i jst wanted to ask if there is going to be a software update coming out for bold 9900. Plz let me know soon
    03-15-13 12:53 PM
    Yes, from AT&T:

Applications: 7.1.0.862
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.622
    File name: 9900M_PBr7.1.0_rel2435_PL5.1.0.622_A7.1.0.862_AT_T .exe
    File size: 241.46MB

In this thread....

03-15-13 01:27 PM
    Yes, from AT&T:

Applications: 7.1.0.862
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.622
    File name: 9900M_PBr7.1.0_rel2435_PL5.1.0.622_A7.1.0.862_AT_T .exe
    File size: 241.46MB

In this thread....

And it is junk. Stick with .861
    03-16-13 05:24 AM
    Does someone know how to keep my BB9900 from freezing. It has been consistent in freezing up on a daily basis or I cant hear the party on the other end of the line. I've owned 3 previous models and never had this problem. I have come to the conclusion that the 9900 is the worse piece of trash I have ever owned. This is a replacement of another 9900 which did the same thing. My carrier is T-mobile and they are aware of the issue and have no fix for it other than replacing it with the same exact phone. Which I have already done once. My other option was them tying me up another 2 years with a discount or upgrade offer which was ridiculous because I could have the same phone MUCH cheaper if I started from scratch. Wish there was a lemon law for phones since T-mobile doesn't have a fix for it and I obtained it from them and not RIM. I'm honestly thinking of switching over to the Galaxy III because of this and skipping the Z10 or Q10. I still wish to stay with a physical keyboard. But this issue is eating me alive.
    03-16-13 08:18 AM
    Does someone know how to keep my BB9900 from freezing. It has been consistent in freezing up on a daily basis or I cant hear the party on the other end of the line. I've owned 3 previous models and never had this problem. I have come to the conclusion that the 9900 is the worse piece of trash I have ever owned. This is a replacement of another 9900 which did the same thing. My carrier is T-mobile and they are aware of the issue and have no fix for it other than replacing it with the same exact phone. Which I have already done once. My other option was them tying me up another 2 years with a discount or upgrade offer which was ridiculous because I could have the same phone MUCH cheaper if I started from scratch. Wish there was a lemon law for phones since T-mobile doesn't have a fix for it and I obtained it from them and not RIM. I'm honestly thinking of switching over to the Galaxy III because of this and skipping the Z10 or Q10. I still wish to stay with a physical keyboard. But this issue is eating me alive.
    What OS are you running ?

What apps have you got installed ?

The problem could well be app related.

Best way to go may well be to wipe the device and install a fresh OS. At this stage do not install any apps and see if the phone works OK. If it does, begin to reinstall you apps from app world one by one taking time between app installs to make sure that your device is still working OK. If and when the phone starts to misbehave folowing the install of an app you should have your culprit.
    ER1nyc likes this.
    03-16-13 08:25 AM
    Thank you...will try that for now. Wish it wasn't time consuming.
    What OS are you running ?

What apps have you got installed ?

The problem could well be app related.

Best way to go may well be to wipe the device and install a fresh OS. At this stage do not install any apps and see if the phone works OK. If it does, begin to reinstall you apps from app world one by one taking time between app installs to make sure that your device is still working OK. If and when the phone starts to misbehave folowing the install of an app you should have your culprit.
    03-16-13 08:59 AM
    Also what OS you recommend & where should I download it from... T-Mobile or Blackberry? I even seen a beta that looks different on this site to the present one I have installed. All I know is that the one I have now states that my BB is up to date when I use the software update in the options command.
    03-16-13 09:03 AM
    Thank you...will try that for now. Wish it wasn't time consuming.
    Troubleshooting is a process of elimination so unfortunately it is time consuming

Link below to wiping etc which may be useful if you haven't done it before.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

Hope it works out OK for you, a properly functioning 9900 is an awesome bit of kit.
    ER1nyc likes this.
    03-16-13 09:07 AM
    I would use the latest OS availabe which is the .861 stickied at the top of this forum. Somewhere in the first couple of pages in that thread you will find an OS update guide from Elite 1 which is very useful if you are not familiar with updating your OS.

The update check from the device will only give you the latest update from your carrier rather than the latest OS BB have produced and T Mobile do not have a good reputation for pushing out the latest availabe OS to their customers.

.861 is a good solid build with few reported bugs.
    BigBadWulf and ER1nyc like this.
    03-16-13 09:09 AM
    Beautiful. Will try when I return. Thanx a million for your help. Cant recall last time I actually visited this site but it looks like it is more useful than I thought it would be. Again Thank You.
    03-16-13 09:19 AM
    Beautiful. Will try when I return. Thanx a million for your help. Cant recall last time I actually visited this site but it looks like it is more useful than I thought it would be. Again Thank You.
    No problem, if you have any more queries ask away.

You will find more knowledgeable people here on CB than at your carriers Tech Support for sure !!!
    03-16-13 09:43 AM
    I am now trying to load the os into my 9900 using BBSAK...i have a "Application Loader Wizard" window open....do I press next or wait for BBSAK?
    03-17-13 12:12 AM
    Use loader.exe (Application Loader). 861 is a good OS. Most likely as already pointed out, it's an app that's causing the issue. Load up the OS without any 3rd party apps, then once you've verified it's running fine, add 2-3 apps every couple days, till you find the offending app.
    ER1nyc likes this.
    03-17-13 12:37 AM
    Thanx a million. It didnt want to load because I had not restart the computer to load the os unto my computer. I was just scared to since I had the 512 message on my BB. everything is fine now. Thank you.
    03-17-13 02:06 AM