I don't know why people who have the microphone issue haven't demanded at&t to fix it, or boycott in protest and switch to a smaller/another carrier. For those that don't have a choice, I feel you.

But if I did have a choice and there was another carrier and mind didn't listen at all, you bet your blow torch I would switch and arrange something of a rally.
    09-12-12 02:45 PM
    I don't know why people who have the microphone issue haven't demanded at&t to fix it, or boycott in protest and switch to a smaller/another carrier. For those that don't have a choice, I feel you.

But if I did have a choice and there was another carrier and mind didn't listen at all, you bet your blow torch I would switch and arrange something of a rally.
    There's nothing to say to AT&T because these are OS updates for other carriers. AT&T will tell you to use theirs which is still 7.0 (despite most others being on 7.1). Historically AT&T is the last one to update their software (IF they even bother to do so...). I remember when ATT's OS for the Bold 9000 was 4.6 for about 2 years after everyone else was at 5.0 before they released it. AT&T sucks. I'm done with them
    09-12-12 08:05 PM
    Just an FYI when this headache first started for me (about 3 updates ago) I was convinced it was the phone and had AT&T replace my phone. When the replacment started in the with the same sh*t I did a search on the net and found out it's certain OS's and AT&T Bold 9900s. So far (for me) it's anything after .391 that screws up the mic. I just reloaded .391 and I'll be good to go
    09-12-12 09:19 PM
    well i found that sometimes the phone restarts by itself... iv never had this problem in other builds
    and
    sometimes the display just stays black and the only way it comes back on is if you do a reboot
    This is annoying. I gave up on the bold because of this issue. My phone would reset at least 4 times a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 09:24 PM
    This is bug and exist on all builds including 7.1.0.342 (not sure about -342) I think this happens because of BBID or BBM Connection. (I disabled all BBM-APP connections and still having same error)

After you reboot Contacts and AppWorld appear on AppSwitcher if you try to open BBM, Contacts and AppWorld device freeze and you have to reboot again.

Fix (not permanent): Wait till AppWorld and Contacts disappear on AppSwitcher after reboots. This usually takes 10seconds or so. Open AppSwitcher to see if Contacts and AppWorld gone or not if not use back button without clicking any apps on AppSwitcher and check again.

Yup this is very annoying...
    no such bug found in 7.1.0.342. at least not in mine
    09-15-12 07:58 AM
    no such bug found in 7.1.0.342. at least not in mine

Is this for the Bold 9900? i don't remember that build. i saw some posts in this thread for the Torch 9810 and thought this may pertain to that...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    blogger55 likes this.
    09-15-12 08:19 AM
    Is this for the Bold 9900?
    Yes... it's the latest EMEA version
    09-15-12 11:14 AM

Mobile service providers are widely held in disregard by their customers and they know this. If someone calls to complain, they typically do nothing. If you leave, they call it "churn". Churn has been part of the mobile market ever since there was a mobile market. It hasn't resulted in service providers stepping up their game and addressing the issues that off their customers yet, so I wouldn't expect that it ever will in the future.
    09-15-12 06:07 PM
    Been running this for a long time now. Att bold. Works fine in chicago, in new york people cant hear me. Have to pop the battery to make a call. I can hear them fine. Guess i will have to downgrade. Att sucks again!
    Mr_Ricky_66 likes this.
    09-19-12 01:13 PM
    With the mic issue, take the batt out and reboot it. Should fix it.
    09-19-12 04:53 PM
    With the mic issue, take the batt out and reboot it. Should fix it.
    Dude, no offense but we're way past that suggestion...battery pulls are prob among the first steps taken. It should say something how long this has been going on (try google..), the number of different posts of users that have this issue, how it's narrowed down to ATT bolds, how it's further narrowed down to OS systems. Coming in here after a years worth of posts examining this problem with an answer like "just take out the battery and reboot it, that should fix it" is almost insulting.

For the rest of us I've downgraded to .391 and my mic issues have disappeared. OS's I've tried and their results:

No mic issues with any of these builds:

No mic issues with any of these 3 builds

Mic issues persist with the following builds:

It's pretty steady in that anything after .3xx will affect the mic. ATT sucks big time
    09-20-12 02:05 PM
    7.1.0.694 should be pushed to AT&T subscribers via DM...
    09-20-12 02:07 PM
    I happen to speak spanish but as its a second language I don't want my Blackberry running in spanish lol

The download says its multilanguage but it also says its in spanish...which is it??

Official BlackBerry OS 7.1.0.658 for BlackBerry Bold 9900 from Telefonica | BerryLicio.us

If it's in english I'll be the guinea pig...
    09-20-12 02:15 PM
    Lol, I said 694 not 658 as it is not from AT&T, if you're on AT&T I suggest you plug your device to DM and see.
    09-20-12 02:23 PM
    .694 by ATT is listed as an update for the Torch...btw Im plugged into DM and I don't see anything...

UPDATE
    Looks like ATT has officially added this version for use with the 9900 as of the last 1/2 hour...check it out:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do
    Last edited by Mr_Ricky_66; 09-20-12 at 02:56 PM.
    09-20-12 02:33 PM
    OK the official .694 is installed....I'll let you know how it goes in a few days
    09-20-12 03:42 PM
    My luck ran out with this release (.569) - mic issue appeared so I was forced to upgrade to official AT&T release .694
    09-22-12 06:41 PM
    If you fancy waiting till tomorrow we have an amazing Hybrid coming to cb. Berrylicious Ultimate AT&T Special Edition. Built around the 694 radio file but using OS files up to 714. It doesn't suffer from the mike issue as we have had people testing it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    SoBold9700 likes this.
    09-22-12 06:53 PM
518 ... 192021
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD