Hello,

how can i set some key to password lock my phone? 'a' key locks it, and i would like 'l' to password lock it...
    01-12-13 09:12 AM
    by default the letter 'k' locks the phone
    01-12-13 09:36 AM
    it does not work... when I hold it it I get message "assign a speed dial to the k key?"
    01-12-13 09:37 AM
    You don't hold it, you press it once. If you have the search function eneabled from the home screen you won't be able to do this. You need to turn on application shortcuts.
    01-12-13 10:41 AM
    yes i have enabled the search function from the home screen. I must admit that i don't get it. Holding 'a' button locks my phone. So what should I do to have 'k' button do the same but with password lock?
    01-12-13 10:55 AM
    after you lock your phone your password lock will enable after a set time period. all of this can be found in options.
    01-12-13 12:32 PM
    yes i have enabled the search function from the home screen. I must admit that i don't get it. Holding 'a' button locks my phone. So what should I do to have 'k' button do the same but with password lock?
    Like I already said, you need to turn off the search and turn on the app shortcuts. If you don't do that then you can't use K as a shortcut.
    01-12-13 02:37 PM
    yes but i want instant password lock, not after period of time. And no, i don't want to disable search. I just didn't want to sacrifice my convenience key... i guess that i must do it...
    01-12-13 02:59 PM
    I never understood the problem with turning off search from home screen. It's one extra button press and you're searching anyway. Plus I find it easier to launch apps with shortcuts rather than look for the icon of the app I want.
    Ecm, calles and Deanig_12 like this.
    01-12-13 09:29 PM
    yes but i want instant password lock, not after period of time. And no, i don't want to disable search. I just didn't want to sacrifice my convenience key... i guess that i must do it...
    This MAY help. I use Alt+Enter to instant Password Lock my device.
    If you want to use this as an option for Quick Password Lock, make sure:

- Of course, the password needs to be enabled.
    - Shortcut for Input Language Selection needs to be changed to either Shift+Space or disabled completely (matters for those who use multiple language inputs).

Also, please note - Alt+Enter will NOT work if your Notification / Universal Search bar is selected. So, scroll away from that on the Home Screen (anywhere else is just fine) and hit Alt+Enter.
    ruzpuz likes this.
    01-12-13 09:58 PM
    try settings, which says lock device after xx min. or set it holster insert lock...
    01-13-13 12:09 AM
    This MAY help. I use Alt+Enter to instant Password Lock my device.
    If you want to use this as an option for Quick Password Lock, make sure:

- Of course, the password needs to be enabled.
    - Shortcut for Input Language Selection needs to be changed to either Shift+Space or disabled completely (matters for those who use multiple language inputs).

Also, please note - Alt+Enter will NOT work if your Notification / Universal Search bar is selected. So, scroll away from that on the Home Screen (anywhere else is just fine) and hit Alt+Enter.
    Thank you sir! that is a life saver! I'm putinng my phone in and out of holster a lot and i don't want it to lock every time. If inactive for 20 minutes it will lock, but sometimes i just want it instantly locked, and this is the right solution...

I never understood the problem with turning off search from home screen. It's one extra button press and you're searching anyway. Plus I find it easier to launch apps with shortcuts rather than look for the icon of the app I want.
    oh well i'm used to instant searching, i'm searching for contacts, apps almost everything all the time. It is a convenient thing to have, and i like it...
    01-13-13 01:32 PM
    Thank you sir! that is a life saver! I'm putinng my phone in and out of holster a lot and i don't want it to lock every time. If inactive for 20 minutes it will lock, but sometimes i just want it instantly locked, and this is the right solution...
    Happy to help.

oh well i'm used to instant searching, i'm searching for contacts, apps almost everything all the time. It is a convenient thing to have, and i like it...
    Same here. In addition to searching for mails / contacts / option etc I even Google up stuff on the handset using the Universal Search (type in the search term and then tap on the Browser Icon with the Google caption). Super convenient, especially when I want to Google definitions and convert currencies.

For definitions: I simply type Define: <term> and tap on the browser icon with Google caption displayed in the Universal Search results.
    For Currency Conversions: I simply type (for example) - 200 USD in KWD and tap on the browser icon with Google caption displayed in the Universal Search results.

Why bother with a separate Currency Converter or a Dictionary app
    01-14-13 02:56 AM