Just recently I have noticed that when i put my phone on the charger it starts acting weird. The menu bar goes up and down, opens different windows, and apps are started, but i havent even touched the screen. When I try to navigate through my phone say open up my messages it will freak out again and go to my" favorites" window and start highlighting apps. The second i take it off the charger the phone is back to working normally. The battery icon says its charging but its not charging like it used to.

I have bought a new OEM battery, and still have the original one thinking that was the culprit but it wasn't. I even went and bought another OEM blackberry charger and data cable..

If i restart my phone sometimes it will start charging normally, but not all the time.

Any ideas?

Provider is AT&T, OS running 7.1.0.794
    Thanks in advance,
    Trevor
    12-18-12 04:00 PM
    There may be electrical interference causing your issue. Try plugging your charge in somewhere else in the house and see if it clears up.
    12-18-12 04:25 PM
    There may be electrical interference causing your issue. Try plugging your charge in somewhere else in the house and see if it clears up.
    I've tried every outlet in my house. No good.
    12-18-12 07:15 PM
    i had the same problem with my Storm when i used a cheap gray market charger supplied with it, since i had bought it from one of those group buying sites. It fried two of my batteries before i realized the problem. But since you have tried changing chargers, that couldn't be the issue.

As pointed out earlier, it most definitely is an electrical fault. So I would recommend using a USB port to charge your phone. It will take longer, but your battery would be safe. Just leave it on charge overnight, I guess.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    tmdz99 likes this.
    12-19-12 08:55 AM