Just curious if any of you are using the password lock to lock your BB and how many minutes did you set it to and why? 1min,2min,5min etc..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-12 06:31 PM
    Just curious if any of you are using the password lock to lock your BB and how many minutes did you set it to and why? 1min,2min,5min etc..

I set mine for 60 minutes. I also have patternlock set to lock when I holster my 9930.
    01-05-12 06:33 PM
    I have mine set to 5 MN.
    01-05-12 06:35 PM
    If I'm going out using public transport etc I lock upon holstering. Be safe than sorry.
    01-05-12 06:53 PM
    the IT department have itset to lock after10 mins, I can't adjust.
    01-05-12 06:58 PM
    Mine locks after 30mns. Talk about piece of mind...

01-05-12 09:04 PM
    cool, 1st time one of my threads made it on front page of CB "from the forums" haha I was gonna make a poll but i dont know how, and was feeling lazy :/ I had mines set to 1min just in case my phone got stolen or lost but Sometimes i get annoyed when having to keep typing my password in when I constantly use my phone. So now i just set it to 5mins or 10mins, seems about right.
    01-05-12 09:37 PM
    I've tried using different settings, 5, 10 and now 30 minutes. I'm thinking of moving it to 60 minutes and lock upon holstering.
    01-05-12 10:04 PM
    Always password lock with data wipe! My wife figured this out the hard way with her last android when she walked away from it in a store for no more than 5 min. I sent the signal out to wipe it within half an hour, but the [insert nasty name] had already pulled the SIM :angry: She spent a lot of time changing info and watching her accounts, aside from paying for a new phone on top of that!

With my previous Berry's I would set it to lock after 15 min and wipe after 5 attempts. I figure that's enough time for me to complete a quick communication exchange where I wouldn't want to have to put my password in every time. My iPhone has a similar setup, though I can't set the password attempt limit to anything other than 10, with data wipe enabled.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    01-05-12 11:27 PM
    I have my 9650 (non-camera model) set to lock after one hour. I experimented with shorter settings (1,2,5, & 20 minutes), and though they offer way more peace of mind, I went back to one hour because I got tired of entering my password (it's 21 characters long) especially while traveling by automobile. My BlackBerry is on my person most of the time, and when I set it down I just press the left convenience key to lock it.
    01-05-12 11:38 PM
    I've tried using different settings, 5, 10 and now 30 minutes. I'm thinking of moving it to 60 minutes and lock upon holstering.
    I like lock upon holstering. As you may see in my previous post in this thread I have 2 ways I lock.
    01-05-12 11:57 PM
    I'm using Patternlock only. Because one of my friend lost everything in his phone (wiped) after the 5 wrong attempts of his GF.
    I dont want to get my berry wiped because of a friends joke.

PatternLock does the job, it wont let anyone in and it wont wipe my phone etc.

good luck with native password lock.
    01-06-12 04:03 AM
    I had mine set to 10 minutes, but I noticed a problem:

If I am using the voice recorder, when the lock is activated, the voice recording stops...

Is there any way to allow the recording to continue?
    01-06-12 04:49 AM
    the IT department have itset to lock after 15 mins, I can't adjust. And it's going on when holstering
    01-06-12 09:02 AM
    If you are a BES user and tired of entering the password. Use a software called deUnblock by OdEve. It can enter your password with only a tocuh of convenience key.
    good luck.
    01-06-12 09:18 AM
    Ohhh really do we have a password lock on the device .....Soooooo not using it!
    01-06-12 09:21 AM
    Ive got password lock set for one hour and since i keep it in my pocket i frequently use the top screen lock button.
    no one else has mentioned it but i have device and media card encryption disabled. contacts encryption was too annoying when receiving a call and media encryption left me with a bunch of .rem files....
    01-06-12 06:59 PM
    does anyone know how to disable the "update password" feature? i want to keep my same password instead of having to update it after the time frame.
    02-21-12 10:55 PM
    If you are a BES user and tired of entering the password. Use a software called deUnblock by OdEve. It can enter your password with only a tocuh of convenience key.
    good luck.
    Not what I'd call secure - and defeats the purpose entirely...
    02-22-12 06:11 AM
    does anyone know how to disable the "update password" feature? i want to keep my same password instead of having to update it after the time frame.
    You're on a BES, you can't. That can only be done by the BES admin.
    02-22-12 06:13 AM
    I do one hour, just in case I misplace it there is a good chance it'll be locked if someone else finds it. I also put my email on the lock screen so that will give them a clue how to find me.
    02-23-12 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD