Same as leaked - but now official

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...4CF2C1AD240B6C
    03-28-12 02:07 PM
    Thank you and is this means that I don't need that special loader in new download files?
    rich007007 likes this.
    03-28-12 02:15 PM
    I wonder what the .400 and .500 builds will bring us... The OS is pretty complete and no amount of upgrades will truly give us 10-15% more battery life (even if some still hope for 50-100% more)
    03-28-12 02:22 PM
    Sorry for the silly question here..but...since this is the same as the leak, I shouldn't re-install it just because it's 'official', should I? Staying on the leak is fine..?
    03-28-12 02:24 PM
    Sorry for the silly question here..but...since this is the same as the leak, I shouldn't re-install it just because it's 'official', should I? Staying on the leak is fine..?
    There is no need to re-install.
    Eli_B likes this.
    03-28-12 02:26 PM
    Leaked and official will have the exact same files. So, you don't benefit from loading these files because they are identical.

I wonder if there are any bad effects on loading the leak with the thrid party loader?
    Eli_B likes this.
    03-28-12 02:37 PM
    I wonder what the .400 and .500 builds will bring us... The OS is pretty complete and no amount of upgrades will truly give us 10-15% more battery life (even if some still hope for 50-100% more)
    There are still issues with the DLNA push, the Bluetooth, Media Player and even the OS refusing car chargers for charging the battery. I am sure they will fix those issues on upcoming updates.
    03-28-12 02:39 PM
    Can I go straight from .267 to this build?

Thanks very much
    03-28-12 03:22 PM
    Can I go straight from .267 to this build?

Thanks very much
    Yes you can. Download the file from the RIM's site and load it to a Windows computer and use loader.exe to load.
    03-28-12 03:23 PM
    I'm grabbing this so I don't have to use the lyr installer if I need this down the road - thanks for the linkypoo, Adam!
    03-28-12 03:23 PM
    Also official from Telenor Norway... https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5CAD0880611BC6
    03-28-12 03:44 PM
    Cool, I was waiting on this. Too lazy for the DIY-hybrid / leaked version�

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    03-28-12 03:55 PM
    downloaded thanks

And i have just settle with .284

here we go again.

Hows the battery life? Joking
    03-28-12 04:02 PM
    Mobile hotspot?
    03-28-12 04:04 PM
    How is battery on 342? I got it stable on 267... what is new in 342 compared to 267?
    03-28-12 04:06 PM
    Mobile hotspot?
    Mobile hotspot is there, but your service provider must support it if you want to use it. It is a feature that depend on service books pushed by them.
    03-28-12 04:12 PM
    Now that this is official, where is the new leak?
    03-28-12 04:14 PM
    37 sec and its getting installed
    03-28-12 04:15 PM
    mss-ca,

I used the BB tools loader (or whatever that other loader was) and my BB is working with no issues. I don't see any negative effects from it (that I know of)
    mssca likes this.
    03-28-12 04:29 PM
    mss-ca,

I used the BB tools loader (or whatever that other loader was) and my BB is working with no issues. I don't see any negative effects from it (that I know of)
    Thanks for the info. Because the loading files are added to the leaked OS, some people include myself decided to not to load the leaked OS. Now we have the loading files included in this one, I may even upgrade my OS today.
    03-28-12 04:37 PM
    installed without a problem.

Wiped device with BB Boss and shrunk it too.

Seems snappy as i load in apps. If only it stayed like that.
    03-28-12 04:53 PM
    Wiped the phone, installed without a hitch. Everything looks okay and Mobile Hotspot still works with Rogers. Got the media server to work too. Haven't tried wifi calling though.
    03-28-12 05:16 PM
    Also official from Telenor Norway... https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5CAD0880611BC6
    Thanks, always preferred Norway to Israel lol
    03-28-12 05:22 PM
    Thanks, always preferred Norway to Israel lol
    Watch what you say
    As a proud Israeli coudn't resist

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Eli_B, FBA, GlebM and 3 others like this.
    03-28-12 05:46 PM
    I haven't read the comments on the leaked version but have people mentioned any bad things about the OS? I am currently using .267 and the idle battery rate for me is 6%+ and when using the browser, it will jump up to like 14% - 24%. It's so horrible.
    Last edited by Yell0w; 03-28-12 at 06:05 PM.
    03-28-12 05:54 PM
498 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD