Are we going to get update on Blackberry 10 or are we going to stay on 7 that would suck I paid 600.00 dollars for this phone and Im Not planing to pay another 600 dollars for a new one in less than a year what is Blackberry going to do and I am just concerned
    05-05-12 02:07 PM
    Im a Blackberry Fan but just concern because I know that they need to make money but we cant afford a new blackberry every year but i want to stay with the latest product and updates I hope I will get update for Blackberry 7
    05-05-12 02:10 PM
    It's been said many of times that os7 is not compatible with OS 10
    xiaohuaxing and Premium1 like this.
    05-05-12 02:10 PM
    @.@ new technology come out everyday....
    if you have money, you can chase the technology, but if you don't, you don't have to chase it, no one said you have to....

that is why there are something like "occupy wall street", university student demand lesser tuition fees, cuz they never have any hardship and should be grateful that you already have a cell phone...
    05-05-12 02:20 PM
    No OS7 phones will not get OS10. It's the technolgy, you get what you pay for. But don't worry they won't let it down asap.
    They will still continue to support it for a while.
    05-05-12 02:25 PM
    BB10 doesn't look like its worth leaving OS7 for.
    Well, from what we've seen, anyway.
    & a physical keyboard BB10 device probably won't be available until next year anyway.

If you want it THAT bad when it comes out, just sell your OS7 device for $300.
    So technically you'll only be dishing out $300 of your own money.
    05-05-12 03:06 PM
    You mean every time a new BlackBerry comes out you're automatically entitled to it? RIM shouldn't release OS 10 because you have an OS 7 BlackBerry? Why not just continue using that? I have a BlackBerry 6 Bold. Bought it a month before the 9930 came out. Still works great!
    05-05-12 03:13 PM
    You mean every time a new BlackBerry comes out you're automatically entitled to it? RIM shouldn't release OS 10 because you have an OS 7 BlackBerry? Why not just continue using that? I have a BlackBerry 6 Bold. Bought it a month before the 9930 came out. Still works great!
    That's not the point. RIM barely just released the BB9900( heck it hasn't even been a year) and now we won't get BB10? That's bullcrap. That is why Apple is such a great company when it comes to their hardware and software. Even a 3 year old iphone gets the update. And we are forced upgrade? Nope, don't buy that logic.
    05-05-12 03:49 PM
    That's not the point. RIM barely just released the BB9900( heck it hasn't even been a year) and now we won't get BB10? That's bullcrap. That is why Apple is such a great company when it comes to their hardware and software. Even a 3 year old iphone gets the update. And we are forced upgrade? Nope, don't buy that logic.
    I wouldn't count on the iPhone upgradability to last forever.

BB7 is an evolution of a platform that's been around for years. It will continue to receive updates, and will likely continue developer support, for a good couple of years. Certainly long enough to get you through to your next upgrade from your carrier.

Now, if it WERE upgradable to BB10, you wouldn't be able to run your current apps, and replacements for everything will take some time. Honestly, for long-time BB users BB10 may not be a worthwhile upgrade until well into 2013.
    fatboymanc likes this.
    05-05-12 04:07 PM
    well no one force you to do it...
    you can go with iphone but we are comparing apple and orange here....
    05-05-12 04:13 PM
    Well, nobody is FORCING you to upgrade. If you're that pressed about it than go to iPhone. Problem solved.
    shaleem likes this.
    05-05-12 04:27 PM
    Ah, here we go. "Why apple is such a great company." I'd rather have my 8330m running 4.5 than the icrap.
    05-05-12 04:30 PM
    iPhones and iOS are all iterations of each other. Each new version having slightly better hardware and features than the last. While iPhones that are a year or two old do get OS updates, they typically lose features the older the model is.

Current BlackBerries and future BB10 devices are completely different beasts, they are not iterations of each other. This will be a fresh start and complete reboot for RIM. Even if they do get BB10 running on the current OS7 devices, can you say fragmentation faster than you can say Android? Last thing they need...especially if they're trying to build up their app selection and make things easier for devs.
    Mr.Monty and shaleem like this.
    05-05-12 04:57 PM
    That's pretty much how it goes. I no sooner got my OS6 bb and read OS7 was in the works. I read yesterday that RIM fully intends to continue to support OS7. I love my 9930 and have never felt the need to chase the latest and greatest, so I'm fine with that. If you really think the iPhone is that much better you should seriously look in that direction - and I mean that in the nicest way possible. If I thought something else was better suited to my needs, that's what I'd get.
    05-05-12 05:18 PM
    Op is nothing but fishing here. ..and wait! I m being hooked!
    05-05-12 05:36 PM
    let just say he is trying to get back to the non smartphone age....
    should ppl with normal flip phone and candy bar phone complain their phones weren't smartphone?

how about the phones that used to have black and white screens?
    so they need to complain that technology got advanced and become color screen with super high resolution now?

we are human, we need to look forward....
    05-05-12 07:22 PM
    I quit reading this thread half way through because I was getting frustrated.
    No, os7 phones won't support bb10. Can you put a chevy engine in a ford? No, it just won't work. They're not the same. Yes, both automobiles, but very different. Same with bb10 and os7.

And how can you compare apple to blackberry in terms of upgrades??? Apple is updating 3 year old phones??? Wow...if they're still sending updates for 3 year old phones, they must really not be doing something right. After 3 years, the OS should be perfect. So blackberry won't need to send out updates because OS7 will be solid.

I admit, the bb10 alpha look okay. But that alpha device looks like an iphone with a blackberry logo slapped on the back when the screen isn't on. It almost looks like you can buy a 4s case and put it on right now.
    Just keep your bold. Keep whatever os7 phone you have. Be happy when there is no more updates because the phone won't need them after that. They can't send memory or ram in a update.

K? K!
    05-05-12 07:39 PM
    One last thing...if RIM would allow OS7 phones to update to bb10, where would the money be for rim?? Nowhere. Rim would go bankrupt.
    Could you update the os5 phones to os7? No you can't. The hardware isn't good enough. Same with updating os7 to bb10. Its just not there.
    We don't want rim ro go bankrupt right?? So just wait and get a bb10 when. Have an upgrade. , why are we having this convorsation? Bb10 phones arnt available to buy yet.
    baldanders and MarcoC83 like this.
    05-05-12 07:44 PM
    The OS 10 won't be able to load on OS 7 devices because simple it is not compatible.

If you like touch screen devices, I would just gave up on RIM and go for Samsung Galaxy S III because it is much better than anything RIM can produce. It is even better than current iPhone for iSheeps.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    05-05-12 07:47 PM
    Haha, the SGS III is a joke. SGS II is a much better device. If you like touchscreen devices buy an S II and hunker down till BB10 comes out.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 05-05-12 at 07:58 PM. Reason: too many eeeeees
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    05-05-12 07:58 PM
    OS7 is pretty cool.

Also the Bold 9930 is built like a tank. I've dropped it twice while running and the solid, one piece metal frame took the hit and the phone is just fine.

I own a Bold 9930 and I will say that it is obvious that such a great device will be supported for years to come.
    You can see that kind of support for the OS5 and OS6 devices. Certainly the hardware limitiations of the older devices will start showing their age but a Bold 9930 is just awesome.
    Thunderbuck and baldanders like this.
    05-05-12 08:01 PM
    It was common knowledge when the 9900 was released that it wouldn't run BB10.
    05-05-12 08:14 PM
    I quit reading this thread half way through because I was getting frustrated.
    No, os7 phones won't support bb10. Can you put a chevy engine in a ford? No, it just won't work. They're not the same. Yes, both automobiles, but very different. Same with bb10 and os7.

And how can you compare apple to blackberry in terms of upgrades??? Apple is updating 3 year old phones??? Wow...if they're still sending updates for 3 year old phones, they must really not be doing something right. After 3 years, the OS should be perfect. So blackberry won't need to send out updates because OS7 will be solid.

I admit, the bb10 alpha look okay. But that alpha device looks like an iphone with a blackberry logo slapped on the back when the screen isn't on. It almost looks like you can buy a 4s case and put it on right now.
    Just keep your bold. Keep whatever os7 phone you have. Be happy when there is no more updates because the phone won't need them after that. They can't send memory or ram in a update.

K? K!
    Apple isn't sending updates to make the 3 year old phones work better like RIM does. They just make It to where iPhone 3G & 3GS can run ios 5. Other than that, they don't send out updates for "bug fixes" or hardware issues like RIM does.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 09:14 PM
    BB10 hardware architecture is very different than 9900. QNX's micro kernel architecture is marvellous.
    Most of iPhones are iterative development, so making some modification in current code will work on older hardware.
    Apple sells same hardware every year with just a cpu (SoC more stuffs) bump.
    Apple and google fool customers in a way. BB 9900 is more satisfying product than iPhone and android.
    If you are tech chaser...you loose a fortune and still can't keep up.
    05-05-12 10:51 PM
    Ok suck it up and get your big boy panties on! OS 7 will be around for quite awhile so its your choice. I am lucky to have the means to pay 500 for the latest. Oh well who said life is fair? I am pretty sure that SIRI wont work on older phones so its the same scenario
    05-05-12 11:30 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD