OS update soon?
hi can anyone tell me if there will be a update soon for my bb9900 im currently running 7.1 bundle 2061 (v18.104.22.1684 everytime i connect my bb to desktop is says its up to date :/ been having 1 or 2 issues with is like notification cumin through to my phone with no sound and my fb messages cuming threw without a notification n other kinda stuff help would be much appreciated thanks.sorry for miss spelling
Thankyou for your time from dean
- 12-26-2012, 04:11 PM #2
You can install a later build from any carrier, download the latest from the threads for your phone, run vendelete to get rid of the vendor files, then connect you phone and the build should show available. Make sure to back up you phone first.
- 12-26-2012, 04:20 PM #4
A backup is a copy of the contents of your phone, you do that so that if you have problems with upgrade, then you can restore from the backup (copy of what you have now) so you don't lose anything.
A guide on how to upgrade is here
How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
- CrackBerry Addict
12-27-2012, 07:51 PM #8
- 841 Posts
If you're new to OS Upgrades / Downgrades, then you can follow the instruction listed here: Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure
You need to go to Apploader folder on your computer to delete the vendor.xml file if you're installing an OS from a different vendor.
Let us know if you require more assistance.Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
- By louisiii in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 5Last Post: 04-26-2010, 12:32 AM
- By blackbmw84 in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
- By gkviper192 in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 37Last Post: 04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
- By mixercub in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 4Last Post: 04-16-2009, 02:10 AM
- By piper975 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 6Last Post: 03-12-2009, 06:43 PM