I know this is something a few people have asked for help with but nobody else's case seems to match mine.

I have 9900 bold and it has been going great with not a single issue for the first 6 weeks that i had it, then all of a sudden a week last saturday the track pad stopped working, so i took it to my local vodafone store and they were really helpful and sent it away to be fixed. i have picked it up and they replaced it with a refurbed handset. the refurbed handset has the message phone is not allowed mm6 is on the top and i cant dial out or in or send or recieve text messages. Also i keep getting bbm requests from some very non uk sounding names.

I am a vodafone employee so im probably going to push for a new handset when i go in store as i know how the system really works and i know the loop holes but if i can fix it myself i would much rather do that as i dont have a lot of time in the mornings to be inserting a faulty device into an unpleasant place of a vodafone sales man

any help would be very much appreciated.
    03-20-12 06:48 PM
    That device is blocked most likely due to being reported lost or stolen.

Take it back and get a replacement.
    03-20-12 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD