BB Gurus,

I'm unable to place outgoing nor incoming voice calls. Other functionalities (surf web, text, emails..etc) are still operational. I've upgraded the OS a few weeks ago with no probs until today !!!

Seeking your assistance on finding out the issue and resolution for this.

model: BB Bold 9930
    carrier: Verizon

Thanks in advance!
    01-27-12 04:40 PM
    I have the same issue. A call will come in and when I try to answer it I am unable to. Pulling the battery fixes the problem. However, the problem resurfaces again. It happens every day. I'm thinking of taking the phone to verizonwireless but I'm not sure they will help.
    01-27-12 10:16 PM
    BB Gurus,

I'm unable to place outgoing nor incoming voice calls. Other functionalities (surf web, text, emails..etc) are still operational. I've upgraded the OS a few weeks ago with no probs until today !!!

Seeking your assistance on finding out the issue and resolution for this.

model: BB Bold 9930
    carrier: Verizon

Thanks in advance!
    This sounds like an account (phone) permissions problem. You don't actually say what you observe/hear when it fails but a lockout is the most likely cause after network problems when data works but voice fails. Starting with the things you can try without moving from home

(a) Battery pull/restart
    (b) Check your billing status - no overdue? Not hitting a massive excess of voice usage above your package minutes?
    (c) Try to take the phone some distance away from where it has failed - be sure you have moved to another tower (eliminate local tower glitch)
    (d) If your account is clear, take the offending phone to your nearest Vz store and have them see the problem.
    01-28-12 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD