I am trying to load pictures on my 9900 that I've transferred to the media card and/or built in memory. They are high res pictures that in the past I've had no trouble viewing. Now, however, while the BB recognizes that there are 86 files in the picture library, the thumbnails will not load, just a generic icon for each pic. When I select a file to view, I get a blank screen, followed by a small white square.

This is happening regardless of where the pictures are stored (2G media card or the internal memory). I've tried formatting, repairing, etc.

Not sure what else the problem could be....
    02-20-12 10:30 AM
    Did you format the card in the phone first?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 10:32 AM
    Yes, it has been formatted, a few times now. Both the card and internal memory.
    02-20-12 12:08 PM
    Sounds like the 'thunbs' files may be corrupted. Had the same problem on my 9780. If the pictures on the SD card, go in to Blackberry/system/media and delete 6 files; thumbs156x156, 512x384, 640x640, both .dat and .key. As soon as you delete these files, don't back out (or these files will try to be recreated). Immediately, do a battery pull and then try to view the pictures. During the first view, be patient (wait for the green bar to go away) as these files are recreated.
    02-20-12 12:13 PM
    There were no thumb files that I could find but I did a battery pull and all appears well again...

Thanks!
    02-20-12 12:38 PM
    I am having the same problem. Pulled the battery, that helped some of the appear. But I still have quite a few that I cannot see. I can not find any .dat files on my phone using BeamExplorer. I am on a Blackberry Bold using an SD card.
    05-30-12 11:32 AM
    I am having the same problem. Pulled the battery, that helped some of the appear. But I still have quite a few that I cannot see. I can not find any .dat files on my phone using BeamExplorer. I am on a Blackberry Bold using an SD card.
    The .dat and .key files aren't in the location starchit posted (that was for OS6), they are here...

/System/appdata/rim/media

Delete all 6 files in this folder, then follow starchit's instructions above.
    05-30-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD