Hi Crackberry,

My friend's Bold 9900 was unable to connect onto twitter, facebook, whatsapp and even the browser just showed "no internet, please contact service provider"

The odd thing is that as the title suggests BBM is working, but everything else seems to be dead in the water. On the home-screen, the network indicator shows that Data Service is active.

I firstly updated his OS to the latest official .5xx, but the problem still persisted. Then i promptly wiped his phone the phone still had that error.

So I would like to know, if there is any chance of it being a phone problem or is it a telco/carrier problem?

Replies much appreciated!! And has anyone faced this problem, and how was it resolved?
    07-14-12 02:31 AM
    As the error message suggested, I would call the provider. Could be a few things- the service books could be resent (either your friend or the carrier can do this) or your friend doesn't have a full data plan (though I suspect s/he would still have Facebook, as many social messaging plans have social networking and BBM but no web) This is definitely an issue worth calling customer support for.
    07-14-12 08:07 AM
    Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now Give that a shot. I can't guarantee it will work, but it's worth a try.
    07-14-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD