Over the past few weeks I had been getting increasingly frustrated with lagging. I'd pick up the Berry and click to open inbox and it would take literally 20 seconds sometimes to respond....or pop into BBM and take 20 seconds before I could type. I cleaned up un-used apps, combed through the application management to make sure there was nothing in RAM that could be hurting it, installed the latest OS, nothing made a difference. Was going to wipe it clean and re-do OS because I am a frequent installer of leaks etc...figured there must be artifacts or something hanging around. Looked at the device analyzer and it said memory was fine etc.

Got to thinking about the size of my inbox and hit "b" to go to the bottom and noted that I had almost a year of email on the device (I don't delete much because I use search a ton to find things from past) and I get a ton of email every day. I trimmed out about 5 months worth of email by going to a date header and using "delete prior".

The device is back and crisp and fast as . The way it should be.

Lesson was that regardless of what the analyzer says....the inbox is apparently a hog and can haul the performance into almost unusable state.
    05-13-12 07:53 AM
    If you setup the Message options to delete from Handeld only you can still access all of them from a pc.
    05-13-12 09:09 AM
    The device analyser is a very, very basic overview and poor analysis of the phone's performance in my opinion.
    The fact that it only looks at the available memory on the phone before making the statement "yup, your phone is all good " is a clear indicator that the device analyser should only be taken with a grain of sand.
    05-13-12 09:28 AM
    great tip, my message inbox had stuff dating back to last year which is strange because I set the "days to keep messages" to 15 a while back
    05-13-12 10:27 AM
    Try CTRL lglg at least 3 times a week.
    05-13-12 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD