as an experiment, i switched from my q10 to the bold 9900 to see if i really miss the tool belt. im deciding on if i should just keep my q until the prices go down for the passport, or get the classic on launch day.

i have to say that i can understand why someone would still be keeping a bold. but bb10 and its apps blow the bold out of the water. all you bold holdouts are holding on to one or two little things. its always the same story: keyboard shortcuts and selecting text. you can never get everything you want in a phone and i guarantee you have complaints about the bold such as the hourglass, resets when you install apps and battery pulls.

i feel you people, and you might have tried bb10, but give it a good honest shot. like a month before you switch back. dont be stubborn.

i love the bold and dont need all the social networking and gaming apps. i am a busy, productive professional. my q10 smokes my bold and it has all the productivity, security and backup apps i need. i never pull the battery, its blazing fast and the learning curve was minimal. we all know bb10 will eventually get all those bb7 features everyone likes.

im not saying "go out and buy a q10 or classic." im saying everyone who thinks they wont be as productive on bb10 has not given bb10 a proper chance. i still play with my bold time to time but now its relegated to a backup phone.

bb10 is awesome

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Murundum likes this.
    09-28-14 12:30 PM
    a lot of good points. BB10 is a fantastic OS
    09-28-14 12:52 PM
    Hi i still use 9900 as main phone, after i had set it up and installed the few apps needed,
    it has been reliable with no hourglass or battery pulls, the keyboard is the best one
    i have used, as for BB10 i have tried it with a Q5 which i bought last year and used for six months it's a good system but i prefer the track pad and call/end call buttons, and the auto switch on /off feature is missing, some of the reasons why i am a holdout, the new Classic might tempt me to move to BB10 if it proves reliable and no double typing as Q10 appears to suffer from, if not then will keep using my 9900.
    iRetired likes this.
    09-29-14 06:32 PM
    Exactly you gave it 6 months, that's fair. I hate reading these stories of people who give new devices a couple days then go back.

If every bold owner gave the Q10 6 months and constantly bugged BlackBerry about the features they want and requested them, we would all be on bb 10.6 right now!!!!!
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-29-14 07:06 PM
    Eh.. there's some person in another thread saying they hate the Hub. So I imagine there's a few out there that should experiment with anything new.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:14 PM
    I have both and actually feel the opposite. I prefer BB7 over BB10 for some reason. So much so that I ended up giving my Q10 to a friend and keeping the 9900 as my main phone.
    Mr4aces and yokogeri374 like this.
    09-30-14 06:26 AM
    The Bold was the best email device I ever had. It was brilliant at it. Trouble was, it wasn't great at much else. Still, my Dad now uses it and adores it.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-30-14 06:29 AM