I hate to be the one to bring this up again, but this OS has the AT&T mic issue? If no one has tried, I'll bite the bullet in a bit.
    11-08-12 09:36 AM
    Dont know about the ATT issues but, this OS is probably the best one yet.
    11-08-12 09:43 AM
    I hate to be the one to bring this up again, but this OS has the AT&T mic issue? If no one has tried, I'll bite the bullet in a bit.
    I installed this last week and I'm in one of the dreaded mic issue areas and I haven't had any issue for the past week with the mic issue.
    11-08-12 09:59 AM
    I installed this last week and I'm in one of the dreaded mic issue areas and I haven't had any issue for the past week with the mic issue.
    This is very promising! Thanks a lot, I'll give it a shot.
    11-08-12 10:39 AM
    Woohoo!! It works! No mic issue on AT&T!
    jdelvalle56 likes this.
    11-08-12 11:38 AM
    Can any kind soul over here please let me know if the VOIP applications are working on this build. I tried 714 and had to roll back because RIM either changed or blocked VOIP. Is anyone using VMobile or Blackvoib or any app like that?
    11-08-12 12:43 PM
    I'm interested to know if they fixed all the bugs with Media Player, mainly the quality when you pause and play resulting in hollow playback and also the EQ settings, if you enable Treble, it's like there's too much of it.
    11-08-12 04:43 PM
    I installed this OS this morning using loader, without wiping. I did one battery pull after the upgrade. I don't plan to do any more. Too early to notice any difference in battery consumption, but the battery temperature definitely appears to be warmer. Was running 7.1.0.714 small sfi before with typical idle temperature of 19C. Since the upgrade, it's been hanging around 23C.
    11-08-12 07:23 PM
    I'm interested to know if they fixed all the bugs with Media Player, mainly the quality when you pause and play resulting in hollow playback and also the EQ settings, if you enable Treble, it's like there's too much of it.
    The media player issue still exists.
    11-08-12 10:32 PM
    last two updates i cant use

there is no 2G only option for me

I am on 7.1.0.694 and there is a 2G only option it is important because the 3G coverage here in South Africa is really bad so if the phone is on 2G and 3G the battery dies super quick

Any help on how i can get 2G only option on this os
    11-09-12 01:16 AM
    Any help on how i can get 2G only option on this os
    You can't... it's a carrier restriction.
    11-09-12 02:18 AM
    It's coming up on 24 hours since I installed this OS. I let it idle all night with WIFI and bluetooth turned off. Other than emails being pushed to the phone, there was no activity. The only app running was meterberry. The ADR was 1.5% and the battery temp was 20C. Previously on .714 small sfi, ADR would have been well under 1% and battery temp lower, but obviously it can't get lower than the ambient temperature.
    11-09-12 11:30 AM
    It's coming up on 24 hours since I installed this OS. I let it idle all night with WIFI and bluetooth turned off. Other than emails being pushed to the phone, there was no activity. The only app running was meterberry. The ADR was 1.5% and the battery temp was 20C. Previously on .714 small sfi, ADR would have been well under 1% and battery temp lower, but obviously it can't get lower than the ambient temperature.
    This .sfi does run hotter than .714.

Good news is that .714 .sfi will run with this OS if temp is an issue for you.
    11-09-12 12:46 PM
    I posted this in the BL Returns thread, but maybe not everyone is looking there. 48 hours after installing this OS. I just got up up after leaving my phone idling overnight with wifi on. Reset ADR last night. It was 0.6% per hour and the battery temp is 18C. It definitely gets warm when you use it, but this is just as good as I was getting with .714 small sfi.
    11-10-12 10:23 AM
    The media player issue still exists.
    Such a small bug in terms of overall usability but so damn annoying. How can they mess something up so bad? I could understand if it was something more essential to the phone because you had to make the transition from OS6 to OS7 but it's just the media player, something that should remain consistent and "carried over" from OS6.
    11-10-12 04:30 PM
    You can't... it's a carrier restriction.
    Hi phill thanx for the reply

Just a quick question if its carrier restricted then how come i have 2G option on os version 7.1.0.694

would just like to add that non of the os i use are for my carrier in sa the carriers are so fart behind its disgusting and i wipe the device first with bbsak and only back up contacts with desktop software
    11-12-12 02:24 AM
    Hi phill thanx for the reply

Just a quick question if its carrier restricted then how come i have 2G option on os version 7.1.0.694
    Don't let the number fool you... 7.1.0.694 is an ancient OS!
    Your carrier has obviously decided to restrict the 2G only option in all new and future OS builds. The only way you can get it back is to downgrade to an older OS version.
    11-12-12 07:33 AM
    Such a small bug in terms of overall usability but so damn annoying. How can they mess something up so bad? I could understand if it was something more essential to the phone because you had to make the transition from OS6 to OS7 but it's just the media player, something that should remain consistent and "carried over" from OS6.
    I have to agree. I'm not a huge fan of having to carry around multiple devices. With a BB9900, I should be able to ditch the iPod so I can listen to music if I'm commuting or just out for a walk. But it appears the media player is the, "well, we'll include it so we can say it HAS one" feature. To be honest, my Bold is all about communicating, so I'm not TOO concerned, but yes, it is annoying and something I hope is completely resolved in BB10, if not before.
    11-12-12 10:13 AM
    Battery is much better on this OS and I'm not yanking the battery every day as I had to with the previous OS(.526 I think)
    11-12-12 12:26 PM
    I have to agree. I'm not a huge fan of having to carry around multiple devices. With a BB9900, I should be able to ditch the iPod so I can listen to music if I'm commuting or just out for a walk. But it appears the media player is the, "well, we'll include it so we can say it HAS one" feature. To be honest, my Bold is all about communicating, so I'm not TOO concerned, but yes, it is annoying and something I hope is completely resolved in BB10, if not before.
    I have no doubt that it will be resolved in BB10. My main frustration stems from the fact that the media player never had such a problem going back all the way to OS4, but suddenly now they're having problems and during a time where resources aren't being put into a dying OS so it's almost likely it won't be fixed.
    Outrunner likes this.
    11-12-12 05:41 PM
    Because it doesn't actually fully carry over. The user interface and application code does, but from OS6 to OS7 they switched processors and all the lower level code that does the actual decoding is new.
    11-13-12 07:40 AM
    I have no doubt that it will be resolved in BB10.
    I'm not so sure.
    it was the last thing I expected when I first got my 9900. and while there are always bugs (in every platform), most of them are fixed pretty fast. the way RIM ignores this problem is absolutely ridicules.
    11-13-12 10:28 AM
    What I dont understand is why this bug is not present in 7.0 only in 7.1?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-13-12 12:14 PM
    I can confirm that mobile voip is not working on 746. I have reported the issue to voip and they said that they will release an update as soon as possible. I also find that with previous version after using voip the phone had to be restarted before you could receive normal calls again. Anyone else experienced this?
    11-13-12 01:24 PM
    I'm interested to see if AT&T users can use this as well and not have the MIC issue like the last release from roger .391 was the last OS before AT&T released .694 that worked with a good Mic.
    I can confirm that I am in the troubled AT&T "dead mic" spot and this OS works perfect!!!!
    11-13-12 03:58 PM
127 ... 3456