Hi there.
    I recently updated to the leaked OS 7.1 on my 9900. I am currently with Vodafone UK. The problem that I am facing is the calling. When I call someone or receive a call, nothing can be heard. I can play music fine out of the speaker and earpiece, but it just seems completely dead when on a call. There are no ringing tones, no number input noises, no nothing. Turning up the volume doesn't do anything, neither does switching to speakerphone. Has anyone else had this issue? If not, how would I resolve this?

Thanks ever so much.
    12-01-11 07:41 AM
    ive had 7.1 for past 12hs, all is fine till now ! did you use restore and backup through DM ? try just to restore contacts n msgs things u need, dnt transfer settings.
    12-01-11 07:43 AM
    I did, but here's exactly what happened with restoring.

I connected my phone up to DM and everything went smoothly up to where it says something like Boot -> Connecting to device (This could take up to 30 minutes). It was well over an hour that the loading bar hadn't moved up and it had been stuck on that connecting thing for the same time. I was able to enter my device password and everything. I thought that maybe the device hadn't been recognised due to a driver error. I pulled out the device and plugged it back in. Instantly after I plugged it in, it shot up to about 90% and it said it was restoring the applications. I thought, this can't be good.

Anyway, when everything had apparently been done, I realised that a lot of my applications hadn't been restored so I went about in reinstalling them from App World. I needed to login to my BlackBerry Travel account and I forgot the password. I went to Password Keeper, but it was nowhere to be seen. A Universal Search wouldn't do anything either. I panicked, thinking that I had just lost loads of valuable information so I plugged my 9900 back into DM and went to Applications. There, I saw that Email Setup was pending for installation so I added Password Keeper onto the list. Once the device had booted up, I looked at Password Keeper and it asked me to type in a new password. Luckily, I did a backup before I updated to OS 7.1 so I restored what was on that old backup file and saw that my passwords had been saved all along.

It's got me thinking, maybe the internal application for callling wasn't uploaded properly? If so, would I be able to restore it in the applications menu on DM or will I have to do a fresh reinstallation of OS 7.1?

Thanks for any insight!
    12-01-11 07:55 AM
    I think its haPpin cause of the wifi
    12-01-11 08:01 AM
    I've turned my Wi-Fi off and I still can't hear anyone while calling. I think it's definitely to do with an internal application. Hotspot for me with my notebook connected to it, my battery went down by 65% in one hour and my device was sizzling hot.
    12-01-11 08:05 AM
    Solved it. Went into the Applications list and saw that "DOD Root Certificates" wasn't installed. Installed that and I can now call perfectly. Thanks for the suggestions though!
    12-01-11 08:39 AM
    do a wipe, give it a clean install of os 7.1 and do not restore any apps just your contacts and sms/msgs bbm. all rest resintall manually from app word, give it a try.
    12-01-11 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD