How is the call quality? I have Verizon...Curious on its performance or if I should jump ship to the IPhone?
    11-15-11 08:38 AM
    I left iphone 4 for it and find that is a way better phone in terms of call quality. iphone kills the bb in the app dept and novelty stuff.

the keyboard is unbeatable compared to tapping on glass of the iphone.
    11-15-11 08:54 AM
    Exactly what I was looking to hear! Call quality is #1 for me.
    As far as apps, I only use a few so I am happy to hear the good news on the phone!

Some reviews said call quality was not good but I doubted that considering my experience with previous blackberry's....
    11-15-11 09:03 AM
    Yeah, I've never had an issue with call quality on my 9930. It's a fantastic device. The best BB I've ever owned, hands down.
    11-15-11 09:14 AM
    Call quality is not that great. I've had lots of complaints...then again, the complaints all come from people on AT&T lol. All kidding aside, when I first got the phone, the stock os (.242 I think?) Sucked balls on reception and WiFi signal. I'm using .353 now and the call quality has improved drastically (the folks on AT&T are still having trouble hearing me hahaha) and the WiFi signal has gotten a tad better.
    I've found most smartphones I've used get worse reception that dumbphones. I used to think, why don't they just put the radio of a Razr in these things, that phone was awesome.
    Anyway, I use a bluetooth noise cancelling device called a Blue Parrot B-250 (for machinery operators/ truck drivers) and people don't even know I'm driving my big ol' Petercar with the 500hp cat.
    11-15-11 09:15 AM
    How is the call quality? I have Verizon...Curious on its performance or if I should jump ship to the IPhone?
    The audio quality on the 9900 is pretty dang solid as is the reception. I had an iPhone, but I think the 9900 has better quality sound and a louder ear piece.
    11-15-11 09:28 AM
    i love my phone. However im sprint. lol
    11-15-11 09:35 AM
    Call quality is one of the reasons I came back to BB. I can hear clearly on the ear piece and the speaker phone. Prior to this phone I had the Samsung Fascinate. Horrible call quality. No noise cancelling and a terrible echo in the ear piece when I talked.
    11-15-11 10:11 AM
    Overall it is a solid feeling device. The external speaker and ear piece sound amazing. The design of the keyboard is very fluent and comfortable. The OS runs great and I have not had any hiccups. Oh and the display is kick a**, very bright and crisp.

I could't ever imagine leaving BB.
    11-15-11 10:32 AM
    Call quality,reception and and the keyboard are excellent but that is about it for the Bold 9900. I have an iPhone 4 as well and the iPhone 4 is much better at everything else. if you travel often or need to translate text messages or emails I would get the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4S is a powerhouse and the Bold 9900 is a great phone. There is just so much more that the iPhone 4S can do and it does it much easier as it is very user friendly. Coming from the iPhone 4 I feel that the Bold 9900 is a huge step backwards in functionality but as I said if keyboard is what you care about then get the Bold 9900.

The iPhone 4 has great applications that make great use out of what you type or what is typed to where it can be easily copied/pasted and translated using Google Translate or other applications where this can not be done on the Bold 9900. While the Bold 9900 has a better keyboard for typing one is left with very limited functions after if they have a Bold 9900 compared to say an iPhone or Android device. The Bold 9900 is basically old school to where it does the basics and I mean basics. If you just need the basics then the Bold 9900 is for you.

The Bold 9900 has a better speakerphone than my iPhone 4,better sound quality and reception. The iPhone 4 is not bad with the above but that Bold 9900 is better at those 3 and just those 3.
    11-15-11 11:15 AM
    It's an AWESOME Device! I'm on Verizon and the VC is excellent.
    11-15-11 02:13 PM
    The Bold 9900 has a better speakerphone than my iPhone 4,better sound quality and reception. The iPhone 4 is not bad with the above but that Bold 9900 is better at those 3 and just those 3.
    Just to point out, that is an opinion. I would not agree with your assessment - not wholly at least. Each phone has its pros and cons and I found the BB had more pros and worked better *for me*. As the saying goes "To each his own"!
    11-15-11 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD