i was able to successfully revive a bricked/nuked Verizon 9930 device that refused to reconnect to JVM during all other methods of recovery during my first attempt using this firmware version.
    12-17-11 12:30 PM
    i was able to successfully revive a bricked/nuked Verizon 9930 device that refused to reconnect to JVM during all other methods of recovery during my first attempt using this firmware version.
    Really ??? With a 9900 OS ..... Wrong thread ???
    12-17-11 12:32 PM
    Please to hear that it seems to have settled in, was beginning to feel guilty after reading your first post that I'd sold you a pup by recommending the Hybrid to you.
    Very kind of you, but no need for any guilt
    12-17-11 01:08 PM
    Just loaded your .585/.540 hybrid and it works very well 2 days later. The only complaint I have and its bin the same for pretty much every os except the only official from telus .261...the smoothness of just sliding your menu back and forth, up and down on every other os seems choppy, reminds me of my torch 9800. I was so impressed with how smooth .261 is it made all its other bugs unimportant. .585/.540 works amazingly well in every other category and is probably the least choppy of all the os I've tried. (Only one I missed was .503). Is there any way to incorporate whatever files on .261 that make it run so smooth with the radio from .540 and files from .585???? The perfect os. Not new to crackberry, always observed from a distance, but I just signed up cause I had to ask and you seem to be the man to ask. I guess you don't get pm's. Oh ya anyone else noticing a dead spot on the bottom of the screen just above the track pad?
    Last edited by BB_Man34; 12-17-11 at 01:26 PM. Reason: oh ya
    12-17-11 01:20 PM
    .585 fixes bricked phones!!
    12-17-11 08:51 PM
    Exactly the same day today as yesterday, but by 4pm I'm down to 30% again like Thursday Nothing changed!

I think it must be the method of charging.... more to follow....
    12-18-11 01:58 PM
    This OS is SUPERB! After 3 days running .503 radio/.585 and 165 files of 7.1.0.150. It is really fast and smooth. Battery hold for a day with a charge and running all day with 3G.

Thank Sator for your .150 files. Thank Phil_uk for radio hybrid guide. It work really great! Just sometime the notification sound is missing suddenly and as always, Battery pull solved it.

BTW, I'm not using any battery app cause i think the battery app is the one that draining out battery. I'm using E-screen to monitor my battery.

cheers!
    12-18-11 07:52 PM
    This OS is SUPERB! After 3 days running .503 radio/.585 and 165 files of 7.1.0.150. It is really fast and smooth. Battery hold for a day with a charge and running all day with 3G.

Thank Sator for your .150 files. Thank Phil_uk for radio hybrid guide. It work really great! Just sometime the notification sound is missing suddenly and as always, Battery pull solved it.

BTW, I'm not using any battery app cause i think the battery app is the one that draining out battery. I'm using E-screen to monitor my battery.

cheers!
    Your welcome...
    12-18-11 09:29 PM
    i installed the updated bbm app and now my battery discharges quite fast... it was already ok with the 585+540 radio.. anybody experienced this?
    12-18-11 11:47 PM
    Hi all, would you please send the link to Phil's radio hybrid guide? thank you.
    12-19-11 12:25 AM
    Hi all, would you please send the link to Phil's radio hybrid guide? thank you.
    It's on page 2 of this thread. Post 19.
    12-19-11 02:52 AM
    .540 and .584 hybird is good, i charged my battery at 1:00 AM and now its 3:40 PM and battery is at 80%...
    12-19-11 04:40 AM
    .540 and .584 hybird is good, i charged my battery at 1:00 AM and now its 3:40 PM and battery is at 80%...
    Did you pull it out of the charger at 1:00 am ?????? If not then when ?
    12-19-11 05:28 AM
    Just got the official prompt from Vodafone Ireland that this is the recommended OS today. Have re installed from 7.1 because that OS was starting to act a bit funny.

Reckon official 7.1 will be out soon on this carrier.
    12-19-11 09:43 AM
    Just got the official prompt from Vodafone Ireland that this is the recommended OS today. Have re installed from 7.1 because that OS was starting to act a bit funny.

Reckon official 7.1 will be out soon on this carrier.
    Use the .540 or .503 radio file if you encounter the battery meter bug that is reported in this build, or if you are getting poor battery life from the stock OS.
    12-19-11 09:56 AM
    I wanted add in that the .585/.540 hybrid definitely improved battery performance. You will have to wait a couple days to see the difference in the performance..
    12-19-11 04:07 PM
    Just plugged my Bold 9900 into DM and got notification of OS update to 7.0.0.585 for Bell Mobility.
    12-19-11 05:27 PM
    I installed this official from bell last night and coming from .503 i gotta say the battery life took a ****kicking on this build. I'll wait another day or two to see if it gets better but if not i'll be going back to .503
    12-19-11 06:30 PM
    i installed the updated bbm app and now my battery discharges quite fast... it was already ok with the 585+540 radio.. anybody experienced this?
    Yes, now i have realized... with .585 / .540 radio, batt life was more than 16 hrs... after having installed the new bbm version, the batt life has reduced to about 12 hrs with the same usage....
    12-20-11 12:34 AM
    hey Phil,

i have upgraded my phone using the .585 with Radio .540 after Wiping to factory default per the steps you recommended as and found that the Social Feeds gone also the Russian language support with all the other supported languages su as Nordic, French, Arabic also gone.
    then tried to reinstall also same issue.
    then tried to downgrade to previous version also same issue.
    then restored back to my previous back and also no luck.

is there any way to get all these supports and applications that vanished?
    or any methos that i can follow to get the Social Feeds and supported languages.
    12-20-11 02:20 AM
    Did you pull it out of the charger at 1:00 am ?????? If not then when ?

yup i pulled it out of the charger at 1:00AM..now my battery timings are more than 24hrs
    12-20-11 03:05 AM
    hey Phil,

i have upgraded my phone using the .585 with Radio .540 after Wiping to factory default per the steps you recommended as and found that the Social Feeds gone also the Russian language support with all the other supported languages su as Nordic, French, Arabic also gone.
    then tried to reinstall also same issue.
    then tried to downgrade to previous version also same issue.
    then restored back to my previous back and also no luck.

is there any way to get all these supports and applications that vanished?
    or any methos that i can follow to get the Social Feeds and supported languages.
    I may be able to help in installing other languages, provided ofcourse, the built has them. When I installed the .540 , and rebooted I found that many languages are not there. So, connected the phone to the DTM, went to applications, and I found that almost all the languages ( specially the Arabic) are there, so I picked what ever I want to install, other apps were there also. After reboot, all I wanted were installed.
    12-20-11 03:23 AM
    I may be able to help in installing other languages, provided ofcourse, the built has them. When I installed the .540 , and rebooted I found that many languages are not there. So, connected the phone to the DTM, went to applications, and I found that almost all the languages ( specially the Arabic) are there, so I picked what ever I want to install, other apps were there also. After reboot, all I wanted were installed.
    thanks
    i will check it
    12-20-11 03:27 AM
    I am on .540 and having a terrible battery discharge rate between 6 & 7 % (I have nothing else to complain about).
    Minimal usage , like 10 emails / day, 10 calls or so, very few bbm, no social feeds, I even deleted App world trying to save battery. But I am on 3G and WiFi most of the time .

Would I have a better discharge rate if I install the hybrid .585/.540 ?

Can I get a direct answer please ? I do not want to try and may be comeback , lest I should brick the phone.
    12-20-11 05:26 AM
    I am on .540 and having a terrible battery discharge rate between 6 & 7 % (I have nothing else to complain about).
    Minimal usage , like 10 emails / day, 10 calls or so, very few bbm, no social feeds, I even deleted App world trying to save battery. But I am on 3G and WiFi most of the time .

Would I have a better discharge rate if I install the hybrid .585/.540 ?

Can I get a direct answer please ? I do not want to try and may be comeback , lest I should brick the phone.
    Did you ever run .503 ? If you did and it was better than .540 then use the hybrid .585/.503.

The .585/540 works well for me and others who have posted in this thread.
    12-20-11 06:24 AM
323 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD