does anybody know if or when ATT is going to launch OS 7.1 for the bold 9900? This is taking forever, just like when ATT launched the bold 9900, i can't seem to find any information on when the OS is going to be available. Any info will be much appreciated.
    01-31-12 12:38 AM
    It's available now but not as an official release from any carrier. If you're waiting for an ATT specific release, it's anyone's guess. I don't see the reason to wait for ATT though if you want to upgrade.
    01-31-12 01:06 AM
    YOu loose the option to switch your network to 2g with the unofficial update. Which is a must for some like myself
    01-31-12 07:35 AM
    I heard they were testing 7.1.0.213. Does that mean that's the version that will be released? No. Nor does that mean it will be released anytime soon, but progress is being made. I too am holding back on 7.0 because the data switch is missing. I also had some problems with encryption in .205.
    01-31-12 11:56 AM
    okay, this is probably a stupid quetion, but how does one go about downloading a leaked OS? since it's leaked i figured it would come with a lot of quirks and glitches, if this it not the case, i'm all for it. once again, any info will be much appreciated
    02-03-12 12:12 AM
    does anybody know if or when ATT is going to launch OS 7.1 for the bold 9900? This is taking forever, just like when ATT launched the bold 9900, i can't seem to find any information on when the OS is going to be available. Any info will be much appreciated.
    Just install the leak and enjoy, why would you suffer waiting for something that now its leaked and tomorrow could be official only because of a carrier Vendor file naming it OFFICIAL??

In my house it is official what is fluidly reliable and rocks both .190( now official in Austria) and l205 have been more then great OSs. That is what i choose instead of some shhut officialy released
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-03-12 at 12:39 AM.
    02-03-12 12:35 AM
    okay, this is probably a stupid quetion, but how does one go about downloading a leaked OS? since it's leaked i figured it would come with a lot of quirks and glitches, if this it not the case, i'm all for it. once again, any info will be much appreciated
    Check the top of the forum for links to download sites for a leaked OS. Rerad the thread about the leak if you are worried about problems. Most leaks are fine to go. If one fails the process to wipe and downgrade is easy enough. A real wonder of the BB experience is changing the OS any time.

Over the course of a few years and several phones every one is updated as soon as a leak arrives. Official ATT is almost never running. Never had a serious issue with a leak. Had a few install issues but a wipe and reinstall always worked for me. Give the process a shot. Come back to the threads for help if issues arise.
    02-03-12 05:55 AM
    Got an OS update from AT&T last night for my 9900, but it wasn't 7.1. It was 7.0.0.576 (2392). It was about 11.8Mb in size and took almost 3 hurs for it to complete the update process. Totally insane.

No idea of what changes were included, but knowing AT&T, they probably took something useful out.
    02-03-12 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD