After literally spending hours on here trying to find a solution, I am resorting to posting and hoping you pro's can help me out..

Since last night my 9900 will not boot past the error 102 screen. It loads about 70% of the way and then the white error 102 screen pops up. It will not connect to DM during this at all (says retry or update DM). I think the reason behind this was my removing the telicost app, I rebooted after removing the app. It hasnt worked since that reboot last night.
    Basically I am running an old macbook with both windows xp and mac os. I have DM on the mac side of things but I dont have enough HD to install xp sp2. So I can only access it via mac. So I can't use JL Cmdr either because its windows only, and I dont have DM on the windows side of things. I have tried to connect via JL Cmdr but it wont. I cant access the log so I cant figure out whats the issue.

Threads I looked at that dont work: Error 102 step by step fix, Error 102 Try before wiping

And Im pretty sure I solved this before with my 9700 a few months ago. But I cant bloody remember how I solved it.

Soooo how can I get my computer to access the phone? I just need to wipe it and restore from my backup but all my attempts to connect it wont work. Did I miss a method? Sorry Ive been racking my brain for this for the last few hours and cant come up with a solution and find online..

Gulp, help!
    Last edited by austriker; 10-16-11 at 04:07 PM.
    10-16-11 04:01 PM
    After literally spending hours on here trying to find a solution, I am resorting to posting and hoping you pro's can help me out..

Since last night my 9900 will not boot past the error 102 screen. It loads about 70% of the way and then the white error 102 screen pops up. It will not connect to DM during this at all (says retry or update DM). I think the reason behind this was my removing the telicost app, I rebooted after removing the app. It hasnt worked since that reboot last night.
    Basically I am running an old macbook with both windows xp and mac os. I have DM on the mac side of things but I dont have enough HD to install xp sp2. So I can only access it via mac. So I can't use JL Cmdr either because its windows only, and I dont have DM on the windows side of things. I have tried to connect via JL Cmdr but it wont. I cant access the log so I cant figure out whats the issue.

Threads I looked at that dont work: Error 102 step by step fix, Error 102 Try before wiping

And Im pretty sure I solved this before with my 9700 a few months ago. But I cant bloody remember how I solved it.

Soooo how can I get my computer to access the phone? I just need to wipe it and restore from my backup but all my attempts to connect it wont work. Did I miss a method? Sorry Ive been racking my brain for this for the last few hours and cant come up with a solution and find online..

Gulp, help!
    try entering safe mode.
    i will try to look for the steps.. it's burried here somewhere.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-safe-mode
    austriker likes this.
    10-16-11 04:15 PM
    UPDATE:

WOW. So I went back to mac DM and decided to click 'upgrade' to see what happens. And DM wanted to downgrade me to .196 (I think). I am currently downgrading; perhaps that will fix this issue, it is currently "loading os"..

Very odd that downgrading the os might fix this..
    10-16-11 04:17 PM
    try entering safe mode.
    i will try to look for the steps.. it's burried here somewhere.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-safe-mode
    I tried to access safe mode as well but to no avail. I believe it used to be holding down the escape button (the sideways U button between hang up and the scroll pad) right after the LED goes red after the reboot. It didnt do anything for me. Thanks though!

I think its because the phone does not actually finish the boot sequence, thus safe mode cant be accessed.
    Last edited by austriker; 10-16-11 at 04:24 PM.
    10-16-11 04:18 PM
    Wow.

Super weird, I downgraded via DM and now it booted up.

Currently restoring from backup.

Sorry all for wasting a thread! Who would have guessed I would need to downgrade to fix the phone..
    10-16-11 04:29 PM
    Glad you were able to get it working again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    austriker likes this.
    10-16-11 06:38 PM
    .....and now for something completely usual.

10-16-11 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD