It was terrible for me too... I've already downgraded.
    Hmm, hate to miss an OS but think that I will stick with .391 if it didn't work out for the Voda UK maestro !

Out of interest, what did you downgrade to Phill ?
    05-23-12 03:45 AM
    Hate to ask but... How the do you get the firewall and some other security options freed from the stupid "padlock" restriction? I wiped and got rid of the IT policy, but I still cannot change those options.
    As Phill said, downgrade, I was running 284 which was the best thing for me out of the older OS. But now with this I am going to put up with it.
    05-23-12 04:14 AM
    Ok for everyone that have been following my past posts. This OS is good. The problems I faced were just temporary it seems now all my services run normal again (BeWeather, bb protect, gmaps). Nothing to complain about so far !
    05-23-12 06:03 AM
    what about sunlight touchscreen problem?
    05-23-12 06:16 AM
    402 was laggy for me. Installed 428 today. No wipe.
    Phone seems much more fast. No issues with services. Only thing missing is Hotspot, but I've been told that it is a carrier issue.
    On 402 sometimes the touchscreen did not register my movements. 428 seems much better in this aspect (maybe because it is also faster and can keep up?)
    The reboot sound is present, but not a nuisance.
    Battery on 402 was in my view poor, but my device only has 3 full charges so far (first week of use), so I cannot comment if the battery would be better because of the build or the battery settling down.
    My carrier is TMN Portugal. Overall very happy with this build so far!
    05-23-12 06:18 AM
    Downloading now and will update from .267 which only problem for me is the memory leak. Will do a bbsak wipe only update
    05-23-12 06:51 AM
    Lag initially for me but settling in nicely after a few reboots. This time I was a bit lazy and used DM to update instead of the usual wipe, etc.

Am curious what you downgraded to Phil? The recent Rogers OS or 402
    05-23-12 07:00 AM
    Im staying on the .391 until another build comes out.
    05-23-12 07:07 AM
    Interesting read this thread as there seems to be a lot of stuff I have missed that people have been experiencing on there devices.

Will investigate further about the IT policy, the mic issue and why .402 is so bad for some people.

I find .402 to be rather stable.

If anyone can enlighten me on the subjects above then please do. Will same me a search Later on.

Cheers.

Sent from somewhere other than my PC.
    05-23-12 07:11 AM
    After reading some of the bad experiences with this version, I decided to give it a try!! My experience with .402 was not good...

I installed using apploader and everything went flawless!! All my services work fine, including access to my BIS accounts.

Berryweather locked quickly.

Too soon to say anything about battery or memory leaks, but at least I have not encountered some of the problemas other people have.

In what respects to the IT policy, as other people said, it is still there, but to be honest I have not found any reason to remove it.. it does not make any difference with all the apps I have.

Radio signal seems better, but once again, too soon to tell..

I will report back in a few days in what respects to battery life..
    Last edited by scouts36; 05-23-12 at 07:28 AM.
    05-23-12 07:21 AM
    what about sunlight touchscreen problem?
    I'd Like to know this as well, as I've been having the problem

In what respects to the IT policy, as other people said, it is still there, but to be honest I have not found any reason to remove it.
    Is there a way to Remove the IT Policy ?
    From what I'm reading is that it's baked into the OS for the Prenatal Control Feature.
    Last edited by AwJm; 05-23-12 at 07:27 AM.
    05-23-12 07:24 AM
    I'd Like to know this as well, as I've been having the problem

Is there a way to Remove the IT Policy ?
    From what I'm reading is that it's baked into the OS for the Prenatal Control Feature.
    To remove the IT Policy read the first few posts of this same thread or follow the .402 Thread where this has been explained several times. But once again, the real only difference you will find is that device will boot faster..
    05-23-12 07:31 AM
    To remove the IT Policy read the first few posts of this same thread or follow the .402 Thread where this has been explained several times. But once again, the real only difference you will find is that device will boot faster..
    I know how to Remove IT policy using BBSAK to Factory Reset.. was thinking that method does not work,.. I'll check out the .402 post..

So with the IT policy Disabled, Any idea if it breaks the parental controls.
    05-23-12 07:38 AM
    OS installed fine and everything worked great EXCEPT... the @$%#ing mic issue for AT&T users like myself is still there!!! WTF?! Guess it's another downgrade for me. I don't understand how an OS is made official with a bug that huge. If you are an AT&T user, avoid at all costs!
    I'm not an AT&T user, but I'm curious about the mic issue? What is it?
    05-23-12 07:46 AM
    402 works like a charm for me, wont touch this one.
    05-23-12 07:51 AM
    Installed .428 last night over .402. No problems encountered. All apps and data transferred OK.

Hoping this fixes 2 issues I had with .402. On TMo my phone would ocassionally ring once then caller would be sent to VM. This happened in strong signal areas too. TMo opened ticket but engineer who called me claims they monitored my line for a few days and could not identify a network issue.

Also, memory leaks. With .402 I had to reboot my phone every 2 days otherwise I would lose 50MB+ of RAM.
    05-23-12 08:34 AM
    I'm not an AT&T user, but I'm curious about the mic issue? What is it?

the mic is not active for at least 10s or more at the beginning of the call... its the second os 4xx that its happening in
    Kimberly Boals likes this.
    05-23-12 08:55 AM
    I normally jump at an OS, but I haven't seen anything yet that would make we want to leave .342.
    05-23-12 09:03 AM
    Was hesitant after reading some of the posts, but I made the jump and installed. Hopefully it turns out ok.

The reason I made the jump is because .402 was not very good at all for me.
    05-23-12 09:04 AM
    My god this OS is terrible for me. Some apps that require internet refuse to work. Google maps freezes when loading up the bar where it says 4.5.3, email setup hangs, Beweather doesn't update weather.

I want .470 or .483
    It looks like a lot of users are having network connection issues with this built. I would skip this version of OS for that reason.

Also, if BB Boss or some other shrinking software should find a way to forcefully remove Parental Control. This may delete the IT Policy as well.
    05-23-12 09:23 AM
    Ok, so how soon before we see another build from another carrier ?? .. I'm looking fwd to an AT&T release,. their build are usually stable.
    05-23-12 09:26 AM
    It looks like a lot of users are having network connection issues with this built. I would skip this version of OS for that reason.

Also, if BB Boss or some other shrinking software should find a way to forcefully remove Parental Control. This may delete the IT Policy as well.
    No don't worry, I have posted an update it seems the network issues were only temporary. Everything is running perfectly now and its actually a solid build so far. Try it, you have nothing to lose, its better than .402
    mssca likes this.
    05-23-12 09:29 AM
    I normally jump at an OS, but I haven't seen anything yet that would make we want to leave .342.
    I'm on .432 and the only bug is when I use the Mobile Hotspot, after a few seconds my computer gets connected to it, the phone reboots. Ever happened to anyone?
    05-23-12 09:39 AM
    I'm on .432 and the only bug is when I use the Mobile Hotspot, after a few seconds my computer gets connected to it, the phone reboots. Ever happened to anyone?
    Where is .432 ?
    05-23-12 09:40 AM
    Where is .432 ?
    I think the OP meant .342 and transposed.
    05-23-12 09:45 AM
322 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD