Hello everyone. I have a bold 9900 and the past few days it has been acting really weird. I would use the internet or my fitness pal app and it was really slow, then it would shut it self down. Then it got worse, I can not use my camara, my phone shuts down, boots it self back up, shuts down again, I am unable to use my scroll pad, then it will work fine, then it goes all crazy again. I am not sure what is going on with it, or what I can do to fix it. I do not want to bring it to my att guy because I know they will just send me a re-furb. Any idea how I can fix this?
    I am running OS 7.0 Bundle .576

I just upgarded to this bundle about 2 weeks ago, and I had a of time doing that. I actually lost all my data and thank god for blackberry protect I was able to gain it all back. Does this sound like an OS issue, or is it my actual phone do you think?
    I am willing to try anything, I have backed up phone up again (took me a while and a few shut downs between it but it was done)

Thank you for any tips! I was thinking about calling ATT as well, but my luck I will drop the call and my phone will shut down. I really hope this is something I can fix on my own.
    - Ashley

PS. Edit - I did due a few battery pulls, left it out for a little while as well.
    03-17-12 02:41 PM
    Is it shutting off, or is it rebooting.

See what others say, but I would be concerned more if it is shutting off. Not that rebooting is nothing to worry about.

Here is what I would do. Do a full backup first. Then verify that neither the media card nor SIM is the problem. If not, then do a security wipe, and check the box to delete all user installed apps. Afterward, go through the setup and then play with it for a little while. Try the cameria, media player, browser, whatever you can do with the device in the "out of the box" state. If all is well, setup your email and then restore your personal data, and then restore only the apps you absolutely need.

If you have problems with the devce after the security wipe, you might try wiping and reloading the OS, or upgrade the OS. It's up to you. I think I would. Then repeat the tests with camera, media player, browser, etc. If that did the trick, good. If not, I would conclude there is a hardware problem.

If the device is working ok after either of the above steps, then add your other apps back one at a time, and test. My advice is stay away from apps you don't need, but at least be judicious about your selections.
    03-17-12 06:02 PM
    Yes its rebooting, I will be in the middle of a phone call, text message or just on the internet and it will go black, then the "blackberry" screen will show like when you restart it yourself.

How do I check to see if my sim card or media card are working properly?

I wonder if my previous issue with the OS upgrade may be tied in somehow. For some reason, my phone has a heck of a time connecting to the DM on my computer.
    6.1.0.36 is the version DM I have, should I upgrade that?
    03-17-12 06:32 PM
    It is probably not the SIM card. To rule out the media card, remove it for a while and see if the rebooting stops or if it continues. Sounds like it is happening a lot, and also tied to certain actions you do on the BlackBerry, so maybe it won't take that long to see a reboot without the media card installed, if that is what is going to happen (and at that point you could be pretty sure the media card is not the problem). But if you go a long while with no reboot when you would have expected one by then, then the media card would be suspect.

I doubt your problems upgrading caused the problem; more likely the problem interferred with the ability to complete an upgrade (as well as to complete a backup).

The rebooting suggests a software issue, or a power problem, or at least that would be more likely than a hardware failure.

Unless you are hard on batteries, a power problem is not likely. Do your routinely run your battery down to almost flat before recharging? Do you leave you BlackBerry in a hot car? Are you using an aftermarket or knock-off battery? ... If you answer yes to any of those, it probably would be worthwhile to try a borrowed battery that you know is good, as a test.

But if you don't have any doubts about your battery, troubleshoot the software as posted above first.

Desktop Manager is not your problem as far as the BlackBerry handset. Solve that problem first.
    03-17-12 07:03 PM
    I am not that hard on my battery, I charge it every night, I do not do anything differently then I did with my old bold, or with this one and never had a problem like this. Phone is always by my side, and the battery inside of it is the one it came with. My other issue is my track pad will not work, I can click on the things, but it will not scroll at all, I have to actually use the touch screen to move around. I am going to play around with it tonight, if I can not figure anything out I am going to take it to my phone guy at ATT, Thanks for all your help! I just took the media card out, hoping this wil help!
    03-17-12 07:20 PM
    Did the trackpad issues start at the same time, or shortly before the problem with rebooting? Had you dropped the BlackBerry hard shortly before? What about moisture? Sometimes it doesn't take much water to cause little problems.
    03-17-12 07:33 PM
    Have not dropped it, checked for water damage, that was a negative. No this started shortly after the phone was rebooting. What would happen is it would reboot and not work, so I would start it up again and it would work, well that does not even work anymore, it now just wont scroll at all.
    03-17-12 07:49 PM
    Sounds like a corrupted OS to me. I'd backup / wipe (use JL commander or Javaloader) and install the latest 7.1 OS. If you have any third party apps installed, don't reinstall them until you're sure the phone is behaving correctly, as the issue may be there as well.
    03-17-12 08:03 PM
    Ok. Remove your media card and see what happens. If it still reboots and acts up with the media card out, then troubleshoot software. Worst case you'll be wiping with JL_CMDER or BBSKAK, and then reloading the OS. Lot's or directions here and on other formums for doing so. Fingers crossed.
    03-17-12 08:04 PM
    Thanks for the tips. Dumb questions, but how do I wipe with JL Cmder, or BSKAK? I am not sure what those are.
    03-17-12 08:08 PM
    BBSAK and JL_CMDER are applications.

http://crackberry.com/googlesearch?z..._US&as_q=BBSAK

I think most people would find BBSAK more user friendly. But either one can be used to wipe the device. That will leave you with a 507 error (no software). From there you will load the OS, either reload what you already have, upgrade, or whatever.

EDIT: For JL_CMDER: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://f...yzXpJokX5GngJQ
    03-17-12 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD