with BB 10 coming has anyone heard or if you can point me in the right direction,will RIM still be supporting 9930 os7
    I have it and the iPhone been using the 9930 for three weeks now and it gets harder to put in down.
    since I'm under no pressure to make a decision within 14 days . everything comes back as how to use it. and its really is efficient
    answering a call sending an email or text its 123 done!
    12-08-12 01:22 PM
    It's been stated by RIM that BBOS devices will still be supported. For awhile even after BB10 is out.

Being that BB10 will be out in Feb, why wouldn't wait for a BB10 device instead?
    12-08-12 01:57 PM
    I would expect RIM to continue as they have with every other OS. Usually there are updates released for about two years from launch.
    12-08-12 01:58 PM
    I already have it I got it Craigslist. I would like to wait for the keyboard one anyway.
    12-08-12 02:08 PM
    its already a year old so were talking one more year? I don't know even if it matters sprint is slow with updates anyway.
    it would be nice if we could get something from the new os to keep it fresh
    12-08-12 02:12 PM
    its already a year old so were talking one more year? I don't know even if it matters sprint is slow with updates anyway.
    it would be nice if we could get something from the new os to keep it fresh
    Well, basicly you can use any firmware available for your Bold - no matter which carrier. However since you got a 9930 of course, your options are rather limited compared to the worldwide used 9900.

But back to topic: RIM stated a couple of times that OS7.x support will continue and they might even keep releasing new devices based on this plattform. These devices will most likely be entry level devices like the new Curve 9320 or 9620. As you can already see, core applications like Twitter, App World, Facebook and BBM still get regular updates. Twitter and BBM are even getting rather large ones soon, once the current builds are finished for final release. In terms of firmware releases, the 9900 roughly gets about one new release every month. The other OS7 devices maybe a bit less. As firmware versions are getting higher, some new features are being implemented too, although this still is OS7.1. These features include for example the Application Resource Monitor or the ability to set different colors for your notification LED under profiles.

Support from app developers on the other hand side won't change in a positive way, at least this is my opinion. They'll either turn away from Blackberry completely, or wait till BB10 finally arrives.
    12-08-12 05:23 PM