This is definitely has to do with OS7. I had Torch9800 and a curve 8520( still had this) and I used to charge them by my Jabra BT charger delivering 5 V ( this is the most important factor in order to to damage your phone) and has .18 amp which is less than the chargers of Torch/curve rate. This will lead to longer charging time, and the charger getting hotter.
    Now that charger is not charging the 9900 and giving that message, so I guess it is something related by the OS7.
    10-18-11 08:47 AM
    I've used at least 3 different random chargers with my 9930 and it charges reliably every time with no problems. One is a really old moto mini usb with a micro usb adapter. One is the plantronics micro usb charger from my discovery 975. Can't even remember what the other one is. Something unbranded....

I read a bunch of good info on batteryuniversity.com about lithium ion batteries and proper care. Definitely changed what I thought was good charging practices.
    10-18-11 11:43 AM
    This is definitely has to do with OS7. I had Torch9800 and a curve 8520( still had this) and I used to charge them by my Jabra BT charger delivering 5 V ( this is the most important factor in order to to damage your phone) and has .18 amp which is less than the chargers of Torch/curve rate. This will lead to longer charging time, and the charger getting hotter.
    Now that charger is not charging the 9900 and giving that message, so I guess it is something related by the OS7.
    I must add another observation, I tried my daughter charger of BB 9700, and it did the job. So if it is an OS7 check, he must be checking the make of the charger, confirming it is made by BlackBerry.

Very smart OS if this is the case.
    10-18-11 12:23 PM
    I(...) One is the plantronics micro usb charger from my discovery 975.(...)
    My plantronics used to work with 9900 running on stock .2xx
    Since the upgade not anymore...
    10-18-11 12:28 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD