Twice this weekend the phone went from about 50% battery on meter to near 0%. Rebooting phone brought it back to about 50%. When I saw this issue, next day I swapped to my spare battery and had the same issue. Today, so far no issue and I'm down to about 25%.

Weirdness. Could it be an app interfering? I have Meterberry installed. Maybe I'll try a few days without Meterberry.
    10-28-12 05:46 PM
    Twice this weekend the phone went from about 50% battery on meter to near 0%. Rebooting phone brought it back to about 50%. When I saw this issue, next day I swapped to my spare battery and had the same issue. Today, so far no issue and I'm down to about 25%.

Weirdness. Could it be an app interfering? I have Meterberry installed. Maybe I'll try a few days without Meterberry.
    Something quite like that happened to me yesterday... From 100 to 80 when I unplugged it, from 80 to 50 in a matter of minutes.. Had it go from 100 to 80 when unplugged like 2 times.. Issue is now gone. Ano now, experience a 6% discharge rate even with no usage.. No new apps installed, no settings changed.. Weird. Back on topic, do you guys suggest upgrading? From what I can tell in the comments, while it ads some new features, it is a very glitchy version.
    10-28-12 06:49 PM
    Updated to this OS and everything seemed to go fine...... except my phone isn't connecting to the Blackberry network. Yes, I did delete the vendor.xml file (there was only 1). Any thoughts?
    10-28-12 10:41 PM
    Did you re- register HRT?

Updated to this OS and everything seemed to go fine...... except my phone isn't connecting to the Blackberry network. Yes, I did delete the vendor.xml file (there was only 1). Any thoughts?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    MacSubic likes this.
    10-28-12 10:58 PM
    Did you shrink anything out?

- Charles
    MacSubic likes this.
    10-28-12 11:20 PM
    It must have been an issue with my service provider. It has started working again after I got an email saying that I was now registered with the Blackberry network. Thanks for the advice!
    10-29-12 12:09 AM
    I am happy to report that BlackBerry Protect and BlackBerry Travel are working again. This had nothing to do with .746 and was most likely a local server issue. That said, this OS is amazing on battery life. .714 was about 4%/hour drain... .746 is about 2.5%. I'm very pleased.
    10-29-12 05:42 AM
    Definitely going back to .714, all my keyboard problems have come thundering back since going onto this new OS. Basically, keys B, V and the space bar only work when really heavily pressed. On .714 they all worked fine. I never thought the OS would effect the keyboard but there you go!

Had this problem when I bought the phone second hand, thought it was hardware, upgraded the OS to .714 and the keys worked fine - odd!
    10-29-12 05:55 AM
    Been a few days, been around 2% ADR. Happy days.
    10-29-12 07:04 AM
    I am happy to report that BlackBerry Protect and BlackBerry Travel are working again. This had nothing to do with .746 and was most likely a local server issue. That said, this OS is amazing on battery life. .714 was about 4%/hour drain... .746 is about 2.5%. I'm very pleased.
    Same here, good news. I was able to force the update for app world by going here on my phone, BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Mobile
    Will be reinstalling .746 next week as im in the middle of moving.
    10-29-12 07:27 AM
    so far I hear good a bad reviews about this update. Im a little bit worried about upgrading it.

i have the .569 for my 9900. can anyone tell me which could be the best update after the .569?
    10-29-12 07:50 AM
    .714 definitely. Download larger .sfi, that is, .714 from Vodafone UK.
    if possible, try BL hybrid RC7B1 on hybrid section of the forum
    Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    10-29-12 08:17 AM
    Same here, good news. I was able to force the update for app world by going here on my phone, BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Mobile
    Will be reinstalling .746 next week as im in the middle of moving.
    Yep... already updated AppWorld. Everything is good to go.
    10-29-12 09:35 AM
    In regards to Blackberry Protect not working, I was getting your carrier has not authorized use of this etc...Tried all the fixes recommended but the one that only worked was calling my carrier (Telus) explained the problem, started a ticket, and within 36 hours Protect was back, hope this helps someone from pulling hair out like I did. Thanks to all that contribute...
    10-29-12 11:00 AM
    .714 definitely. Download larger .sfi, that is, .714 from Vodafone UK.
    if possible, try BL hybrid RC7B1 on hybrid section of the forum
    thanks. I will try installing this one.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-29-12 11:40 AM
    which one do i download??
    10-29-12 05:23 PM
    I have never experienced this bug on my 9900 but just checked again after the 746 upgrade and it still works ok through wired heahphones. Pausing and resuming makes no difference to the sound quality.

I wonder if it has anything to do with music sync. I never use this, I always copy all music files (2725 currenty) directly to the memory card either using the laptop card reader or the USB connection to the phone.

It's early days but the upgrade to 746 is running well showing none of the problems mentioned so far in this thread.
    I have had the mediaplayer problems to , since i've been updating it's gone...
    Fine music quality and no longer sudden music stops or other crappy issues.
    10-30-12 01:57 AM
    Just read Phill's reply on NFC. Not sure the carrier comments make any sense. I was using .714 and .658 prior to that and NFC was working. T-mobile UK disables NFC and the whole purpose of me downloading those previous versions was to get NFC technology working... which it did very well on BB Music Gateway. I removed the vendor files for this version as I did with the previous 2 versions. How the carrier then override that and block NFC from working?
    10-30-12 06:57 PM
    Just installed this - so far me likey!
    10-30-12 07:37 PM
    Seems a little slower to open up some Web pages. Not a big deal but I notice the transition slightly stutters.
    10-30-12 10:32 PM
    well i found a bug that is extremely annoying to me and im downgrading b/c of it. In the Calendar it automatically goes to the top of the hour you set as your starting hour instead of the first appointment anytime you set that day. This was working on the old version so I guess I'm downgrading.

Also another weird bug is when in the Options sometimes the search feature works and sometimes it does not.
    10-31-12 03:41 AM
    I removed the vendor files for this version as I did with the previous 2 versions. How the carrier then override that and block NFC from working?
    It has nothing to do with the vendor.xml files. You have to delete those to be able to install the OS.

Carriers can block certain functions on certain OS builds via service books and/or code baked into the OS relating to your device's vendor ID.
    homer1475 likes this.
    10-31-12 04:55 AM
    Have you all noticed that the LED colour can now be changed in notifications?
    10-31-12 05:28 AM
    One thing I like about this OS is when listening to music, there's a new process for going super loud. Previously you had to agree to going over the recommended limit each time, now there's one agreement to tick and you can proceed every time now without having to go through the warning process. Nice little time saver.
    10-31-12 06:21 AM
    Signal seems slightly weaker but it could possibly due to hurrican after effects... The battery life if well draining significantly faster than before and I'm only using google maps slacker radio beweather. I would expect this battery drain from a hybrid but not an official release I will give it another 36-48 hours then ill downgrade and go to another hybrid
    10-31-12 09:43 AM
220 ... 45678 ...