Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Now that Google has stopped Sync with BB Calendar what do I do next?

I have used Google Sync for years with the BB calendar but as of last night Google has pulled the plug. I own a carpet cleaning and disaster mitigation company and when a client would call for a job I would put it in the bb calendar, save it then sync it with my gmail account with Google Sync. Once it is loaded my associates who each have the latest and greatest Nexus phones are able to see the jobs for the day, week and month on their calendar when they log into my business Gmail account. They add measurements, put notes about carpet, pet issues, etc. Once they sync it I have instant access to that information and can bill accordingly. Other than using gmail.com on the browser are there any options for me that will work?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I occasionally need to look at Google Calendar. I have noticed that after a while (not sure how long exactly), my BB calendar will automatically synchronize with Google Calendar and all the entries added on my phone will appear on Google Calendar. It may take a while though.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts

Any calendar changes I make on my 9810 are sync'ed to Google instantly, but I tried making a change on my desktop about 5 minutes ago and haven't seen it sync to my phone thus far. I've never had the Google Sync app, I just added my GMail account to my phone and made sure to check off all the Synchronization Options.
    CrackBerry User

I use BIS to sync gmail account (contacts, calendar, mail) to my 9981. Mail works with no delay, but calendar will delay sync (from Google end to phone) between 30mins to 2 hours. It works, but just not real time.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts

Bit of an update, finally got the Calendar changes that I made on my desktop to sync to my 9810. So a 30 minutes wait seems about right.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

So if Gmail's ability to sync with the Blackberry gets flakey, what other online mail and calendar system is good-to-go with the blackberry?
    Does MIcrosoft's "Live" have a blackberry syncing capability?

Of course, I'm talking about an over-the-air type syncing... without tethering.

For me, my google calendar and blackberry sync is utterly essential.... I'm all into the google thing, but have been thinking about switching to a solid alternative.
    The one thing that attracts me to the Windows phone is the complete compatibility with all things Microsoft.

Would love to learn that blackberry can do it, too.
    CrackBerry User

To add my previous post: I have a company 9900 also, which is on BES. The Calendar sync on that phone is near real-time. My guessing is that -- company BES server will do 'calendar change push' to the phone, but in terms of gmail account on BIS, it's the BB company server do a 'pull' to check whether there is anything changed on calendar. Unlike email on IMAP, the 'pull' will not run every second, and that's the reason for delay. The same 'pull' method is also used on POP email account but with less intervals, say, 5~10 mins delay. But calendar will change far less frequently, and our lovely BB server may decide that sync it every 30~60 mins is alright for us...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a BIS 9900 and since Friday new appointments I made on my 9900 don't show up on www.google.com/calendar.. NOW WHAT? Argh, I hate this.

EDIT: Wait, just set up my google account again to be sure and it seems to be working again!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Mont Blanc

I booted Google apps in July for office 365 and have never looked back. I have enterprise client for my phones, calenders work great with my phones and playbook, I do not have to use work around for contacts or any other app. Plus I get the whole office suit too for a small monthly bill. I am about six dollar more than I was paid for google apps and whole lot happier with the results.

Default Re: Now that Google has stopped Sync with BB Calendar what do I do next?

I've been having some issues with calender sync too. Was thinking about switching to hotmail calender. Heard it works great.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Is there a hotmail app that can load directly onto the BB than can sync just like google sync to a Hotmail account?

Quote Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
    Is there a hotmail app that can load directly onto the BB than can sync just like google sync to a Hotmail account?
    My wife uses hotmail as her main email and when she adds something to the Hotmail Calendar it does sync with her BB. I'm not sure about an app though.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts

Continuing a discussion from the thread about .794 for 9810, I'm having an issue with syncing the Google Calendar as well. When I updated to the new OS and reset all my e-mail, my Google Calendar has stopped syncing, even if I leave it for a while. I've ensured that Calendar is checked off under Synchronization Options. Upon entering the e-mail setup, it asks me to confirm my password to begin syncing the calendar, but when I enter my password, it gives me this error: "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again." I only have one calendar, so what could the problem be? Could Google have possibly pulled support for single calendar accounts too?
    Passport (10.3.0.1418) | Z30 (10.3.1.1016) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)