Recently I loaded OS 7.1 on my Bold 9900, and I have searched through the options thorley and cannot find this option anywhere on the device.
    02-14-12 05:31 AM
    Battery Saving mode is reported to be a feature on the latest 7.1 release for the 9790
    not the .205 release for the 9900.

I am guessing we will probably see it appear on the next release that appears, leak or official. If Official ever appears
    02-14-12 06:10 AM
    This is another reason why I’m getting frustrated being a Blackberry owner. I wish they cold make a standard for all 2011 and 2012 phone, considering that the bold 9900 only came out a couple mouths before the 9790.
    02-14-12 08:00 AM
    This is another reason why I’m getting frustrated being a Blackberry owner. I wish they cold make a standard for all 2011 and 2012 phone, considering that the bold 9900 only came out a couple mouths before the 9790.

You do realize that all OS7 devices will be getting the battery save option eventually, right? You also realize that the carriers test then approve which OS builds get released on their networks, right? You also realize that leaks may or may not come out for a certain device in a timely manor, right?
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-14-12 08:09 AM
    Well if I waited for Rogers to bring the update out for my phone I'll be 90 years old by that time, RIGHT? I asked if anyone is having the same problem not people opinions, RIGHT?

I was kind of looking for this reply “ Ya man I had the same issue and fixed it by reloading the OS software on my phone”.
    ChrisFrost and ReVRiN like this.
    02-14-12 08:51 AM
    Well if I waited for Rogers to bring the update out for my phone I'll be 90 years old by that time, RIGHT? I asked if anyone is having the same problem not people opinions, RIGHT? .
    I couldn't agree more. I too am a Roger's slave err.... customer not by choice. I just upgraded to 7.1.0.205 hoping the Battery Saving option was already built in. Alas it is not but I have to admit the O/S seems to be running quite nicely and I love the Diagnostic Tools. Is that new? If not they are new to me.
    02-14-12 09:03 AM
    And the OS 7.1 leaked for the 9790 was a far higher version the .205 so the corresponding 9900 version will probably have the same options.

Its just harder to get leaks just now with all the US piracy law changes and all the files shares going walkies.

And yes, we are all having the same issues. Don't know if its RIGHT! Or WRONG! Lol
    02-14-12 09:12 AM
    Yes, the diagnostics tools are new with 7.1. And Orange UK are just as bad with updates if it makes you feel any better.
    02-14-12 09:15 AM
    Well if I waited for Rogers to bring the update out for my phone I'll be 90 years old by that time, RIGHT? I asked if anyone is having the same problem not people opinions, RIGHT?

I was kind of looking for this reply “ Ya man I had the same issue and fixed it by reloading the OS software on my phone”.

What I stated wasn't my opinion. What I stated was asking you if you understood how RIM releases OS's to the carriers, who have to approve it, and that you may or may not find leaks for the device you have that has options noted in an article, found in an OS build, that isn't released, or leaked...

You read an article that states (emphasis mine):
    Checking out the BlackBerry Experience booth at BlackBerry DevCon Europe, we were tipped onto the fact some of the devices in the room were running newer versions of OS 7.1 than we have seen. It turns out that was in fact true, and with OS 7.1.0.258 we're seeing a new feature introduced to help users get more battery life out of their BlackBerry.

Battery Saving Mode is a new feature in device options, which allows you to trigger the device into high efficiency operation at any remaining level of battery life you choose.
    In reading that, you made an assumtion that all OS7.1 builds have this, install the latest leak that came out almost a MONTH ago, dig for the option, can't find it.

I assumed you would have realized that this was an option added to later 7.1 builds. It appears I assumed wrong.

As for major carriers taking forever to release OS's, welcome to the club. AT&T is notorious for taking forever to release new OS's. Verizon normally is as well, but have been getting better as of late. Of the 4 major carriers in the US, AT&T is the ONLY one to not release an OS7.1 build that I know of.
    Last edited by MayorHaji; 02-14-12 at 10:04 AM.
    02-14-12 10:02 AM
    Two things for next time you put an post on this tread. First an four most if your referencing something for another tread show it in your text box. Don't wait for the person to come back and call you out. As for ending all of your sentences with the word right, that is completely ridicules.
    02-14-12 02:51 PM
    Sit tight... it'll come to us. I remember similar conversations with the whole hotspot thing. And you can use another carrier's OS if your carrier takes months to release one.
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-14-12 at 03:05 PM.
    02-14-12 02:55 PM
    Two things for next time you put an a post on this tread thread. First an and four most foremost if your you're referencing something for another tread thread show it in your text box. Don't wait for the person to come back and call you out. As for ending all of your sentences with the word right, that is completely ridicules ridiculous.
    5/10 must try harder
    02-14-12 03:15 PM
    Thanks Phill, for showing me all of my spelling mistakes in the last thread that I posted. Yet again I'm confronted with another know-it-all, who has nothing better to do then stick his nose into other peoples conversations.
    02-14-12 06:28 PM
    Chill out you too
    02-14-12 06:39 PM
    Just to let all of you guys know that the battery experience is depend on how you use your phone and what feature you use. I get almost same battery life I got from my old Bold 9700 from my Bold 9900. After I updated my OS with a leaked OS 7.1 I am very happy with the 3%/hr discharge rate.

The Bold 9900 is still better than my friend's Androids that drains out the battery in the middle of the day.
    02-14-12 06:44 PM
    7.1.0.258 has it on the leak for my 9810, my 9900 is a bit jealous though. It'll be here soon, can't wait!
    02-14-12 08:55 PM
    So unless I am mistaken the battery saving mode feature first appears in 7.1.0.258. AT&T testers just got this load one week ago. I believe Blaze has (from reading another thread on this issue) is running .262 with good results. My results on .258 are mixed, is there improvement, sure however I am not ready to call it the holy grail for battery life...

PG
    AugustArborists likes this.
    02-14-12 08:57 PM
    Geez, thanks PG, I was hoping for 23 days of battery on this build, a browser that is mind controlled, and phaser capabilities. All of my hope and dreams are dashed all to heck now.

Naw, I'm messing around, thanks for keeping us updated, nice to have you around, kind of like having a friend in the belly of the beast.
    02-14-12 09:17 PM
    Hi, may I interrupt a bit? My 9900 has been upgraded to .205 for a week and I suddenly find myself being haunted by the problem of memory leak again @@" I've never imagined myself doing regular reboots for 9900 (though it's a daily ritual with my previous 9700). Could anyone kindly advise on this a bit? A million thanx!
    02-14-12 09:34 PM
    Geez, thanks PG, I was hoping for 23 days of battery on this build, a browser that is mind controlled, and phaser capabilities. All of my hope and dreams are dashed all to heck now.

Naw, I'm messing around, thanks for keeping us updated, nice to have you around, kind of like having a friend in the belly of the beast.
    Nah the SW with 23 days of battery life also has a wide open hole that allows unlimited free data and we can't have that so we keep that for ourselves...

PG
    02-14-12 10:11 PM
    Thanks Phill, for showing me all of my spelling mistakes in the last thread that I posted. Yet again I'm confronted with another know-it-all, who has nothing better to do then stick his nose into other peoples conversations.
    Lmao, you're the one that was trying to tell others how to post. Nice example.
    02-14-12 11:24 PM
    does anyone know what is included in battery saving mode? my default brightness was 10 (the lowest) and when i turned it on i noticed it went a little bit darker.. i typically leave bt/wfi/nfc on 24x7 and thankfully it didn't turn any of those off.. but i'm curious what other enhancements are there.. underclocking cpu?
    02-17-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD