Ok so I've only had this unlocked 9900 maybe 2 weeks, but I ordered a few things for it so I am definately going the distance! I wouldn't do this if I didn't think I could effectively use this thing for the better part of 2016 because I'm pretty impressed with the speed of the browser still and I'm used to an iphone 5C.

So I already ordered the BB brand leather belt clip holster, I also ordered a battery and today I ordered the Dock Desktop charger to save some wear and tear on the micro USB port. The only concern is that all 3 batteries I ordered for the old 9780 were no good and didn't last. They would die at 40% charge left. I'm not seeing those issues with the 9900 as the battery is lasting a long time in the yellow and red. The cost to have a new battery put in my iphone works out to the exact same price to buy all these Blackberry accessories which can be had very cheap now off Amazon, etc.

Bottom line, I MISS Blackberry a LOT, so I'll be using it exclusively and will report any issues. I'm wondering if the Dock charger is faster to charge than using the USB to the wall.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-30-15 11:39 PM
    This makes me want to revive my 9900 from drawer. I don't think I can let go of the iPhone though.
    12-30-15 11:42 PM
    This makes me want to revive my 9900 from drawer. I don't think I can let go of the iPhone though.
    Lols, I still have an ipad but I notice without the Sim card in it I can still do everything with the iphone, even BBM. I'll use the iphone as a music player
    12-30-15 11:47 PM
    So I already ordered the BB brand leather belt clip holster, I also ordered a battery and today I ordered the Dock Desktop charger ... to buy all these Blackberry accessories which can be had very cheap now off Amazon, etc.

I'm wondering if the Dock charger is faster to charge than using the USB to the wall.
    My other message didn't post, so I will say welcome back here!

I have the same, I was lucky to get a good additional battery from Amazon. I bought the desktop charger cheap from Amazon, but I stopped using it when mine got the "60%" charge bug. Now I just use the stand alone battery charger and swap batteries when one goes yellow / red. Getting about a day and a half with wifi, BT, heavy texting, Pandora and Opera usage.

Good luck with the transition.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    12-31-15 12:06 PM
    +1000 for stand alone batt chargers! I haven't used usb to charge my 99 fo so long I don't know if it even works anymore. My 99 stays fed at multiple charging & car docks and with batt swaps. JM1s are VERY compact and easily carried as a spare. I keep charged JM1 in left pocket, drained JM1 in right pocket to be swapped with freshly charged jm1 from stand alone chargers. Typically at bed time to assure full endurance if called minutes after head hits pillow. Restores 99 to 100% charge in 3 minutes, including reboot. Hard to find faster "recharge" ANY where. ZERO wall hug time. Routine batt swaps provide side benefit of keeping memory cleaned out.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    12-31-15 04:16 PM
    My other message didn't post, so I will say welcome back here!

I have the same, I was lucky to get a good additional battery from Amazon. I bought the desktop charger cheap from Amazon, but I stopped using it when mine got the "60%" charge bug. Now I just use the stand alone battery charger and swap batteries when one goes yellow / red. Getting about a day and a half with wifi, BT, heavy texting, Pandora and Opera usage.

Good luck with the transition.
    Thnx, appreciate it!

To clarify, do you mean the dock charger developed a probllem? I'm pretty sure you mean the batteries right?

Yeah its definately a gamble with Amazon on batteries especially considering Blackberry probably doesn't make these batteries "new" anymore (maybe) and they could have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a few years.

I also have a wall charger, where you have to take out the battery to charge it (if this is what you mean by a "stand alone" charger. Its great but I would prefer to not always be taking the batteries out of the cell even though its a simple and quick thing
    12-31-15 06:11 PM
    +1000 for stand alone batt chargers! I haven't used usb to charge my 99 fo so long I don't know if it even works anymore. My 99 stays fed at multiple charging & car docks and with batt swaps. JM1s are VERY compact and easily carried as a spare. I keep charged JM1 in left pocket, drained JM1 in right pocket to be swapped with freshly charged jm1 from stand alone chargers. Typically at bed time to assure full endurance if called minutes after head hits pillow. Restores 99 to 100% charge in 3 minutes, including reboot. Hard to find faster "recharge" ANY where. ZERO wall hug time. Routine batt swaps provide side benefit of keeping memory cleaned out.
    So I take it that wall chargers are faster and better than the BB dock charger I ordered where you just put the entire cell on it. Good tips
    12-31-15 06:15 PM
    Here is the exact charger I ordered, hope these are ok

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B005RHP...UvbUpU12183192
    12-31-15 06:42 PM
    Here is the exact charger I ordered, hope these are ok

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B005RHP...UvbUpU12183506
    Good start but see if you can find an affordable source for this:
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B008JG5...UvbUpU12183506

They've gotten more expensive than I remember but that spare battery charger will let you swap batts instead of charging the phone itself. Roughly 3 minutes to swap & reboot & back to 100%. My phone has gone weeks without being plugged in in any way.
    12-31-15 11:52 PM
    Good start but see if you can find an affordable source for this:
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B008JG5...UvbUpU12183538

They've gotten more expensive than I remember but that spare battery charger will let you swap batts instead of charging the phone itself. Roughly 3 minutes to swap & reboot & back to 100%. My phone has gone weeks without being plugged in in any way.
    I found a vid for that thing, pretty cool.
    01-01-16 12:42 AM
    To clarify, do you mean the dock charger developed a probllem? I'm pretty sure you mean the batteries right?
    Don't know, didn't dive too deep into it, but I used the desktop charger for a couple weeks (got a great deal on Amazon) and after a while the phone would just charge to around 60% (partial) and stop charging. USB cable would always fully charge the same failure - there are posts on it in the 99xx and Q10 forums I've seen. As I need my phone to be charged, I use idssteve's recommended charger and swap between 2 batteries.

Yeah its definately a gamble with Amazon on batteries especially considering Blackberry probably doesn't make these batteries "new" anymore (maybe) and they could have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a few years.
    Definitely a possibility, plus counterfeits - saw a lot of "water damage" comments on reviews. Very sure my 2nd battery is genuine OEM, but think mine was a cosmetic "blemish" OEM reject for wrinkle in the cover wrap. A good $3 find on Amazon.

I also have a wall charger, where you have to take out the battery to charge it (if this is what you mean by a "stand alone" charger. Its great but I would prefer to not always be taking the batteries out of the cell even though its a simple and quick thing
    This is what I'm referencing, but at a better price than you guys are seeing: Amazon.com: Blackberry ASY-18976-003 Extra Battery Charger for BlackBerry J-M1 - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also prefer to hot swap FWIW.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    01-01-16 07:48 AM
    You're impressed with the OS7 browser speed?
    01-01-16 07:54 AM
    His 4G market may be saturated.

I initially had 4G download speeds of 48k (I think it was speedtest or something like that) when I switched from my 9630 to my Moto Droid RAZR HD but over time it dropped to 12k (off the same app) as VZW seemed to be overtaxed in my area. When I switched to the 9930 on 3G, I also didn't notice much difference.

Not as many people using the 3G / BIS networks?
    01-01-16 08:26 AM
    Thnx, appreciate it!

Hi Ralph, reference batteries most Blackberry batteries will be old stock and had a few that were discharged beyond charging, so found on Amazon a make called EXpro power+ 1450mAh to replace JM1 battery, sold in single or twin pack slightly cheaper, I have been using them for twelve months now in several 9900's used for business, they have a slightly longer run time and have been excellent and are still giving good service, checked Amazon UK today still offered about 15 GBP for two, I expect other Amazon stores might have them, we use the Blackberry desk charging dock as it's handy and always take a spare one when out on the road, the 9900 still meets our needs for now, and we have new spare 9900's and keyboards if they are needed, and they have been very reliable and there is still a place in 2016 for the bold 9900/30.
    01-01-16 11:27 AM
    Don't know, didn't dive too deep into it, but I used the desktop charger for a couple weeks (got a great deal on Amazon) and after a while the phone would just charge to around 60% (partial) and stop charging. USB cable would always fully charge the same failure - there are posts on it in the 99xx and Q10 forums I've seen. As I need my phone to be charged, I use idssteve's recommended charger and swap between 2 batteries.

Definitely a possibility, plus counterfeits - saw a lot of "water damage" comments on reviews. Very sure my 2nd battery is genuine OEM, but think mine was a cosmetic "blemish" OEM reject for wrinkle in the cover wrap. A good $3 find on Amazon..
    Just wondering if yourself or anyone else gets stuck at the 75% area after a reboot? If I wait long enough USUALLY the homepage loads but I never have to do it more than 3 times IF it does happen. I noticed after putting Opera Mini on the 9900 it is more frequent but I like the "Night mode" because even at 10% screen brightness setting I fing it too bright in a dark room
    01-01-16 12:29 PM
    For wifi I'm on a fiber optic network (basic service) and I clock about 8-10 MBPS and I have no complaints. On Rogers cell tower I will be clocking around 25-30 MBPS when my buddy on Sasktel has slower speeds than my wifi because that network is over saturated. Rogers uses their own towers so its actually pretty speedy imo. Mind you these clocked speeds are taken from my iphone.
    01-01-16 12:34 PM
    BTW here is my wall charger, pretty crude

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails ok I'm ALL IN now!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    01-01-16 04:56 PM
    Hi Ralph, reference batteries most Blackberry batteries will be old stock and had a few that were discharged beyond charging, so found on Amazon a make called EXpro power+ 1450mAh to replace JM1 battery, sold in single or twin pack slightly cheaper, I have been using them for twelve months now in several 9900's used for business, they have a slightly longer run time and have been excellent and are still giving good service, checked Amazon UK today still offered about 15 GBP for two, I expect other Amazon stores might have them, we use the Blackberry desk charging dock as it's handy and always take a spare one when out on the road, the 9900 still meets our needs for now, and we have new spare 9900's and keyboards if they are needed, and they have been very reliable and there is still a place in 2016 for the bold 9900/30.
    thanks! I will check this out and my bad I missed your comment B4

01-05-16 12:09 AM
    Ok so I've only had this unlocked 9900 maybe 2 weeks, but I ordered a few things for it so I am definately going the distance!
    I did the same thing about a month or two ago. Bought two brand new Sprint 9930s and activated one of them. Then for just about $100, I bought about 6 different cases, two different packs of LCD screen covers, an official blackberry car charger, two charging docks including charger and cables, and a 32GB SHDC card.

I really really love these phones and the OS and how it looks. I also love how it just fits in my hand and for the most part, can operate the phone with one hand. I'm an Apple fan and wish they'd make a phone with a keyboard and toolbar similar to this and an OS that looks more like the blackberry OS. OS7 has a nice tech look to it, iOS9 looks like it was designed by girls, for girls. I know the iPhone is far superior in every way but for a bit over $100 for each phone, I think it's a much better deal. If I drop it, I won't have a heart attack on it's way down like I would an iPhone that costs almost ten times as much. My older son dropped his iPhone 6 and the screen repair costs are almost what I paid for 1 phone.

I don't know what you like about the browser, I'm not thrilled with the BB browser and the Opera one isn't much better. But I have to say, I've been liking the Opera browser more as I use it more.

I wish RIM would re-issue an updated version of this phone (same size, just better hardware) with OS7 and a revamped browser. I tried the classic but I dislike OS10. Now if they update OS10 so that it looks and feels more like OS7, I might pick up a classic.

My next project with this phone is seeing if there is an easy way to import my iPhone contacts into my 9930.
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-13-16 08:10 PM
    I also love how it just fits in my hand and for the most part, can operate the phone with one hand. I'm an Apple fan

I don't know what you like about the browser, I'm not thrilled with the BB browser and the Opera one isn't much better. But I have to say, I've been liking the Opera browser more as I use it more.

I might pick up a classic.

Yup we have this in common, owning and using Iphones and BB's. its funny you mentioning the Classic because 2 days ago I went with someone to pay their phone bill and they had all the new BB's lined up on display (I took pics but what's sad is I might have to upload them with the iphone/ipad because my 9900 doesnt seem to want to post pics to here) and I couldnt believe how HUGE the Classic is when I put my 9900 next to it. I dont want a tall and heavy phone but I respect what the purpose of the Classic is trying to accomplish, nostalgia.

when I got my Green 5C my buddy said "Nice toy iphone" and when I got this 9900 he said "now THAT looks more professional" haha but I did want a toy when I got the 5C, a toy that has access to over 600,000 apps when I feel like it, that also makes phone calls

I wish Opera still supported Facebook.

I'm pretty stoked that I finally got my 9900 to upload through the Youtube "shortcut" native BB app, because for some reason when I was just travelling, no vids would upload no matter what I tried, certificates, etc.

I charged my white 9780 tonite also and used bluetooth to transfer some pics and I noticed email will not work without a Sim card, but on the iphone everything works without a Sim card except calling and texting.

As for the BB browser, i you want to talk speed, doing a lot of things like Google searches and Browser Facebook can be just as fast as the iphone 5C's 1.3 GHZ processor BUT playing on the BB Twitter app makes the 9900 work REALLY hard I noticed. overall its still "liveable" and I will be living with it for a while.

tomorrow I pick up my Belt clip holster and desktop charger FINALLY!!

see if you can post a pic in here if you use the CB app. I dont think it is supported anymore on OS 7.1

01-14-16 12:31 AM

My next project with this phone is seeing if there is an easy way to import my iPhone contacts into my 9930.
    Just add email account to Your BB 9930 and select contact sync.
    01-14-16 02:31 AM
    [IMG]html>
    302 Found

302 Found
    nginx

[/IMG]

It seems that, uploading pictures/attachments via Tapatalk on BBOS doesn't work...
    01-14-16 02:41 AM
    OS7 has a nice tech look to it, iOS9 looks like it was designed by girls, for girls.

I _always_ thought that. The first iPhone adapters I knew were women, and -- to me -- it always impressed me as a somewhat "feminine" device, a little like the Mazda Miata of phones.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-14-16 08:09 AM
    http://html><br /> 302 Found<br /> ...<br /> <br />

It seems that, uploading pictures/attachments via Tapatalk on BBOS doesn't work...
    Roger that! its a shame!

01-14-16 09:54 AM
    Picture upload test.
    Attached Thumbnails ok I'm ALL IN now!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    01-15-16 12:19 AM
32 12