---Read Updates at bottom of post before responding--- Thanks
    So tonight i started the upgrade process from an old version of 7.1 to the new 7.1.0.746. I have work tomorrow and I need my blackberry functioning. Here is my situation:

I have an ATT 9900. Never have had any issues upgrading it.
    I downloaded 7.1.0.746, deleted both vender files (win 7 has a hidden one what I needed to delete before it would recognize the upgrade)
    Started the install process
    It disconnected half way through. My phone had turned off.
    Application tried reconnecting
    9900 is showing dead battery sign (It had at LEAST 40 percent battery when I started the install and it should charge on the USB)

So right now i have a dead 9900 with half an OS and no way of turning it on... Please help me. I am in a lot of trouble if I cant get this device working tonight.

Extra Detail: I used a USB 3.0 slot, i have an aftermarket battery but i have already tried switching out for the old battery.

UPDATE #1: it loaded the BB screen for about 5 seconds and is showing "Error: 507", I am going to attempt to re install 746 using same method as last time.

UPDATE #2: Re-install is going good. No need to respond to my thread. I will post results.

UPDATE #3: Install complete. One AWESOME upgrade. Highly recommended.

Last and final update, My conclusion:

New OS does NOT work with the 2430 J-M1 extended battery. When BB rebooted during install, it would not load into the OS to finish install because it did not support my battery. It canceled the install midway. Hopefully this conclusion will help someone else.
    Last edited by tjw.; 10-29-12 at 03:21 AM.
    chaihg likes this.
    10-29-12 01:34 AM
    UPDATE #3: Install complete. One AWESOME upgrade. Highly recommended.

Last and final update, My conclusion:

New OS does NOT work with the 2430 J-M1 extended battery. When BB rebooted during install, it would not load into the OS to finish install because it did not support my battery. It canceled the install midway. Hopefully this conclusion will help someone else.
    Sorry to hear you had so much trouble. Many thanks for posting your full story. Others may find the same issue one day and now will have a solution to their problems, too.

One great thing about BB is the ready option to repair software issues. Upgrading sometimes goes awry but persistence just about always pays off in the end. Error 507 is scary that first time, but all will be well if the steps are followed in proper order.
    10-29-12 05:48 AM