Yup - ShutUp! Camera is the way to go. Uses the phones real camera - not just a screen capture. I bought it when I was going into churches and taking pictures to send to my fianc�e in the Philippines. The shutter sound in a quiet Church (even though I went when they were mostly empty) just did not seem right. :-)

You will find that most camera muting apps for BB phones using 7.1 will only perform low resolution screen captures because of something that I believe was done intentionally in the 7.1 OS to force the shutter sound. I don't know how ShutUp! Camera got around it, but they did.
    10-24-12 02:02 PM
    +1 - well worth the purchase.

Yup - ShutUp! Camera is the way to go. Uses the phones real camera - not just a screen capture. I bought it when I was going into churches and taking pictures to send to my fianc�e in the Philippines. The shutter sound in a quiet Church (even though I went when they were mostly empty) just did not seem right. :-)

You will find that most camera muting apps for BB phones using 7.1 will only perform low resolution screen captures because of something that I believe was done intentionally in the 7.1 OS to force the shutter sound. I don't know how ShutUp! Camera got around it, but they did.
    10-24-12 02:12 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD