Hey Guys,

so I bought a brand New BB Bold 9900 yesterday, and on the first day I downloaded some apps namely Whatsapp and "Plumber". This all worked fine, I plugged the phone into the PC via USB and downloaded from Blackberry App World, it synced perfectly to my phone. Today I was also able to download Google Maps without a problem.

I now wanted to add more Apps to my phone such as SimCity and The Sims3

but I get the following message:

Sync Issue
    There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again

My Phone is plugged into the computer, Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes it but I can't download ANYTHING...could you help me please!

Cheers,

Mmauification.

PS:

I tried to "Remove the IT Policy" (though I don't even know if I have it...) according to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...y-file-217892/

it did not seem to work, the PC said it could not restore factory settings (maybe because the phone was charging on the PC? The battery was dead), and then the phone rebooted with a strange white screen that had an "X" on it, then it started up...Whatsapp and all the other apps were all still there, the only thing that changed was that my email accounts were no longer synced and all the folders I created to sort everything in to were gone....I have since reverted the phone back to how it was before as I backed it up before I tried this.
    Last edited by mmauification; 11-30-11 at 12:33 PM.
    11-30-11 12:29 PM
    noone else having this problem : ( ??

It is really frustrating me at the moment...
    11-30-11 01:59 PM
    Same here.

But I think is a AppWorld issue and not a device issue, because I have connected many times in lasts weeks and I can't only today.
    11-30-11 02:01 PM
    ah ok, cheers.

Was stressing me out :P

I tend to have bad luck with tech things, everything I purchase seems to have some sort of flaw so I thought this was my curse returning to haunt me.
    11-30-11 02:03 PM
    Hmm...So, I tried again, got the following error:

App World Web Plugin Error
    An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again.

Now I try again and it just doesnt find my device (although the BB Deskstop Software does)

So, I assume it is the AppWorld Server :S ?

Back to this again:

Sync Issue
    There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again.
    Last edited by mmauification; 11-30-11 at 03:48 PM.
    11-30-11 02:17 PM
    I use Mozilla Firefox and I didn't remember when the problem started it offered me an update.

Today I have update Firefox, so the blackberry sync plug-in has been updated too, and it works again.

I home it will help you. Try to update your web browser and the sync plug-in.
    12-04-11 05:56 AM
    Sorry to sound dumb but why are you going to app world on your computer and plugging you phone into the computer to install apps? I realize there is more then likely a reason some might do this but why not just go to app world on your phone?
    12-04-11 06:11 AM
    Sorry to sound dumb but why are you going to app world on your computer and plugging you phone into the computer to install apps? I realize there is more then likely a reason some might do this but why not just go to app world on your phone?
    PRECISELY. Sometimes, what i also do when I'm too lazy to search for apps on my phone, I look for apps on the computer - bigger screen, with the convenience of computer keyboard and mouse - and when i find something i like, i just scan the bar code...
    12-04-11 07:50 AM
    Use IE. Close any tabs with BB. Unplug phone plug phone. Open IE open BB World. It should work. Word of advise, if using a pc, just browse the app world, when wanting to download use the scanner and scan the barcode and download directly from your phone.

Take care
    05-11-12 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD