Hey guys,
    For a long time i'm checking CB every day: just never logged in as an member. Right now I actually need the help of the experts of the CrackBerry community.

I woke up this morning with a nuked 9900 (not recently updated nor downloaded new apps). I have tried for quite some time now to get my 9900 working again, but it still only gives me a blinking red light.

So far i've done the next couple things:
    - Reinstalled Desktop Manager;
    - Reinstalled OS software (tried the .353 and .296);
    - Tried getting my 9900 on an other pc, with an other USB-cord;
    - Tried it with �nd without battery plugged in on both Windows PC's;

Right now, he's still not working. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    I used "cmd" -> "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm.
    I also tried launching it directly from the loader.exe itself.

The only thing that is different from my story to the many nuked BB stories there are on the internet, is that my PIN does get recognized when the apploader starts.
    Whenever it pops up, I immediatly click on Next. Right after I configure my BlackBerry (setting up which language I would like etc.), he'll start deleting my apps and then he tries to load the "new" OS.

This all works out fine, until step III: the JVM loading. He gets stuck there (because of my BlackBerry, which is rebooting all the time) and I get the "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." message.

Is there anything I'm not doing right? Am I forgetting something? And is it a problem that my PIN does get recognized?

Just a link to an article on this website, to an "How To" guide for example, won't solve my problem. I've been struggling with this issue for hours now and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to have nightmares about these "How To" guides now lol.

Excuse my English, it isn't my first language. If there's anything I'm not explaining correctly, please let me know.

I hope you guys can help me out! Thanks in advance.
    09-21-11 06:26 PM
    Hav you tried pluggin your BB to desktop software. With no battery and clicking update? Once it downloads the Os then pop in the batter
    09-21-11 06:55 PM
    Hav you tried pluggin your BB to desktop software. With no battery and clicking update? Once it downloads the Os then pop in the batter

After reading this comment, I tried that. Still nuked, still rebooting.
    09-21-11 07:07 PM
    I would start by seeing if you can do a wipe back to factory defaults on it first, sometimes this will help "properly" brick a device to a point where it will stop the boot loops.

Resetting a BlackBerry to Factory Settings

Grab javaloader.exe with JL_Cmdr and see if you can run any of the wipe or resettofactory commands against the BB.
    09-21-11 07:35 PM
    After reading this comment, I tried that. Still nuked, still rebooting.
    Might see how well this method will work for you.
    09-21-11 07:35 PM
    I would start by seeing if you can do a wipe back to factory defaults on it first, sometimes this will help "properly" brick a device to a point where it will stop the boot loops.

Resetting a BlackBerry to Factory Settings

Grab javaloader.exe with JL_Cmdr and see if you can run any of the wipe or resettofactory commands against the BB.
    Already tried JC_Cmdr, won't let me wipe nor resettofactory.
    09-21-11 07:53 PM
    Might see how well this method will work for you.
    Going to try that as soon as I wake up, the methode you're talking about is very time consuming and it's already 3AM here. I'll let you know!
    09-21-11 07:58 PM
    Going to try that as soon as I wake up, the methode you're talking about is very time consuming and it's already 3AM here. I'll let you know!
    You could also download and install the USB/modem drivers from BlackBerry.com, that solved a problem in this thread.
    09-21-11 08:58 PM
    You could also download and install the USB/modem drivers from BlackBerry.com, that solved a problem in this thread.
    Tried both the Master Control Program, and updated my USB/modem drivers. Still no luck whatsoever.
    09-22-11 05:34 AM
    had the same problem, returned to Rogers, waiting on a replacement
    09-22-11 09:30 PM
    Try doing a phone wipe with BBSAK and that may change it to show a 504 error. Then you should be able to reloaded your OS and everything from that point should be fine. Hopefully you have already done a backup and can restore everything from that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 07:54 AM
    had the same problem, returned to Rogers, waiting on a replacement
    +1 ... stupid backorder!!!

i could probably fix it but after the 3rd time this has happened since i got it i want a new one..

although my device hardware wise was flawless!! and when it doesnt nuke i have hardly any problems...

so i am afraid that my replacement will be flawed.. that's why i kept fixing it.. but since it'll be a new batch i am hoping they fixed up some things.

FOR THE OP:

keep trying to unplug and plug in the USB.. sometimes it'll show for a QUICK second and u have to catch it at the EXTACT right time to hit next!

Sometimes it requires your computer to be restarted several times... just keep at it if you don't want to wait for a replacement..

USUALLY after u fix a nuked phone it'll work without problems.. but like me, it may continue to happen after a certain period of time.
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 09-23-11 at 08:59 AM.
    09-23-11 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD