Hey everyone,
    One thing i always wondered about when loading an os on a phone. Currently my 9900 service is with Telus, but the hardware vendor when looking under the help menu is Bell (vendor ID : 331). So my question is would it be better to load a Telus OS or a Bell OS?

I know with BB OS releases, they have to go to vendors for certification before being released to the public. So would it affect the radio signal at all if I go with Telus os on bell's hardware?

Thanks
    12-25-12 05:55 PM
    It shouldn't make any difference which carriers OS you use.

The Radio File (.sfi) is exactly the same in any given OS of the same number released by any of the carriers who approve that particular OS.

In the Hybrid world we tend to find that one particular .sfi works better with our own carrier than another and simply swap the .sfi file to our favoured one prior to installing a new OS.

Indeed, with some releases that have both All Language and Multi Language versions one versions .sfi can be better than the other.

Eg, I am currently running a BL Hybrid OS with a .794 base from Singapore Telecom with the Radio File from Vodafone .714.

In short, it's a matter of trial an error finding a .sfi that performs to your satisfaction with your network.
    BigBadWulf and Bash_Man like this.
    12-26-12 04:22 AM
    Many thanks for the reply Legal Eagle. Useful info.

Cheers
    12-26-12 09:52 AM