle into the SIM error after it shows 4G or EDGE. I've searched but I can't find anything to this situation besides putting a paper on the SIM, which I tried, but it's obviously not the SIM contacts as it works in my borough of NY, just no where else. I'm really at a loss, I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? I'm currently in my house and it's working now after a battery pull, but when I was just in Manhattan, it showed the error.

Is there something I need to change inside of the OS?

Also, this phone can't get UMA correct? I had it on the Torch for AT&T, but I believe my research has come up a no on this one, just trying to make sure.
    Last edited by Stillmatic718; 12-16-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

You may have to register the PIN # and IMEI # for the device from the BIS portal yourself or by calling them.
    Then have the service books for your plan provisioning sent again.
    I had to do the same and I purchased my device directly from them.
    The 9900 does not support UMA calling, but it does have WiFi calling capabilities on Magenta.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27E693!?

ask t mobile to change your SIM card
    Blackberry Z10
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! ATT Unlocked 9900 for T-Mobile SIM not allowed:3

If you were in engineering screens, you might have changed a sim setting. I had the exact issue and a new sim card wouldn't allow 3g either, only edge

Not sure if this helps...
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! ATT Unlocked 9900 for T-Mobile SIM not allowed:3

I just can't remember what it was under.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

MADBRADNYC - I called T-Mobile and they have the correct PIN # and IMEI number on file on there part, and when I go on to the MyTmobile webpage it is also updated correctly. I also sent my service books to my phone and they promptly came in.

wsg - I changed my T-Mobile SIM card yesterday, so it's brand new.

Shane8750- Possibly, do you know the settings that it is supposed to be on? This may very well be the problem since I have no problem over EDGE service. So those settings, if anyone has it, would be a big help. Thanks!

This is so frustrating, well at least I figured out the wifi calling on this thing, works just like UMA.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Does any one know the settings for the SIM card on the Engineering screen?! Please, my phone isn't allowing me anything besides Edge, and errors on everything else. Or can any one look at their settings and tell me how it's set up.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stillmatic718 View Post
    Does any one know the settings for the SIM card on the Engineering screen?! Please, my phone isn't allowing me anything besides Edge, and errors on everything else. Or can any one look at their settings and tell me how it's set up.
    Don't even think about messing with settings in the escreens.

You will only ever get EDGE on TMO with an AT&T phone, nothing more. Set the mobile network to 2G only and leave it there.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Phil_UK - I actually get the 4G for about 1 minute, then get the SIM error. When I had an unlocked AT&T Torch, I would get the 3G in some of the T-Mobile refarmed areas, so I think it's possible.

I would love to set the mobile network to 2G only, but I have not figured it out yet. It's not under the same options as my Torch. Networks and Connections > Mobile Network > then there's no option to change. I only see Data Services, While Roaming, Preferred Network for Calls, Mobile Network, and Network Selection Mode. Is there another way?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Ok, after some searching why I couldn't turn my phone to 2g only, is because AT&T branded Bold 9900 took that off of their options with the new OS. So I down graded to 7.1.0.74 which has that option now. So I hope this will work, sucks I won't have the luxury of having 3G or 4G though, but at least my phone will (should) work in these areas. I'll update when I know.

Thanks for everyone's help, it's really appreciated.