Signal seems slightly weaker but it could possibly due to hurrican after effects... The battery life if well draining significantly faster than before and I'm only using google maps slacker radio beweather. I would expect this battery drain from a hybrid but not an official release I will give it another 36-48 hours then ill downgrade and go to another hybrid
    Why would you expect a higher battery drain from a Hybrid OS than an Official OS ?

In my experience the BL Hybrids have all given better battery life than any Official OS I have used.
    BoldAlways and Alex_Hong like this.
    10-31-12 10:34 AM
    Why would you expect a higher battery drain from a Hybrid OS than an Official OS ?

In my experience the BL Hybrids have all given better battery life than any Official OS I have used.
    And if i stand correct you have used all... except one
    10-31-12 10:36 AM
    And if i stand correct you have used all... except one
    You are indeed correct, I have just missed out the AT&T V3 as I am getting such good results with Rc7B1 with the large .714 .sfi. It's been on my phone for almost 2 weeks and I love it, or at least love it until RC8 appears !!!
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 10-31-12 at 11:16 AM.
    10-31-12 10:56 AM
    I believe it will appears soon
    10-31-12 10:57 AM
    please i have downloaded the os, but my system is still saying the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected... kindly advise me on what to do, because my device has refuse to start up since yesterday, it boots midway and hangs there.
    10-31-12 04:31 PM
    Did you shrink anything out?

- Charles
    Where is the vendor.xml file to delete. Noone here has said whether it's in the BB Desktop Software or whether I have to delete it from the phone. I think it's after installing 2108 then go into the desktop folder is it?
    10-31-12 04:51 PM
    I wasn't able to so I went back to 523. No one in here could tell me where the vendor.xml is listed so I didn't have a choice. The activation screen I think was for BB id but not sure. I think since I wasn't able to delete the vendor file then install that is why I had problems.
    10-31-12 05:12 PM
    I wasn't able to so I went back to 523. No one in here could tell me where the vendor.xml is listed so I didn't have a choice. The activation screen I think was for BB id but not sure. I think since I wasn't able to delete the vendor file then install that is why I had problems.
    If you're using Windows 7, you can simply search for vendor.xml. Make sure that, in your search results, you are also searching for "hidden files." If there is one vendor.xml file, it will find it. If there are two, it will find them. Delete the files, voila. If you still have issues, there are plenty of members on here who can offer advice.
    10-31-12 08:30 PM
    If you're using Windows 7, you can simply search for vendor.xml. Make sure that, in your search results, you are also searching for "hidden files." If there is one vendor.xml file, it will find it. If there are two, it will find them. Delete the files, voila. If you still have issues, there are plenty of members on here who can offer advice.
    Thanks!
    I am not sure why but I now have .746 installed fine.
    No strange keycode. I did though remove BB desktop, install
    The .2108 file then reinstall BB desktop, turned off
    My antivirus (mcafee and others are famous for deleting files that aren't viruses). I didn't delete a vendor file.
    I think it's because I removed BB desktop software
    And all other versions I have used.
    The browser is wowser! Much faster. Battery life is much better as well
    11-01-12 02:59 AM
    Where is the vendor.xml file to delete. Noone here has said whether it's in the BB Desktop Software or whether I have to delete it from the phone. I think it's after installing 2108 then go into the desktop folder is it?
    I recommend you downloading BBHTools. It will have a function where you can just click and delete the vendor.xml file. The fact that you already install to this OS shows that you don't need to delete your vendor file. So your problem could be something else not related to vendor.xml (I assume)

- Charles
    11-01-12 02:14 PM
    looks like BB excluded 9930 from all updates...its been ages since a new OS has been released for 9930
    11-01-12 06:18 PM
    Something quite like that happened to me yesterday... From 100 to 80 when I unplugged it, from 80 to 50 in a matter of minutes.. Had it go from 100 to 80 when unplugged like 2 times.. Issue is now gone. Ano now, experience a 6% discharge rate even with no usage.. No new apps installed, no settings changed.. Weird. Back on topic, do you guys suggest upgrading? From what I can tell in the comments, while it ads some new features, it is a very glitchy version.
    same thing happened to me but only once so far. i though my phone just went crazy for a second, but now i see it's not an isolated issue. good to know. hopefully it wont happen to often though i have to say, this is my favourite of so far. i've been running it 3 days without a reboot, and so far it's as snappy as on day one. this has never happened for me before. always had to use the escreens to flush the jvm to give back the ram, but with this os i don't seem to have to have to do it. awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-01-12 10:44 PM
    Just installed, no issues. Hoping for better battery life, coming from 694 & 714. Thanks for posting link.
    Pls hw do I install it.I've downloaded and installed the file already but I get you do not have any software installed for your phone frm the apploader.
    11-02-12 05:05 AM
    I've discovered something fairly odd with this OS

I'm noticing WiFi radio usage at 1.38% at night, when I'm asleep...
    I almost never have to use WiFi... so I'm wondering why it would be on, even though it's off.

It's causing my drain rate to be much higher than it used to be (I was in the "0" to 0.4% range running .5xx, but this one keeps me at 1% to 2%) over night.

Anyone?
    11-02-12 10:40 AM
    Is possible to update the Porsche P'9981 with Bold 9900 updates? As they both are the same (Hardware wise).
    11-02-12 02:33 PM
    No, it's not... but you already have official .746 for the P'9981

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B53786A2C5FA09
    11-02-12 02:37 PM
    Talking about my own experience with this release, I must say that my battery life effectively halved by using this release. I came from 7.1.0.463 which could give me more than 4 hours of screen time, however this release only gives me about 2 hours of screen time!
    11-02-12 07:23 PM
    Well it's been a few days batter power it better. The browser responds much faster now. (Then again if you go to facebook it might be slow!)
    No problems so far. All my apps work fine, and the phone itself is much better. 2108 is an awesome release! Thanks for posting it. I didnt even look for a vendor file. I just installed the 2108 software, then new install of BB Desktop and installed works great. This is the second time I a runing a newer version that what most people are and my mobile provider hasn't called to give me heck or disconnect me from the network. Well 2108 is terrific so far! Love being able to change the LED light!! Maps is a much more responsive app now.
    11-03-12 02:26 AM
    Strange thing there was just the Blackberry ID login screen on reboot, and it works fine,. I have installed done numerous reboots and well its still runing fine. Thanks this is a good
    release. Very stable. Battery lasts much longer in a day. The big win is the responsiveness. My battery life was fine before when I was using the resource monitor.
    11-03-12 02:32 AM
    had a terrible experience with this update. Took me a total of 7 hours to get this update working
    I had this screen
    Official OS 7.1.0.746 for the Bold 9900 from UTS-image.jpgIi

Hype else got that problem while doin it over wifi? I had to use a laptop to get it right
    11-03-12 04:38 AM
    had a terrible experience with this update. Took me a total of 7 hours to get this update working
    I had this screen
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	124535Ii

Hype else got that problem while doin it over wifi? I had to use a laptop to get it right
    Did you try to just wipe and reload?
    11-03-12 08:10 AM
    Did you try to just wipe and reload?
    I couldn't access anything on the blackberry.
    11-03-12 10:58 AM
    Just a quick Heads Up to the more adventurous of you out there, the BL Team have just released their latest Hybrid OS based on .746.

Well worth a try given the performance of the previous BL Series for 7.1

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-7-1-a-752522/
    11-03-12 12:35 PM
    I just downloaded this update from my carrier (Rogers) an somehow I don't have the App World app anymore. Did this happen to anyone else, and does anyone know how I can install it again?
    11-04-12 07:58 PM
    I just downloaded this update from my carrier (Rogers) an somehow I don't have the App World app anymore. Did this happen to anyone else, and does anyone know how I can install it again?
    Just Google App World and it will take you to the RIM web site where you just need to download the latest version onto your phone...
    11-04-12 09:39 PM
220 ... 56789