There have been countless experiences shared here about ppl waking up to a "nuked" BlackBerry. For the most part it appears that those that have left their phones to charge overnight have experienced this.

My Bold is less than a week old and I would like to know if I too may have a "ticking time bomb" but out of paranoia never let my batter deplete past the dreaded 15%. Having said that I was curious if you guys think I/we should let our phones drain and charge overnight to see how our phones handle this. I would much rather face the issue now while I still have a warranty as oppose to deal with this months from now when their maybe some resistance with getting a replacement.

What do you think? Should I play it safe and continue charging my phone cautiously or shall I take the plunge and really test to see if I've got a bad phone?
    imagine123 likes this.
    12-06-11 12:34 PM
    I know the feeling. Every time I turn the phone on I am crossing my fingers. I don't know weather to charge all night, leave the phone on while charging, how far to let the battery drain. There does not seem to be a exact pattern to avoid. Luckily VZW has not put out a update because I would not want to do anything for fear of nuking/bricking. I hope BB comes out with a fix soon. That is one thing I like about BB is the hardware and software is solid. For me it just works. Now I am walking on egg shells wondering if this is the time it will brick.
    12-06-11 01:23 PM
    I get what you are saying, and i think the best thing is to stop worrying and just let it drain and see if it is in fact a faulty one or not... Until you try, you won't know. I would do this and test it out more than once...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 01:26 PM
    I haven't read about the bricking issues and didnt read the subject title of this thread. If I know nothing and don't think about it then it can't happen to my phone.

On a serious note if my phone to were to brick this would possibly be the last RIM purchase I make.
    12-06-11 01:27 PM
    I have had the phone for a month. If I have this bricking issue how long will BB honer the warranty? 60-90 days? Just my luck it will brick the day after the dead line.
    12-06-11 01:31 PM
    I am trying to do everything I can to get it to fail now, rather than later...
    12-06-11 01:39 PM
    I have had the phone for a month. If I have this bricking issue how long will BB honer the warranty? 60-90 days? Just my luck it will brick the day after the dead line.
    This is exactly the reason why I say we are better off testing the phone now for ourselves and deal with the replacement issues while still on warranty.

Though I continue to contradict myself out of fear that I may in fact have a bad phone; I know this is the most logical and rational thing to do in the long term.

It's time to suit up, think I will let my BlackBerry recce outside the wire tonight!
    12-06-11 01:44 PM
    There have been countless experiences shared here about ppl waking up to a "nuked" BlackBerry. For the most part it appears that those that have left their phones to charge overnight have experienced this.

My Bold is less than a week old and I would like to know if I too may have a "ticking time bomb" but out of paranoia never let my batter deplete past the dreaded 15%. Having said that I was curious if you guys think I/we should let our phones drain and charge overnight to see how our phones handle this. I would much rather face the issue now while I still have a warranty as oppose to deal with this months from now when their maybe some resistance with getting a replacement.

What do you think? Should I play it safe and continue charging my phone cautiously or shall I take the plunge and really test to see if I've got a bad phone?
    I really wouldn't worry about it. I've let my phone drain multiple times with no issue. It may seem like a large percentage of Bolds suffer from the issue from reading the forums, but I can assure you that the actual figure is way less than 1% of total devices.

On top of that, if it does happen your carrier will provide you with a replacement.
    12-06-11 01:50 PM
    I really wouldn't worry about it. I've let my phone drain multiple times with no issue. It may seem like a large percentage of Bolds suffer from the issue from reading the forums, but I can assure you that the actual figure is way less than 1% of total devices.

On top of that, if it does happen your carrier will provide you with a replacement.
    You make a good point and you're probably right about the true percentage of actual cases of bad experiences.

But I'm just thinking worst case scenario, besides will my carrier provide a replacement past warranty? All the more reason in my opinion to test your devices now.
    12-06-11 01:54 PM
    You make a good point and you're probably right about the true percentage of actual cases of bad experiences.

But I'm just thinking worst case scenario, besides will my carrier provide a replacement past warranty? All the more reason in my opinion to test your devices now.
    Warranty is 1 year. By then either a fix will be out or your device would have displayed the issue (if it was going to). Again, you have nothing to worry about.
    BBLifeSentence likes this.
    12-06-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD