I know that the battery life of Bold 9900 is bad.

I have charged yesterday evening to 100%.
    Tomorrow at morning the battery was at 76% without doing anything.

After lunch at 14 Clock i have to go out of the city to one shop. The battery was at 47%.
    I have started Navigation App Wise Pilot from App World. The Navigation distance was 32km.

It was half hour drive with a car. It works actually fine with Wise pilot.
    But after we came to shop the led started to blinking and after couple of minutes, the battery symbol was red, and it turned automatic the network completly off.

Actually i have the cable from android phone and car charger in my car, but after plugging bb to the car charger, a message appear on the display that i can't charge it.

What ??? I could charge every phone with this only with bb won't work.

Well what shoud i say. Half hour navigating drained battery from 47% to 0%.
    I came back to home with died phone.

I dont think that this is normal behavior.

I dont know how do you guys lives with so bad battery life of bb, but for me this is simple
    unusable phone.

I actually like bb 9900 very much, but now I'm forced to sell it on ebay.
    This is simply not acceptable.
    07-14-12 12:10 PM
    this is sadly the way it is, they needed smaller batteries and no focus on camera to keep the small size of bold 9900.
    07-14-12 12:15 PM
    Try looking in the section for a different OS that is said to have better battery life?
    07-14-12 12:17 PM
    Sorry you had that problem. My battery life isn't bad. Try loading a different os.
    07-14-12 12:21 PM
    Check out what kbz1960 posted.

Do you have apps open and running? Close them do a battery pull, fully charge device, then see how battery life is.
    07-14-12 12:22 PM
    Thanks for your advice. Last week i have updated the system to 7.1.0.523.

Because this is my firs blackberry i spend last few days to look at the system settings.
    i turned everything off, also auto sync etc. like suggested in other posts here.

Well it's not bad with 7.1.0.523, but like i said after Navigating i was shocked.

Actually for this size of the screen, the battery should be ok.

I think it's os issue.
    07-14-12 12:32 PM
    When using any navigation app you should always have a car charger plugged in. Telnav app actually suggests this option in the tutorial.

No big deal is it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jaydee5799 and keyhole like this.
    07-14-12 12:36 PM
    i don't have my bb now, but if i remember correctly try its the version .342...
    it last me a day for sure
    but of course you are using the GPS program and it actually drained your battery by half in half an hour...
    Last edited by killer007; 07-14-12 at 12:41 PM.
    07-14-12 12:37 PM
    OP do you live in a poor reception area ?

.523 has been fantastic for battery life on my bb.
    07-14-12 12:39 PM

Poor reception could be key here. I live in an area where reception changes drastically. In some areas I have excellent coverage with great battery life. In some areas, like at home, it is horrible and it reflects on my battery life.
    07-14-12 12:44 PM

Well, no. I have actually very good reception.
    07-14-12 12:52 PM
    I felt the same way, but then I upgraded the OS, and haven't had problems since
    07-14-12 01:02 PM
    Well, no. I have actually very good reception.
    What apps do you have?
    07-14-12 01:02 PM
    I charge my 9930 to 100% at night and in the morning it's at 93% & I usually have a bunch of emails and fb notifications waiting. Your battery drop definitely seems high to me. Closing out apps running in the background and even what types of apps you're using can affect the battery life. Sure hope you get it figured out.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-14-12 01:13 PM
    I went to get an oil change and tire rotation today.

The whole process took about an hour and a bit. I was virtually on my BlackBerry for the whole time. Browsing forums via TapaTalk, sending & receiving text messages, email and by the time my car was ready, my battery was at 24%...

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. I got home, put it on the charger, and using my Samsung Galaxy S III for the rest of the day...
    07-14-12 01:38 PM
    I went to get an oil change and tire rotation today.

The whole process took about an hour and a bit. I was virtually on my BlackBerry for the whole time. Browsing forums via TapaTalk, sending & receiving text messages, email and by the time my car was ready, my battery was at 24%...

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. I got home, put it on the charger, and using my Samsung Galaxy S III for the rest of the day...
    Ouch... did you start at 100%? I hope not.
    07-14-12 01:53 PM
    Aside from all the variables that go into battery life like reception, apps and apps data refresh settings, os, etc....

Is there any reason you can not just carry a spare battery? The batteries are very slim. And not expensive.

A spare battery is a good idea with almost any phone that let's you remove the battery.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    jaydee5799 and keyhole like this.
    07-14-12 01:55 PM
    ...it was 92%'ish when I left the house.

Ouch... did you start at 100%? I hope not.
    07-14-12 02:58 PM
    When using any navigation app you should always have a car charger plugged in. Telnav app actually suggests this option in the tutorial.

No big deal is it?

Exactly!!! And to plug it in, use the correct blackberry charger for gosh sakes and it WILL charge!
    keyhole likes this.
    07-14-12 02:58 PM
    Definitely try a different OS. When I was using .523, I would get a full 2 days of good usage (texting, emailing, internet browsing, phone calls, etc.). I switched to a different Java and now my battery won't even last a day with reserved usage. So definitely try a different OS!
    07-14-12 03:10 PM
    Reason why I have a car charger and extra battery. No difference then any other Android base phone eh.
    07-14-12 04:55 PM
    Ok now i have .523. What type of OS shoud i use?

I know that navigation draining battery to much. But 40% in half hour???

I used to navigate with iPhone and some Android phones sometimes for hours, but that never drained battery so much. Maybe 10-20% in 2 Hours.

I don't want to carry extra battery and charger with me all the time.
    Also i want to relax and don't think all the time about battery juice of my bb, should i take charger with me or not.

Why should i make my life complicated. Before i switched to bb i owned galaxy nexus and had 2 day battery life with everything turned on, and navigation also didn't drained battery so much.
    07-14-12 05:06 PM
    One thing though. You say you charged it to 100% in evening and then it went to 76% by morning without doing anything? Why not leave it being charged so it will still be 100% to start in morning? I agree battery is a bit on the weak side, but there are things to do that help. Myself, I put the charge on at night and it starts out in morning at 100% because it stays on the charger.
    ubizmo likes this.
    07-14-12 05:22 PM
    My battery was terrible on 7.0 but when I installed 7.1 it improved a lot. If your phone is searching for network towers all the time it will draw power. My batter drain over night is 0 percent.

07-14-12 06:16 PM
    Same's happened to me. My curve 8530's battery lasted maybe an hour of constant use. No matter how low the brightness was and how little apps were open made no difference. Now I have a torch and it's ridiculously awesome how long it lasts. The only problem is that It'll be fully charged before bed and then i'll turn it off and go to sleep then when i wake up it's at 80 something. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    fabio984 likes this.
    07-14-12 06:43 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD