Dear Otter Box,

If you are reading this, please prepare to have your protective cases ready as soon as you can upon release of the Bold Touch. I'm sure most of us would certainly agree. Thank you.
    03-19-11 08:58 PM
    Dear Otterbox,
    What that guy/gal said ^^
    PS: you think you guys can make a Defender case where the rubber doesn't stretch out and look all sloppy after only a month? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 11:59 AM
    X3. Will need a case right away since i am already standing in line for this phone and all.....
    03-21-11 09:04 AM
    agree with that, and screen protectors...

one thing i make sure of is to have all my cases, holsters and screen protectors before i have my new device... that way, the second i have it from the store, i pull it out of the box and away i go...

and ditto on the rubber stretching after a month or so... maybe make the rubber a bit more stiff and that should resolve that issue and help with protection as well
    03-22-11 07:41 PM
    I also agree. We need this on launch date. I too is patiently and impatiently waiting for this device to be released and would like to have it protected.

But after having to spend so much $ on the case, like C_86 said, it is bothersome that after about a month the rubber stretches...
    03-23-11 09:10 AM
    i agree, but otterbox should make a case with the same texture and same rubber as the iPhone 4 defender case along with a holster.
    Not as flimsy rubber, a privacy screen protector (for those occasional occasions when your in public...you know what i mean guys HAHA)
    I like how the rubber is tacky on the iPhone so it wont slide around on dashs etc. or even put tacky rubber strips on the back side of the phone, something along that line.

MAKE SOMETHING GOOD
    04-09-11 11:32 AM
    I'm definitely looking to get the Defender Series case for the 9930 when it comes out. Question is, when will this case come out? I've never owned an Otterbox before so I'm not sure how long it takes them to release the case after the phone is out. Anyone who has one on their current phone -- how long did it take for it to come out after you bought your phone? I don't really want to be caseless for an extended period of time, but I also don't want to spend money to buy a case for a week and then have to spend the $50 for the Defender Series case.
    05-09-11 10:21 PM
    Make the inner case with 2 piece harder rubber as it will be covered by the outer plastic layer anyway. This way, the inner rubber does not have to be stretched to fit the device.
    05-09-11 11:40 PM
    i just hope they make a commuter case as good as the one they had for the 9700/9780.
    05-10-11 02:06 AM
    I never saw the value of paying $30 for a case as opposed to $5. They both worked out the same for me.
    05-10-11 05:37 AM
    Going naked with my 9930. Way too sexy of a phone to ugly up. Don't drop my phones anyways.
    05-10-11 08:02 AM
    So does anyone have this case for the 9900?

Mine is coming in the mail and I currently love my defender case on my 9700. Thing is I have the option of getting one for cheap but it does not have a screen protector.

I want the screen protector. So how is otterbox's protector?? Would you recommend any other screen protector out there instead?

Thanks!
    09-14-11 12:06 PM
    So does anyone have this case for the 9900?

Mine is coming in the mail and I currently love my defender case on my 9700. Thing is I have the option of getting one for cheap but it does not have a screen protector.

I want the screen protector. So how is otterbox's protector?? Would you recommend any other screen protector out there instead?

Thanks!
    Which Otterbox Case, they have 3 for the 9900/9930; Defender, Impact, and Commuter? I have the Commuter series for my 9930 and it is perfect for me. I'm not an abuser of my phones so I don't need to defender series. The Commuter offers great protection without adding a lot of bulk to the 9930's sleek design. Also, I picked up 3 EMPIRE screen protectors from Amazon that fit perfectly and look pretty good for $6.
    Last edited by ZMc1834; 09-14-11 at 12:17 PM.
    09-14-11 12:13 PM
    Sorry! I should have mentioned, probably looking at the defender case again for the 9900.I like its bulkyness (which is odd, but I want my phone protected! ive dropped it a few times) and also the belt holster clip thing is pretty nice for when all dressed up in my work attire..

Honestly though I could probably go for a commuter, itd be nice though to test them out in real life. otherwise id probably stick with the defender

thanks for the tip on the empire screen protectors too.
    09-14-11 12:34 PM
    Commuter case is the best case I've seen on a phone. They knocked it out of the park on this case IMO.
    09-14-11 01:03 PM
    I got the commuter case and I love it. Even with the case on the 9900 is slimmer than the 9780 w/ otterbox commuter. Only complaints are that the case is a huge PITA to take off, i actually cringe at the thought of having to take the case off for a battery pull, and my screen protector did not stick well in one corner. i contacted otterbox and they are sending me replacement screen protectors.
    09-14-11 01:22 PM
    I got the commuter case and I love it. Even with the case on the 9900 is slimmer than the 9780 w/ otterbox commuter. Only complaints are that the case is a huge PITA to take off, i actually cringe at the thought of having to take the case off for a battery pull, and my screen protector did not stick well in one corner. i contacted otterbox and they are sending me replacement screen protectors.
    Why don't you use the key short-cut to reset the device instead of pulling the battery, it would save you from taking the case off? To reset the device, press ALT+SHIFT(right side)+DELETE and hold until the phone turns off and the LED will turn red while it resets.
    anubis20 and austriker like this.
    09-14-11 01:40 PM
    Off-topic: I got an extra Otterbox Commuter case that I no longer use for my Bold Touch. I can sell it for $15 buck with shipping included. PM me
    09-14-11 01:57 PM
    Why don't you use the key short-cut to reset the device instead of pulling the battery, it would save you from taking the case off? To reset the device, press ALT+SHIFT(right side)+DELETE and hold until the phone turns off and the LED will turn red while it resets.
    Thanks!!! I did not know that! Will be using that from now on...
    09-14-11 02:36 PM
    Really?? Is that true, because the only flaw I find on the defender is it takes like 10 minutes to take off the case which isnt a problem except for the battery pure cure for mem leaks.
    09-14-11 03:40 PM
    Does this actually work just like a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 04:01 PM
    Yes. The shortcut does work as a full-battery pull. I have the Commuter for my 9900, and it's been great. I haven't taken it off once since I first opened the box at the store and stuffed the phone in it. Well, there have been a couple times where I showed off the sleekness of the naked device. Other than that, I still have the original screen protector sticker that came with the unit. I'm still waiting on that package from bestskinsever. The protector that came with the Otterbox was good, except I had to exchange the unit I had that sticker on. It's also quite prone to getting scratched over time, compared to a wet skin.
    09-14-11 04:18 PM
    Ive had the Otterbox Impact for a while now, no sign of stretching or loosening at all. It was the difference between 6 dollars for the Impact and 32 dollars for the Commuter. I took a chance on the Impact and I like it.
    09-14-11 06:41 PM
    Really?? Is that true, because the only flaw I find on the defender is it takes like 10 minutes to take off the case which isnt a problem except for the battery pure cure for mem leaks.
    Yes, this is true and it will act just the same as a battery pull. I picked it up from a CB tip a while back when I still had my Curve 8330 and have been using it ever since. So, I am glad I could pass on the shortcut for more people to benefit from.
    austriker likes this.
    09-15-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD