Yes I tried uninstalling through control panel / program files and even through the .exe, but multiple attempts failed. I believe the reason is that I miss microsoft .NET 2.. At least that is what I get when I google for the error.

Somehow I miss .NET 2, I only have 1 and 3,5. Guess I will try to update my bold from a different computer. Installing .NET 2 also resulted in errors.. :P
    Sounds like it's time to reinstall windows 7. Maybe you could try a repair first.
    04-07-12 11:31 AM
    thank Sator you done it it's solved thanks thanks thanks thanks..........

You're welcome, I'm glad it solved your problem...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    shahrouz64 likes this.
    04-07-12 11:32 AM
    You're welcome, I'm glad it solved your problem...Click to view quoted image

It seems strange that completely deinstalling all of the OSes, using ccleaner and reinstalling the one he wanted did not work. It's good that what you suggested worked, but that is definitely a hack like sometimes has to be used on a leaked release before the official version comes out. Something must be messed up on the PC.
    04-07-12 11:36 AM
    You're welcome, I'm glad it solved your problem...Click to view quoted image

Yeah, very nice workround, I had been racking my brains to try and assist the poster and had come up against a brick wall. Kudos my man.
    04-07-12 11:36 AM
    Sounds like it's time to reinstall windows 7. Maybe you could try a repair first.
    Ha, I am still on Vista! But yeah, probably time to get 7 or try and repair my Vista. Thanks for thinking with me anyway!
    04-07-12 11:50 AM
    Ha, I am still on Vista! But yeah, probably time to get 7 or try and repair my Vista. Thanks for thinking with me anyway!
    Vista, seriously?!? Man, do yourself a big favour and either replace your computer or upgrade it to windows 7. You will be glad you did.
    04-07-12 11:52 AM
    It seems strange that completely deinstalling all of the OSes, using ccleaner and reinstalling the one he wanted did not work. It's good that what you suggested worked, but that is definitely a hack like sometimes has to be used on a leaked release before the official version comes out. Something must be messed up on the PC.

It's not the PC, it's the phone, it thinks that OS 7.1.0.342 is not compatible to the phone's OS 7 (OS 7.0.585), since it jumps from OS7 to OS 7.1 (some phones can't detect it), I just gave work around/Hybrid way which is faster, there is also work around with installing earlier OS 7.1 (7.1.0.190/.205), after that he can upgrde again to 7.1.0.342. I've ran into the same problem when I installed 2 of my friend's bolds(OS 7), I used .284 folder and the phones detected the OS.

shahrouz64 likes this.
    04-07-12 12:18 PM
    Yeah, very nice workround, I had been racking my brains to try and assist the poster and had come up against a brick wall. Kudos my man.

Thanks my friend.

04-07-12 12:22 PM
    It's not the PC, it's the phone, it thinks that OS 7.1.0.342 is not compatible to the phone's OS 7 (OS 7.0.585), since it jumps from OS7 to OS 7.1 (some phones can't detect it), I just gave work around/Hybrid way which is faster, there is also work around with installing earlier OS 7.1 (7.1.0.190/.205), after that he can upgrde again to 7.1.0.342. I've ran into the same problem when I installed 2 of my friend's bolds(OS 7), I used .284 folder and the phones detected the OS.

That's pretty cool. Well done. When I upgraded from OS 7 to OS 7.1, it was using the official version for my carrier, which had already been pushed out OTA. (I didn't do the upgrade OTA, I wiped my phone and did it using DM.) After that, I had no trouble at all going to 284 or 342. Would wiping the phone also get around the problem? Just wondering.
    04-07-12 12:25 PM
    That's pretty cool. Well done. When I upgraded from OS 7 to OS 7.1, it was using the official version for my carrier, which had already been pushed out OTA. (I didn't do the upgrade OTA, I wiped my phone and did it using DM.) After that, I had no trouble at all going to 284 or 342. Would wiping the phone also get around the problem? Just wondering.
    Pretty sure that the poster who had the original problem tried a wipe and it didn't help him.
    04-07-12 12:27 PM
    I downloaded this update today. I only found one vendor file so just deleted the one.

I havent seen any major differences (new features yet). There may be just a small improvement on the battery etc as I came from .267

Glad I didnt have any problems with the update. It all went well
    04-07-12 12:51 PM
    I have read though this entire thread, I have done everything I'm supposed to do install this OS (I believe). I've tried everything. Uninstalling / reinstalling the OS, downloading files from IE, deleting vendor.xml file, but App Loader and Desktop Manager are not finding any OS. I've tried two different OS's and NOTHING. I am running 7.1.284 and I'm trying to update the software for the sole purpose of getting the touch screen to stop scrolling downward in the sun. Is there a step I'm missing or does anyone have any suggestions ? I have updated OS's on every blackbebrry I've had for the last 6 years with no issues, this Bold 9900 is the first time I've ever had a problem. Can anyone help ?
    04-07-12 01:57 PM
    Sounds like you might want to try it with a different computer. Are you on windows 7, vista or xp? Try xp if they aren't working via "windows ", which is basically microsoft virtual machine. It might workm if not, another computer might.
    04-07-12 08:22 PM
    I have read though this entire thread, I have done everything I'm supposed to do install this OS (I believe). I've tried everything. Uninstalling / reinstalling the OS, downloading files from IE, deleting vendor.xml file, but App Loader and Desktop Manager are not finding any OS. I've tried two different OS's and NOTHING. I am running 7.1.284 and I'm trying to update the software for the sole purpose of getting the touch screen to stop scrolling downward in the sun. Is there a step I'm missing or does anyone have any suggestions ? I have updated OS's on every blackbebrry I've had for the last 6 years with no issues, this Bold 9900 is the first time I've ever had a problem. Can anyone help ?

I'm not sure there are 2 vendor Xml. (1 is hidden) on OS .342 or not, since I use BBH Tools to shrink the OS and automaticaly delete any vendor Xml files. but you can check the 2nd vendor Xml.(set your PC show hidden files and folders): C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\RIM\Blackberry\LoaderXML , or you can use Vendelete+: http://ubersurfer.com/files/vendeleteplus.zip This app. deletes vendor Xml files. and also gives you the option to clear your previous BB apps list from the Windows registry. Clearing this list prevents your apps from displaying in Loader.exe to aid you in performing a 'clean' OS installation. If the problem is still there, than you can try Rootbrian's suggestion or you can try my work around (post#244), you can use OS .284 as a folder instead of OS 7.0.0.585

Last edited by Sator; 04-08-12 at 08:10 AM.
    04-07-12 11:51 PM
    Vodafone UK still lags behind. The battery consumption of OS7 on Bold 9900 is awful. I have only the RIM applications loaded and use it for eMail, no browsing. I would agree that an increase of 10% better battery life is impossible. I simply need to be available for 24 hours, that's impossible with OS7 on 9900.
    04-08-12 09:50 AM
    Vodafone UK still lags behind. The battery consumption of OS7 on Bold 9900 is awful. I have only the RIM applications loaded and use it for eMail, no browsing. I would agree that an increase of 10% better battery life is impossible. I simply need to be available for 24 hours, that's impossible with OS7 on 9900.
    I am on Vodafone UK, have no apps installed except MeterBerry and am running 7.1.0.342.

Phone was taken off charger at 6:22pm on Thursday and has not been turned off since, currently at 3:58 pm on Sunday I have 25% battery remaining.

OK, it is a bank holiday weekend so no business calls or e.mails but I have been out and about in the town for a few beers all 3 evenings where signal is very poor.

Even on a heavy working day I comfortably get to the end with juice to spare, rarely having less than 60% left and that is with constant travelling using bluetooth for the handsfree.

The 9900 does go 24 hours for me.
    04-08-12 10:04 AM
    Do you use BBM then? I use that all the time instead of texting. Perhaps BBM is the main culprit behind battery drain.

I have my Facebook updating every 3 hours and Twitter every hour. Backlight set to the dimmest always.
    04-08-12 11:08 AM
    I ran into this problem yesterday as well. Turns out there was a 2nd hidden vendor.xml file. Was able to find it by reading through this:

http://crackberry.com/updating-your-...h-vendor-files
    04-08-12 11:14 AM
    Its really a hit and miss thing.

Just this week, I have upgraded my and my fiancee's 9900 from OS7.0 to OS7.1.

I used the Israel official issue. Ofcourse, I took out the vendor file.

With my phone, it easily detected the OS7.1 but ran through the 507 error. Just rebooted PC and reconnected my 9900, and installation was a breeze.

With my fiancees 9900, it initially did not detect the OS7.1. I had to do a few reboots of the PC and few batt pulls and reconnects to the cable before it found and detected the OS7.1. However, in her case, it did not experience the 50 error.

Bought are phones came from the same shop and same local carrier.

Just wanted to share.
    04-08-12 11:26 AM

Sator, just wondering. Would wiping get around this problem? I wasn't clear if the person wiped the phone or not. If the phone has no OS at all, shouldn't it accept any OS (with or without vendor.xml removed)?
    04-08-12 11:33 AM
    Why do you set it to update so often? They have push notification?

Do you use BBM then? I use that all the time instead of texting. Perhaps BBM is the main culprit behind battery drain.

I have my Facebook updating every 3 hours and Twitter every hour. Backlight set to the dimmest always.

04-08-12 11:40 AM
    Just have to remember, 97xx battery has higher capacity battery than that of the 9900

RIMWalker likes this.
    04-08-12 11:42 AM
    I was scared to do this in fear of causing some irreversible damage (my first time), but I must say it was fairly easy. Hope I get at least some battery relief if nothing else.
    04-08-12 01:25 PM
    I am on Vodafone UK, have no apps installed except MeterBerry and am running 7.1.0.342.

>8 snip

Even on a heavy working day I comfortably get to the end with juice to spare, rarely having less than 60% left and that is with constant travelling using bluetooth for the handsfree.

The 9900 does go 24 hours for me.
    The BBDM is not giving me the update. I wonder what that is.
    04-08-12 02:17 PM
    The BBDM is not giving me the update. I wonder what that is.
    .342 will be coming to Vodafone in 2018 LOL......We get the unofficial / Leaked OS updates.

With the leaked / unofficial .342 update there was a problem.

If you search crackberry for the Isreli .342 OFFICIAL update and follow the instructions in that thread.

I'm on Vodafone UK and have it since yesterday. It was quite easy
    04-08-12 02:24 PM
498 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD