Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BGK
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Panel Problems Bold 9930 Please Help

I am very much enjoying my new Bold 9930 from Verizon. However there is one little problem. About once every other day my panels lock up. Here is a better explanation:

Instead of having all different panels "favorites, downloads etc." I like to lock all of my panels, and only use the "All Panel". My top row of icons in the panel is BBM SMS CONTACTS INTERNET MUSIC MESSAGES. Randomly this main "bar" off 6 icons grows and becomes 12 icons in 2 rows without me pressing anything. Now every time i go to the home screen i see two rows instead of just my main row. I have to reset my settings every time this happens.

is this happening to anyone or any help?
    CrackBerry Abuser

This may or may not lend insight...

When I had my 9650 I had it deliberately set to show two rows on icons on teh home screen. It was a choice that existed in the setting in OS 6.

When I got my 9930 with OS 7 there was no such setting that I could find, and yet it changed from the factory setting of one row of icons to my previous custom setting of two rows of icons after I had set up my BES and it had completed downloading all of my "previous" custom settings from the server.

I can't even find a way to set it back to one row. I have no idea of such a setting even exists in OS 7 -- or with the default theme.

For me, it doesn't matter. Two rows is what I wanted.
    CrackBerry Abuser

On the home page press the blackberry button and go to manage panel... From there you can set witch panel you want show or not... Hope that helps you guys...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by big samm View Post
    On the home page press the blackberry button and go to manage panel... From there you can set witch panel you want show or not... Hope that helps you guys...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Actually, that's not the issue. At least not in my case.

Manage Panels just lets you disable Favorites, Meda, etc. Which is what I did. I only have the All panel active. (BTW, this is a great new addition to OS7 in my opinion. I used to hate scrolling past the left-most and right-most icons on my screen to a totaly different panel I didn't want to be dealing with.)

The issue we're discussing, or at least that I was, is that on the All panel it can show one row of icons or it can show two rows of icons. We don't see a way to control which it is, though. In OS6, you could.
  5. BGK
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classact View Post
    This may or may not lend insight...

I can't even find a way to set it back to one row. I have no idea of such a setting even exists in OS 7 -- or with the default theme.

For me, it doesn't matter. Two rows is what I wanted.
    Not sure if this is what you're asking but if you just position your finger over the blue bar above the rows or trays and slide it down until you have just the rows you want - you can make it 0 rows, 1, 2 or 3. Hope this helps you.
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    Thanked by 2:
    TeaBoy (12-19-2012),  world saviour (05-11-2012) 
    Jaguarr40 and TeaBoy like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BGK View Post
    Not sure if this is what you're asking but if you just position your finger over the blue bar above the rows or trays and slide it down until you have just the rows you want - you can make it 0 rows, 1, 2 or 3. Hope this helps you.
    Well, that was easy! And, yes, it works for me and does answer my question.

I guess now the only question is if it works for the OP and if it will remeber it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

It will. I use only one row of icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. BGK
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classact View Post
    Well, that was easy! And, yes, it works for me and does answer my question.

I guess now the only question is if it works for the OP and if it will remeber it.
    Oh that's a good question - alright, I shut my phone off/back on and it remember that I had only 1 row of icons set up so then I pulled my battery and it remembered again
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    CrackBerry User

I have been frustrated by this also! I believe that I "reset" the number of rows by inadvertently stroking the touchscreen when I was using the touchpad. This tip should be included in a summary....thanks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thanks a million! I was on the phone with RIM for 2 hours last night, and was about to take my 9930 in for a replacement. CrackBerry heads came through again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,588 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

You can also go to Options>>Accessibility>>Home Screen Grid Layout. From there you have the options to have it set to Default....1 Column...2 Columns...3 Columns...4 Columns. Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.
    Treat the Earth and all that dwell therein with respect
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow I love the crackberry community. I had this same issue. Though I feel like an *** since I couldn't figure it out on my own, I am very happy I was able to find what I needed here. Keep up the good work and special thanks to you BGK
    CrackBerry Abuser

Also, once you have it defaulting to the number of rows you want by sliding the title bar up or down with your finger as desired, then any time you like you can scroll onto the title bar and hit the Enter (trackpad), or just tap on the title bar, and it will temporarily expand to the max of three rows while also allowing you to then scroll down to all your icons, yet the default you had set while moving the title bar with your finger will not be affected.
    CrackBerry Newbie

You ROCK! lol I can't believe I couldn't figure that out either... there were days it went from one or two rows to zero & it drove me crazy. Thank you!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Is there a way to completely lock the trays?
    Last edited by Gucci33; 06-12-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    HATE THE tiny TEXT ON 0S 6 BOLD 9700
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

Not sure what you mean by "lock", but you can remove them completely if you want. From the home screen, hit Menu>Manage Panels. Uncheck the ones you don't want. I only use All and Media.
    Member# 4563
    Be a CrackBerry Commando!
    SEARCH AND ENJOY! LMGTFY
    Forum Rules and Policies - Posting Guidelines
    :: BlackBerry FAQ
    ALT + left cap = NUMLOCK : ALT + right cap = CAPSLOCK
    Follow me on Twitter. I triple-dog-dare ya!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

I don't want any trays at all. Thanks!
    HATE THE tiny TEXT ON 0S 6 BOLD 9700
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

Welcome!
    Member# 4563
    Be a CrackBerry Commando!
    SEARCH AND ENJOY! LMGTFY
    Forum Rules and Policies - Posting Guidelines
    :: BlackBerry FAQ
    ALT + left cap = NUMLOCK : ALT + right cap = CAPSLOCK
    Follow me on Twitter. I triple-dog-dare ya!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default red light

my blackberry 9930 is coming up with red light and we restore back,what can i do?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks learned something new lol, i been wondering how to do that for a while sometimes its 2 row,1 row or 0 row. even when i didn't set it. so i thought it was a issue with my phone itself since it changed like every 3 month lol.
    Use Rep Code : N4E1 to save 20% off first time buyer.
    Code works with both site