Just checked my 9930 for software updates and this came up! Downloading now!!
    wolfee48, tryfe and jordan559 like this.
    11-16-12 02:11 PM
    Update isn't showing here: BlackBerry� Software Updates, yet. Must be rolling out OTA update first.

Interested in seeing which version, 7.1.0.xxx.
    11-16-12 03:27 PM
    It's version 7.1.0.755
    wolfee48 likes this.
    11-16-12 04:03 PM
    If you update and find any improvements or enhancements, let me know and I will do the same vice versa. I already notice it is much smoother just scrolling around.
    11-16-12 04:09 PM
    Oh, nice! I’m not running an official release. So my OTA update won’t pick it up. I don’t do OTA anyways, I’ll have to wait for a downloadable version. Hoping very soon.
    11-16-12 05:08 PM
    I have an update but when i go to download the crap it says to go on desktop MGR to do it. so NOW im downloading. hopefully this comes with the custom LED colors because this phone needs some excitement. blackberries are boring lol
    wolfee48 likes this.
    11-16-12 05:24 PM
    I have an update but when i go to download the crap it says to go on desktop MGR to do it. so NOW im downloading. hopefully this comes with the custom LED colors because this phone needs some excitement. blackberries are boring lol
    I may give DM a try tonight for the update. I'm sure it will have the custom LED's becuase it is higher than the 9900 .746 release that has the custom LED function. I like downloading the actual OS and using the app loader. That way I can manipulate the OS as needed for myself.

I'll be watching like a hawk for this OS...
    11-16-12 05:30 PM
    I think it's better to update on Desktop Manager. It's just more efficient and a lot faster!

So far I haven't seen any changes.. The custom LED option I haven't found.. if it even exists.. I thought it might be in the profiles, but haven't discovered them.. Overall this update hasn't been anything too spectacular..
    11-16-12 05:35 PM
    Saw update on OTA so went to DM. Like using it better than OTA but no update showing up. So tried OTA keep getting message cant update at this time, use DM or try later. Will keep trying.
    11-16-12 06:11 PM
    I think it's better to update on Desktop Manager. It's just more efficient and a lot faster!

So far I haven't seen any changes.. The custom LED option I haven't found.. if it even exists.. I thought it might be in the profiles, but haven't discovered them.. Overall this update hasn't been anything too spectacular..
    Hmm.. no custom LED function. No go for me, I'll hold off until further reviews. My current hybrid is solid.
    11-16-12 06:14 PM
    Update is BS. Not worth the waste of time. Soo tired of having a 9930. Its not fair that we NEVER get any leaks or anything good. I pretty much have to switch to the worst carrier (ATT) to get updates since the 9900 is sooo loved. And for those who are wondering: NO custom LED colors. Just wasted 45 minutes for nutn
    11-16-12 06:15 PM
    Update is BS. Not worth the waste of time. Soo tired of having a 9930. Its not fair that we NEVER get any leaks or anything good. I pretty much have to switch to the worst carrier (ATT) to get updates since the 9900 is sooo loved. And for those who are wondering: NO custom LED colors. Just wasted 45 minutes for nutn
    Not surprising... oh well. I can hang until BB10.
    11-16-12 06:21 PM
    It is now showing on Verizon's Blackberry Software Update page.
    11-16-12 08:25 PM
    Has anyone determined what this update changed or improved? I am still patching java. Hopefully done soon.
    11-16-12 08:40 PM
    Has anyone determined what this update changed or improved? I am still patching java. Hopefully done soon.
    I have not seen any visual changes.. I'm still trying to figure out what has been improved. I think they might have just improved the overall OS performance internally.
    11-16-12 09:44 PM
    There are plenty of apps that already do this: BeBuzz (my fav), Advanced OS and LED, Who Is It
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-16-12 10:04 PM
    I found this change log:

+ Push to Talk updates automatically.
    + �Network Extender� icon shows on Home Screen when connected to a Verizon network Extender.
    + NFC Secure Key support allows you to effectively lock and wipe the Secure Element on Near Field Communication (NFC) devices.
    + Improved battery life with Battery Saving Mode.
    + Wirelessly share media with Wireless Media Server.
    + BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing support is now available.
    + Improved performance of the Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) application.
    + Increased device stability while making and receiving Push to Talk calls.
    + Improvements to VZ Navigator� app while roaming.
    + Enhancements for GPS to add more accuracy to location information.
    + Improvements for VOIP applications.
    + Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi.
    + Improved in quality of audio calls.
    + Implemented a new version of the Amazon Music Store version 1.0.1.50 that has improved connectivity and reliability.
    + Modify code to allow VoIP to use media recording path and avoid loss of audio.
    + If your smartphone has BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), improvements have been made to ensure proper delivery of emails.
    fire6, bruteforce037 and stevehuff like this.
    11-16-12 10:49 PM
    I may give DM a try tonight for the update. I'm sure it will have the custom LED's becuase it is higher than the 9900 .746 release that has the custom LED function. I like downloading the actual OS and using the app loader. That way I can manipulate the OS as needed for myself.

I'll be watching like a hawk for this OS...
    I remember a similar conversation with you a while back sir. You KNOW you'll be downloading this update, so stop pretending that you won't! Hahahaha!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    11-17-12 04:18 AM
    I remember a similar conversation with you a while back sir. You KNOW you'll be downloading this update, so stop pretending that you won't! Hahahaha!
    Hahaha... well. Yeah maybe. Gotta get the download first.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-17-12 10:10 AM
    So, I haven't noticed anything new, but I have experienced a few things with this os. The Internet is quite a bit faster. Beweather updates extremely fast. Telenav is a lot faster in connecting. Reboot time is down to 2 min for me too.

*I shrunk the OS with BBHtool.
    11-17-12 10:50 AM
    I'm thinking the improvements on this OS were made internally. Nobody has really seen anything visually different.. If anybody finds anything, let us know.
    11-17-12 11:01 AM
    Not having custom LED built into the OS is not a big deal to me.. It would only be half baked anyway. I think it's better that LED notifications are third party apps so then you will be able to customize each individual thing you want such as a certain contact. I think if the custom LED was built into the profiles, you would only be able to set it for apps.. and still need third party app to customize more if you wanted.. I'm using Advance OS and LED and it works phenomenal! BeBuzz is cool too, but it causes memory leaks and doesn't always work properly. Verizon always has to do things different, so I'm thinking that's why custom LED's weren't baked in...
    11-17-12 11:10 AM
    So, I haven't noticed anything new, but I have experienced a few things with this os. The Internet is quite a bit faster. Beweather updates extremely fast. Telenav is a lot faster in connecting. Reboot time is down to 2 min for me too.

*I shrunk the OS with BBHtool.
    I've trying to download the OS via VZW in my first post in this thread. The download files are only 2MB and 50MB for multi-language. Seems like the downloads are not good yet. I'll keep trying.
    11-17-12 11:14 AM
    Not having custom LED built into the OS is not a big deal to me.. It would only be half baked anyway. I think it's better that LED notifications are third party apps so then you will be able to customize each individual thing you want such as a certain contact. I think if the custom LED was built into the profiles, you would only be able to set it for apps.. and still need third party app to customize more if you wanted.. I'm using Advance OS and LED and it works phenomenal! BeBuzz is cool too, but it causes memory leaks and doesn't always work properly. Verizon always has to do things different, so I'm thinking that's why custom LED's weren't baked in...
    I’m using Advanced OS and LED as well. Works perfect. But it is a shame that the LED’s are not included. It isn’t up to VZW… the OS is created by BlackBerry and Verizon basically endorses it for their network and devices.

There are also so many different factors that casue memory leaks... I don't have BeBuzz and I suffer memory loss as well. Each device and set up will have different results in regard to memory leak. But I know there are a few apps that due in fact cause a good memory loss on my device specifically.
    11-17-12 11:28 AM
    I've trying to download the OS via VZW in my first post in this thread. The download files are only 2MB and 50MB for multi-language. Seems like the downloads are not good yet. I'll keep trying.
    It's available on the BlackBerry site.
    11-17-12 12:06 PM
63 123