So overall how satisfied is everyone with their new Bold?

I just picked one up from Tmobile and for the most part it's a great device. It has some downfalls and QC issues but overall? Like a lot of users I have an iPhone 4 and the build quality is outstanding, so it's hard not to judge.

There is something about a BB that keeps me coming back, they do what they do great! RIM seems to always cut corners on the last few QC details that would make a huge difference in the overall quality of their devices.

Overall great device; my biggest gripe so far would be the feel of the menus keys plastic edge against the screen. Why couldn't they have incorporated this into the screen as one piece of glass/plastic? Just one of those little details for an overall finished feel.

In the end we are willing to put up with some of the downfalls because the BlackBerry focuses on what we need to get done on our devices very well.
    10-31-11 12:01 AM
    Like you I'm happy with what the device does but loathe the build quality. The call-end panel not being flush, twisted trackpad and lavendar colored pad take away from an otherwise great device. When you see the quality of the iphone and SG 2 it is maddening for a device in the same price range. However this device is a messaging beast so if that is what you're looking for it can't be beat IMO.
    10-31-11 01:19 AM
    newp not in the least... had 6 device now and all have been different housing issues.

I have 2 9900 in front of me now and god knows how many replacements... one has a raised menu panel, another the keys feel completely different like a cheap plastic and the bezel is crooked AND one has a bright white/blue display and the other seems to have a softer almost yellow display (which I can't figure out with looks better lol).

basically RIM let quality go down the ****er.

oh and both have horrible connectivity and reception (all the replaced ones had at least strong reception)
    10-31-11 01:19 AM
    I'm incredibly happy with mine. Its a beautiful piece of technology and I can't seem to take my eyes off of it. Love every thing about this phone. The camera, the touch screen, the look... And, of course, the keyboard. Can't pry myself away from it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-31-11 01:45 AM
    no!. nice piese of work with a crappy battery. useless!
    10-31-11 02:01 AM
    mmm... juz ok :|
    10-31-11 02:13 AM
    no!. nice piese of work with a crappy battery. useless!
    There is one small batch of bad batteries. Get a new one and set it up correctly.

I am in love with the 9930 completely. I love its perfections and its imperfections

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 02:59 AM
    There is one small batch of bad batteries. Get a new one and set it up correctly.

I am in love with the 9930 completely. I love its perfections and its imperfections

I don't believe in this rumour, it's just an assumption. The phone is badly engineered, and nobody can change my mind. Unless, RIM is gonna admit that, officialy.
    The new generation of batteries needs no settings. it's a hoax!
    10-31-11 03:09 AM
    LOL!!!! Don't try to show me facts, I've made up my mind!!!! allrightythen....

My battery is less than I had on my 9800 and more than I had on the 9810. I'm using my phone A LOT MORE these days than I had in the past. I'm currently parked on BBM almost the entire day with a very nice gentleman and three groups, one of which is VERY active. Running .374 and it's just humming along beautifully.

As far as the device build, mine is solid. Not sure that I would agree with having the on/off/menu buttons on the lower part of the screen, I like how they are. Built in Mexico 4. No issues at all.

As far as the overall device design, I am perfectly happy, more than I thought I would be. I thought I would return to my 9810 and actually, I haven't. I LOVE how this phone sits in my hand. I thought it would be too big because the 9000 was much too big for me, but maybe the fact that it's thinner makes it easy for me to handle.

I'm in love with this thing....as much as one can be in love with a phone!
    dodger_moore and Kekus like this.
    10-31-11 03:35 AM
    To be honest, I really haven't had many issues at all with the phone. I upgraded from the Torch and wrestled for weeks with whether or not I should finally make the switch to the iPhone as most of my colleagues have. In the end, I realized that the most important things to me were email efficiency and typing speed and for that, I have never had a better phone than the 9900. The improved keyboard is simply flawless in my opinion and I can type faster than I ever have before.

The battery I had on my Torch was terrible. I tried everything with it including upgrading the OS on the phone itself, new chargers, new batteries and even with light to moderate use, I would barely get 6-7 solid hours out of it. That's what prompted me to change phones and this one is a significant improvement. We will see if it lasts.
    10-31-11 03:42 AM
    I like my 9900 a lot. The battery could be better, but I use a MacBook Pro for my home computer, and have never bothered to put Windows on it - SO I can't install any leaks on it. I'll try that next.
    10-31-11 03:52 AM
    100% happy!

10-31-11 04:16 AM
    Wow that's bad luck guys. I've had mine for a week, and I have had 0 issues with the build quality. Mine is from Vodafone (Spain) and maybe just maybe the euro division has different QC or something because I got mine and it's fantastic, and my roommate just got his and it's in perfect condition as well. No flaws.

I am happy with the device. I'm sad about the battery being smaller. The buttons I often find doing a soft tap as if they were capacitive as well, but then I remember they're mechanical (which is fine). hehe.
    10-31-11 04:44 AM
    This is the foan Steve Jobs feared most.

It could destroy Apple if it wanted too.
    10-31-11 04:44 AM
    For the most part, yes. Design wise it is great. Feels nice and high end. But battery life could definitely be better and OS7 needs to die.
    10-31-11 05:30 AM
    No complaints... Very satisfied. This phone should have been released a year ago.

10-31-11 05:44 AM
    Superb phone. Build quality is perfect. Battery life is manageable and improves greatly after a couple of weeks.
    Most of the apps that I have bought are total crap though. Better to keep the Bold as standard as possible.
    10-31-11 06:33 AM
    Plus points: Good build, good screen, feels nice, looks nice, sounds good.

Bad points: Memory loss is shocking (172mb down to 28mb in three days), laggy, freezes, hourglass, no apps, touchscreen is jittery.

Overall I am not satisfied with this phone. Installed the latest OS and it's as bad as it ever was. Pretty sure if there was decent keyboard on another platform I'd be there by now...
    10-31-11 06:46 AM
    Exactly..... when android introduces a solid phone with keyboard, I'll most likely be there.

At the moment, I can think of nothing that suits me better than a BB.

Androids suffer from bad signal reception (which is the biggest problem a phone can have) and terrible battery life. Of course, the slab glass design ends it for me, too.

Even if BB had to make the phone twice as thick to get it right (big battery, fast hardware, great camera) I would be a gleeful BB owner.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    10-31-11 06:53 AM
    After two whole days my wife and I love our new 9900's (a big step up from the 9000).

Butterfingers here managed to drop his on day one...thank goodness I was "rocking" an Otterbox Commuter case from the start...there could have been real tears as I had waited 30 days for the 9900 to arrive. Not a scratch and it fell on a hard stone floor.
    l14nms likes this.
    10-31-11 07:36 AM
    won't go into any detail, but yes I am extremly satisfied=)
    10-31-11 07:57 AM
    Two months with mine now from vzw. Great battery, solid build and no issues. Had some hiccups upgrading the Os to .374. But did it all without a pc. Does everything I love about BB, 10x better. I am at 230mb at fresh boot. As far as I have seen it will not drop past 220mb after 2 days. I have deleted lamguages, pdf's that existed after install. Couldn't be more satisfied. This is what a the true Blackberry experience is all about.

10-31-11 08:01 AM
    Two months with mine now from vzw. Great battery, solid build and no issues. Had some hiccups upgrading the Os to .374. But did it all without a pc. Does everything I love about BB, 10x better. I am at 230mb at fresh boot. As far as I have seen it will not drop past 220mb after 2 days. I have deleted lamguages, pdf's that existed after install. Couldn't be more satisfied. This is what a the true Blackberry experience is all about.

Very satisfied with my month old vz 9930.made in canada no build issues.no problems at all .love it.upgraded from att 9700.

10-31-11 08:49 AM
    i have been a apple fan boy for a long time while in college and right out. with my job now, i need my emails fast and easy. having to manually check my emails and then wait forever for them to load since it loads the pictures and the data, was driving me insane. ive played around with the 9000 when it first hit the scene but at the time i needed a play phone. now, the bold 9900 and playbook is what i use. we have a ipad at home and my wife and daughter love it and rightfully so, its a much better tablet with the apps and gamed. but for me, the bold and playbook keep me organized and my prodictivity is much better.
    10-31-11 09:01 AM
    Disappointed in Battery Life but to get the form factor they wanted it was probably necessary.

Love the responsiveness of the touchscreen. Love the keyboard.

Overall I'm happy.
    10-31-11 09:08 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD