Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Old SMS's now blank post wipe & reinstall

Since having to wipe my phone and do a full reset the other day (due to BES's crypto keys going mad, caused by a problem with my test server at work) I have restored everything to the phone, however all of my previously safe & saved test messages are now blank when opened.

The conversation still shows, but when you open it theres nothing inside. A better pull has not done the trick.

I will try and restore all my texts from backup tonight again and see what happens - but if anyone can point me in another/right direction id be more than happy.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Well just for completeness I thought I'd let you know what happened.

I was trying top restore (from good backup) the attachment store, sms, mms and text messages.

The restore hung and didn't do anything - leaving the phone unresponsive - then I had a call come in and disconnected the phone giving all sort of weird errors, I thought it was going to end in fail...

BUT when I cam off the phone and went back into the SMS folder everything was back as it should be... Very odd, but I've taken another fresh backup today in case it happens again.