My phone has been messing up, so I took it to AT&T and they told me to use the CD to update the phone before calling the warranty number. But I don't think I got a CD, and normally I misplace things, but when I saw my dad (who has the same phone as me) doesn't have a cd in his box either, I began to fret. Is there another way to update it? Thanks yall
    06-16-12 10:42 PM
    Use the search button on this forum and you will see thousands of threads about how to update
    06-16-12 11:00 PM
    wow wow wow ... cd hasnt been used in AGES... go on ur computer google 'blackberry desktop manager' and install it. Then open desktop manager on ur computer and then plug in ur phone via usb... and check for updates.. that will fix it.
    Goodirections56 likes this.
    06-16-12 11:00 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-1...ting-system-os has pretty simple and clear instructions.
    Goodirections56 likes this.
    06-17-12 05:39 AM
    look in your box... little white paper explaining how to update
    06-17-12 08:36 AM
    I always use the online download directly from BlackBerry website. Never used the CD and it also ensure that you get the most recent version of the DM.
    06-17-12 11:02 AM
    Are you serious, the CD would only update it you gotta download the OS from Blackberry site and install it to your PC or install Desktop Manager and see if theres any upgrades then upgrade it
    simple as that
    06-18-12 01:03 PM
    it comes with a CD ? ? ? hehehehehehe
    as was said before the safest way to do it is Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com, go to the bottom of the page and you will see " blackberry desktop manager" download that connect your phone to the computer and it will do everything by it self.
    06-18-12 02:27 PM
    cd only installs the bb desktop. apparently AT&T stopped putting in that starting with the 9900 because it came with my 9700
    06-18-12 03:39 PM
    And i didnt get any CD ROM with my phone tho...I guess those aren't needed i mean if you gonna have a PC you would have the internet why not download the latest always?
    06-18-12 03:53 PM
    How do you get a cd into a bb?
    06-18-12 09:32 PM
    Just use the BB site to d/l. It's easy.
    06-18-12 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD