picking up a 9930 so close to bb10?
I'm guessing with bb10 right around the corner there may be alot of 9930's available . . How many of you would endorse picking one up? seems silly with bb10 so close but many say its an excellent device . . .
- 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM #2
On contract? Not a good idea.
Off contract? You might want to wait until BB10 phones are available. BB7 phones will likely come down in price.
- 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM #3
If you can find a pre-owned one for a great price or a new one on sale,
I'd recommend getting it. Yes, BB10 is around the corner, but depending on your carrier, the release dates will obviously fluctuate. Caveat: IF you can wait and don't need to get a new BB at this moment, then yes, wait and try out a BB10 phone. But now may be a great time to pick up a 9930, which is still a stellar, solid device. I've had mine for about a year and I still love the phone. No problems. Sometimes it won't play back videos due to the non-Flash ability, but I have a Playbook so it's no biggie, and I use my 9930 for emails and texts and chats and things.
- 01-22-2013, 03:58 PM #4
If you can wait, I would wait since it's only a week.
I got my 9930 in Aug because my Droid Incredible crapped out and I needed a new phone. That said, I love my 9930 and don't regret the purchase. However, I'll wait and see how BB10 shakes out when Verizon releases their models, then decide if I want to pay full retail!
- 01-22-2013, 04:12 PM #6
- 01-22-2013, 05:47 PM #7
Don't do it. I love the 99xx phones. But they already feel on the outdated side now. Think of how it will seem in two years time. That's an eternity in the smartphone market; things are churning so quickly right now.
- 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM #8
Re: picking up a 9930 so close to bb10?
If at all you want to then there will be plenty available for cheap in 2 weeks time. Hang in till then!
I know my 9900 will be on sale the day I get BB10.
- 01-23-2013, 06:04 AM #9
Why not? I'm thinking of getting the 9900 in the UK sim free as I simply love the device. Have sworn never to commit to a lenghty contract anymore so pay full retail prices. If you can afford and you find a device for a reasonable price go for it. That's what I want to do.
- 01-23-2013, 09:32 AM #10
I agree with some other posters. If you can get it at low cost and off contract, go for it. I'm a device hoarder and I love having BB's in my drawer for any accidental drops. But if it binds you for two years, I say pass. Wait and see what's around the corner.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB history: 8700>8310>8220>9800>9930+16GB Playbook>Z10
Others: iPhone 4, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5
- 01-23-2013, 11:30 PM #11
picking up a 9930 so close to bb10?
"On a two year contract?" No way! Just get a BB10 when they come out. To mess around with for awhile until BB10 gets a good shake down? Absolutely!C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
- 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM #12
I LOVE my 9930, and I think it will make the PERFECT backup to my new BB10 x10 when I finally get it! Like mentioned earlier...we may be waiting a bit for BB10 qwerty to come to verizon...so If you can pick up a non-contract BOLD, DO IT! You wont regret it!! I left my Droid RAZR maxx for my bold...and Ive never looked back! *Grins*~ Still waters run deep ~
- By yodatom10 in forum Hybrid OSReplies: 126Last Post: 10-01-2013, 07:34 AM
- By yodatom10 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 19Last Post: 09-20-2010, 09:31 AM
- By 9ja_rainman in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 2Last Post: 08-26-2010, 04:55 AM
- By Eskimo_Snow in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-15-2009, 02:13 PM
- By cheechoz in forum AndroidReplies: 50Last Post: 12-02-2009, 03:14 PM