italian language isn't
    04-18-12 06:21 PM
    Cellcom customer here, installed and running without major issue. Will be watching this thread to see if anyone uncovers and significant changes.
    04-18-12 07:56 PM
    I think Im running7.1.0.163 but I dont see anyone else saying they have that version. Im on verizon.

I went to the link on Crackberry through my 9930 browser & saved it to the media card. is that ok? then what do I do?

if anyone can help Im obiously clueless. Thanks
    Do a forums search right here in Crackberry . Type in "how install new os" and you will find links that will have step by step instructions. You will need a PC. I use the Desktop Manager method to install mine. It's quick, easy and hassle free.
    04-18-12 08:49 PM
    Installed tonight. Here's to hoping the memory bleed will slow to a trickle. Thanks for the tip, pcgizmo. I successfully deleted those bothersome files.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    04-18-12 08:50 PM
    The 340 camera bug is gone. Seems to be a very good, smooth os. Haven't noticed any other significant change. I'll be checking out battery usage over the next few days. No major memory leaks as of yet (like 340).
    04-18-12 08:52 PM
    Installed this (coming from .340) and everything was working, but decided to do a battery pull. When it restarted the radio became erratic. It connects to Verizon 3G for a few seconds then switches to 1X, then loses the connection and searches for CDMA. I deleted vendor.xml. Not sure what is going on.

Can anyone advise me on how to reinstall or even downgrade?

---

Err...the issue appears to have fixed itself after quite a few battery pulls.
    Last edited by xgunther; 04-18-12 at 10:41 PM. Reason: update
    04-18-12 10:17 PM
    I noticed earlier so switching from 1X to 3G, but then I missed one text, 2 emails, and 7 phone calls! The phone received all these messages, but no audible alert despite everything being turned on/set properly. I did a battery pull, but now I am a bit paranoid.
    04-18-12 10:51 PM
    Installed this (coming from .340) and everything was working, but decided to do a battery pull. When it restarted the radio became erratic. It connects to Verizon 3G for a few seconds then switches to 1X, then loses the connection and searches for CDMA. I deleted vendor.xml. Not sure what is going on.

---

Give it time... Mine was almost similar.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    04-18-12 10:54 PM
    I noticed earlier so switching from 1X to 3G, but then I missed one text, 2 emails, and 7 phone calls! The phone received all these messages, but no audible alert despite everything being turned on/set properly. I did a battery pull, but now I am a bit paranoid.

You may not have had an audible alert because of the "rush" of data. The switching of 1x to 3G happened to me too. Nothing to worry about...

Last edited by dustanh; 04-18-12 at 11:18 PM.
    04-18-12 10:59 PM
    Still has the pause/unpause bug in the media player. Back in the drawer you go, 9930.
    04-19-12 12:10 AM
    Still has the pause/unpause bug in the media player. Back in the drawer you go, 9930.
    What is this bug you speak of?
    04-19-12 02:05 AM
    download went well.all 3rd party apps loaded .running smooth will see how it goes.
    04-19-12 03:16 AM
    It's an english only build, is there a way to add french ?
    English is the language of the world my friend. You seem to be able to speak, write and read English. English is what makes the world go 'round!!!! lol!!
    04-19-12 03:36 AM

C'mon man! Please answer the question. What bug are you talking about? I haven't heard of any bug in Media Player but I'd sure like to know what you're problem with it is.
    04-19-12 03:40 AM

---

Funny you should mention this. I also had probs after a batt pull. My bbm messages doubled and then tripled. Things I had moved, moved back. Like it lost it's mind during the battery pull. Then after another one...all was normal.

Weird.
    04-19-12 06:46 AM
    What bug? My media player pauses and unpauses correctly.
    04-19-12 06:48 AM
    What is this bug you speak of?
    What bug? My media player pauses and unpauses correctly.
    Exactly! What bug? Media player works on my 9930.

Thank you very much!! I will be doing this right now. Again, Thanks.
    Jim
    Glad I could help you!
    04-19-12 07:14 AM
    My phone was rebooting randomly itself with the leaked .340, I downgraded it to .267 and it was not rebooting on its own anymore but it does again now with .342

Is there any log where we can see why it reboots randomly ??
    04-19-12 09:18 AM
    My phone was rebooting randomly itself with the leaked .340, I downgraded it to .267 and it was not rebooting on its own anymore but it does again now with .342

Is there any log where we can see why it reboots randomly ??

Wipe and do clean install. Do not restore data or apps. Is it still rebooting? Most likely an app.

04-19-12 09:50 AM
    Call me ********.... But I'm not, I swear...LOL. I've upgraded numerous times on numerous BB's, but for whatever reason, I'm not getting Apploader to pick up this OS. I've deleted the vendor file, I've deleted all other previous OS's. >342 is the only one installed and apploader won't pick it up after a few reboots and some more vendor deletes. Anybody have an idea? And now I have some stupid Malware on my laptop about win a new ipod that I can't get rid of.... WTF!
    04-19-12 10:23 AM
    Call me ********.... But I'm not, I swear...LOL. I've upgraded numerous times on numerous BB's, but for whatever reason, I'm not getting Apploader to pick up this OS. I've deleted the vendor file, I've deleted all other previous OS's. >342 is the only one installed and apploader won't pick it up after a few reboots and some more vendor deletes. Anybody have an idea? And now I have some stupid Malware on my laptop about win a new ipod that I can't get rid of.... WTF!
    Sounds as though there is a second Vendor file.

Do a search of your C drive and make sure that you tick the box to search for hidden files.

If the search brings up a second file just delete it and you should be good to go.
    04-19-12 10:31 AM
    Search your harddrive (including hidden & system folders) for vendor.xml. There is more than one that has to be removed.
    04-19-12 10:32 AM
    OK....Will do that.... RIM has gotten tricky....LOL
    04-19-12 10:43 AM
    Search your harddrive (including hidden & system folders) for vendor.xml. There is more than one that has to be removed.
    More than one? I only deleted the obvious and all went fine. Took 20 minutes (using the DM) and this build is pretty good.
    04-19-12 11:04 AM
    Same here. Deleted the one in the Apploader folder and DM picked it right up.
    04-19-12 12:13 PM
163 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD