alright after couples of weeks i decided to upgrade my bold 9900 from OS 7.1.0.402 To 7.1.0.428, well everything was great, i did my backup and delete the vendor file, ran the app loader and everything was smooth.

the problem here is when reboot to connect the device ( i don't know the process correct process name ) the whole process cancels it self and says: reconnect your device and try again.

anyone know why is this? im driving grazy
    05-27-12 10:51 AM
    Try uninstalling OS from PC first
    Then uninstall DM..
    Use CCleaner to clean..
    Reboot PC..
    Install DM
    Install OS (in PC)
    Use BBSAK to wipe device...
    Delete all vendor.xml files
    Then try updating OS...
    And try disable your antivirus software temporarily during updating OS to BB..
    There might be a conflict...
    Last edited by infinus; 05-27-12 at 12:41 PM.
    05-27-12 12:38 PM
    You mean you have problems connecting to pc?
    Update your DM first.
    Reboot your pc and try connecting your device.
    05-27-12 12:42 PM
    It happened to me and I was able to overcome it by updating Desktop Manager, as mentioned above, to the latest version and then making sure Windows has all the drivers from Windows Update that are necessary for the connection between the computer and the device.

Afterwards everything went fine and I was able to upgrade the phone twice with no issues.

p.s: some times when it says "attempting to connect to the phone" or something like that near the end of the upgrade, take a look at your phone, if there's an error on the display then unplug the usb and plug it in again and it will work.
    05-27-12 12:51 PM
    i have an 9930 but i cant no service books or BIS plz help
    05-27-12 12:55 PM
    Do you eventually have a BIS plan?
    05-27-12 12:59 PM
    Do you eventually have a BIS plan?
    no my service provider digicel said the imei number cant reg on the network
    05-27-12 01:07 PM
    Did you unregister it from your original carrier? Did you happen to buy a STOLEN blackberry from ebay or craigslist without knowing until now?

You can get your money back if you paid via paypal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 06:22 PM
    no i buy it from a phone place some were in new york but its a verizon phone but how to un register the phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-01-12 08:17 PM
    no i buy it from a phone place some were in new york but its a verizon phone but how to un register the phone

Confusing, are you using that exact blackberry? You'll have to contact verizon. If it was reported stolen or lost, you cannot activate it for data services.
    06-01-12 08:31 PM
    or ok but am not in d us am using the phone in the Caribbean my network provider is Digicel but they told me tht the phone is still reg under verizon

06-04-12 12:09 PM
    Contact Verizon, or have the former owner contact them and ask them to release the device.
    06-04-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD