So, I've just ordered the 9900 from handtec.co.uk who have consistently stated a 15th August release date. It then has to be shipped to OZ so hope i'll get it around 24th August.

fingers crossed that is comes early :-)

Also ordered an otterbox case for it, never used them before as I find they add a fair amount of bulk to a device but I'm going to try and keep the 9900 nice and new looking.

the waiting begins.
    08-07-11 11:06 PM
    Do you know if the simfree model they are offering is compatible with att 3/4 G freq?
    08-07-11 11:46 PM
    I think there's only one 9900 model, so it should be OK.
    08-07-11 11:48 PM
    So, I've just ordered the 9900 from handtec.co.uk who have consistently stated a 15th August release date. It then has to be shipped to OZ so hope i'll get it around 24th August.

Also ordered an otterbox case for it, never used them before as I find they add a fair amount of bulk to a device but I'm going to try and keep the 9900 nice and new looking.

the waiting begins.
    If they send it FedEx or DHL you should have it by the 19th.

The only thing I dislike about Handtec is they take the full amount when you order. Not when they ship. Still, better now than never.

I just spoke to Optus about this handset in Oz. No outright sales, only on plans. My early upgrade fee would be over $1k. So, I'll be right behind you at Handtec.
    08-07-11 11:50 PM
    That Optus "deal" sounds terrible! gits!

I did specify DHL, fingers crossed by the 19th, that's only 11 days

If they send it FedEx or DHL you should have it by the 19th.

The only thing I dislike about Handtec is they take the full amount when you order. Not when they ship. Still, better now than never.

I just spoke to Optus about this handset in Oz. No outright sales, only on plans. My early upgrade fee would be over $1k. So, I'll be right behind you at Handtec.
    08-08-11 12:03 AM
    Hmm, is this the cheapest place out there? I might order from this place soon.
    08-08-11 02:22 AM
    I ordered from Handtec weeks ago and have used them frequently in the past and they've always been great.
    08-08-11 05:03 AM
    So if I order a 9900 from Handtec UK it will definitely work in Australia on the Optus network?
    08-08-11 05:45 AM
    No, they are not the cheapest, but I personally have found them professional in the past (and I've dealt with pretty near ALL of them). Handtec and Clove are so far my preferred choices.

They haven't told me any whopping lies about delivery and expected arrival as Expansys OFTEN have, but maybe I've just been lucky! I ignore the cheapest quotes if it is from a company I never heard of before. Probably just fishing for pre-orders then they wait until they can buy cheaply elsewhere and screw you on delivery delays.

Ordered mine from Handtec last week, so fingers crossed.
    08-08-11 06:24 AM
    It sure will and like others have said they are a very professional company and I've used them a few times now.

So if I order a 9900 from Handtec UK it will definitely work in Australia on the Optus network?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 06:50 AM
    I'll be ordering from them tomorrow after work. Hopefully RIM can stock up on those Black Hard Cases by the time it gets here.
    08-10-11 01:59 AM
    I emailed them this morning, and they confirmed the 15th as the day they despatch.
    08-10-11 06:38 AM
    Is anyone having issues with Handtec and had to ask their bank for an Authorization/Transaction code?
    08-12-11 04:27 AM
    I emailed them this morning, and they confirmed the 15th as the day they despatch.
    Website now says 15th-16th on the 9900 page.
    08-12-11 05:46 AM
    Website now says 15th-16th on the 9900 page.
    Noooooo!! For every day they delay an angel will fall from heaven!!

Those sonsofbitches promised me only yesterday they weren't going to be delayed, and they would ship/despatch on the 15th. That's why I chose them. Damn it.

Maybe they are having a two stage despatch? Those who ordered early get the 15th and then the second batch goes out the 16th? I know, I'm clutching at straws here.
    Last edited by kevinnugent; 08-12-11 at 07:22 AM.
    08-12-11 07:16 AM

the waiting begins.
    So, guys, anyone from Oz getting a Confirmation email? Mine's still at Handtec atm. Details have been sent to FEDEX but it's only like 3am there now, so don't expect it to be picked up for some time.

Fedex are telling me delivery is expected by 5pm Friday the 26th. This has been a long saga!
    08-21-11 09:18 PM
    So, guys, anyone from Oz getting a Confirmation email? Mine's still at Handtec atm. Details have been sent to FEDEX but it's only like 3am there now, so don't expect it to be picked up for some time.

Fedex are telling me delivery is expected by 5pm Friday the 26th. This has been a long saga!
    I got mine this morning. ordered with Handtec early last week, phone was shipped out on the 19th (UK time) via DHL. arrived this morning about 8 am. A lot faster than I expected

Ricky
    08-21-11 09:39 PM
    I got mine this morning. ordered with Handtec early last week, phone was shipped out on the 19th (UK time) via DHL. arrived this morning about 8 am. A lot faster than I expected

Ricky
    That's what I was ******** about on another thread. Mine missed the Fedex collection on Friday - and I should have been gettin it by tomorrow probably. Now it looks like Friday.
    08-21-11 10:13 PM
    That's what I was ******** about on another thread. Mine missed the Fedex collection on Friday - and I should have been gettin it by tomorrow probably. Now it looks like Friday.
    I know the feeling, that's why I go and buy from the shops most of the time. Hopefully you get yours soon, the delivery time seems to be faster than what they indicate. My wife bought something from singapore last time, it was said to be 10 days, but arrived in 3 days (fedex)
    08-21-11 11:02 PM
    I ordered my one Saturday night, they say 2-5 days. But its a long weekend!

Hope it arrives soon!
    08-27-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD