Lately, in good coverage area (4G), my 9900 keeps dropping to "SOS"...any chance this could be a bad SIM?

I just completed a complete wipe and loaded up .576 (ATT's latest official) because my phone wouldn't allow me to open texts. This being a week since I awoke to a slow blinking red light with alternating slow blinking trackpad light, to which a battery pull resolved.

I should also note, after the wipe and update, my SIM shows "Unknown Number" however the SOS issue started before the wipe but after the brick-like issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 09:56 PM
    Sounds about right that it would be a bad sim. Esp after you already did a wipe.
    03-26-12 10:35 PM
    mine keeps doing the same (UK Vodafone) sim changed and still the same issue, so they are dropping off a new phone to me at work today, never had this issue with my black 9900 but this white one has been nothing but a pain!

back to black i think!!!
    03-27-12 02:24 AM
    OS update should help in this, update to the the latest one, independent of the carrier, you could also try putting your phone in manual mode rather than the automatic
    03-27-12 09:20 AM
    If you are right on the edge of coverage it can do that. I see it all the time. Phone cycles from 4G to SOS to roaming. 50' away I get full bars 4G.
    03-27-12 09:40 AM
    I had this issue even on my Bold 9700. Telus told me it was a network issue came after they upgraded their system to support H+ system. They told me even though 9700 can't support H+, this network upgrade had issues in Calgary area for some customers.

During the first month owning my Bold 9900 I ran in to SOS, but then it went away. I haven't seen SOS ever since. So, I assume this is a network issue and Telus may have fixed it.
    03-27-12 10:12 AM
    Lately, in good coverage area (4G), my 9900 keeps dropping to "SOS"...any chance this could be a bad SIM?

I just completed a complete wipe and loaded up .576 (ATT's latest official) because my phone wouldn't allow me to open texts. This being a week since I awoke to a slow blinking red light with alternating slow blinking trackpad light, to which a battery pull resolved.

I should also note, after the wipe and update, my SIM shows "Unknown Number" however the SOS issue started before the wipe but after the brick-like issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Tried calling your carrier?
    03-27-12 10:19 AM
    if u have the latest 7.1 os official or leaked version on your 9900 and it keeps giving u that message , its prob a sim issue. you can goto your carrier and theyll provide u with a new one, that should take care of things for u
    03-27-12 10:35 AM
    Mine does too, had 3 SIM cards all to no avail.
    11-15-13 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD